• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Sudden Chicken Bovril Shortage....

My local Sainsbury's and Tesco (both quite large stores) have BOTH suddenly stopped stocking chicken bovril.

My C checked her Tesco (she lives quite a bit away) where she normally gets hers and they didn't have it either.

I wonder if they're discontinuing it??? I'm going to check a few more stores around me but I'll be bummed if I can't get it anymore. :sigh:

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
the asda near me no longer sells chicken bovril nor the one near my b/f mums. i got my last lot in tesco but bought 3 jars as the shelf edge label said it was being discontinued and i havent found it anywhere since. i also cant get vecon anywhere its a nightmare

you wonder what makes them discontinue some stuff dont ya!!! x

if i can find any im going to buy the whole shelf n become a chicken bovril dealer lol .. i cant find it in Tesco or Asda so looks like a jolly to morrisons is on the cards

Guess I'll pop out to Morrison's now!

LittleBottle

Where's Skinny Minnie?
You can try the online stores or Holland & Barrett for vecon.
The beef bovril was recalled recently due to a salmonella scare - don't know anything about chicken though. The Sainsbury's by me has it but only the small jars which works out more expensive (I like to make soups).

flipflop

Just follow the plan
I just use a stock cube and syn it, I only use 1 stock cube which is 1 syn for the whole pan of soup.

LittleBottle

Where's Skinny Minnie?
Thanks flipflop, that might be a better idea for me. Miles cheaper than bovril and I usually have spare syns - plus I do prefer the soup done with a chicken oxo, I find bovril a bit salty. Think I'm being too cautious trying to make everything syn free.

Morrison's had TONS of it! Woohoo!

I bought 3 for me and 3 for my C (i'm such a swot! hahaha)

They had loads and no sign saying discontinued so I didn't buy 50 jars of it!