Sudden Chicken Bovril Shortage....

StaceyUK

Gold Member
My local Sainsbury's and Tesco (both quite large stores) have BOTH suddenly stopped stocking chicken bovril.

My C checked her Tesco (she lives quite a bit away) where she normally gets hers and they didn't have it either.

I wonder if they're discontinuing it??? I'm going to check a few more stores around me but I'll be bummed if I can't get it anymore. :sigh:

I know it varies from store to store and town to town - but try Morrissons.

Someone in our class said that it was being discontinued. Bit of a pain really as I've never found any yet!

the asda near me no longer sells chicken bovril nor the one near my b/f mums. i got my last lot in tesco but bought 3 jars as the shelf edge label said it was being discontinued and i havent found it anywhere since. i also cant get vecon anywhere its a nightmare

you wonder what makes them discontinue some stuff dont ya!!! x

if i can find any im going to buy the whole shelf n become a chicken bovril dealer lol .. i cant find it in Tesco or Asda so looks like a jolly to morrisons is on the cards

I know it varies from store to store and town to town - but try Morrissons.

Bigchap's right - Morrisons should have some in stock :)

All hail Morrisons!

You can try the online stores or Holland & Barrett for vecon.
The beef bovril was recalled recently due to a salmonella scare - don't know anything about chicken though. The Sainsbury's by me has it but only the small jars which works out more expensive (I like to make soups).

I just use a stock cube and syn it, I only use 1 stock cube which is 1 syn for the whole pan of soup.

Thanks flipflop, that might be a better idea for me. Miles cheaper than bovril and I usually have spare syns - plus I do prefer the soup done with a chicken oxo, I find bovril a bit salty. Think I'm being too cautious trying to make everything syn free.

Back