Sugar Plum Fairies

I've been laughing at your comments on the speed dating aswell, it's not until July so that gives me plenty of time to lose weight and gain confidence...i just think it will be a reet good laugh!!

My mate can talk a glass eye to sleep so she'll be fine, but i think a few drinks will definitely be on the cards for me...i haven't got a clue what i'm going to ask them, any suggestions ladies? x x

Hope - okay eating. We have all either been there or will go there at some point I'm sure. I ate (as you know) when I got ill and you do put on weight rapidly as the scales will say. This is due to increase in water retention because your body has come out of ketosis, not due to fat. Over the course of the week, all evened out, you will still have been on a very low cal. diet and will surely still have lost - just maybe not as much. However, if you can completly put it behind you and get back to 100% in the next week you should a great loss. This is where you have to make your plan and stick to it as getting back on 100% can be tough. I'm not trying to put you off just being honest. My weight that I put on through eating came off again in the next week and had no real lasting damage and yours can too. Over the course of a month, that one slip up will not be noticable if you leave it at one! I hope this makes sense and comes across supportive. You are still doing very very well in a very hard position in your life, I think if it was me, I'd be a lot worse.

I'm going to put my thinking cap on re:questions for speed dating. With all our heads together we could come up with some right corkers! Then you'll be the most fun (and slimest) woman there and be beating them off with a stick!

See all you ladies later.......

Hey ladies,

I'm feeling much better today. I apologised in the end because I felt bad :( but on a lighter note I tried on a dress I've not been able to do up for months and it fits again!!

Hope try not to beat yourself up over eating, if I were you I would have put on a low more than that!! You'll prob lose those 3lbs in a few days xxxxxxxxx

Blossom - I love that feeling when clothes fit that haven't before. It kinda means more than the numbers on the scales because it makes more sense in my head. I tried on a size 12 fitted dress the other day, and although I wouldn't wear it because it was v.fitted (and its too posh for the mountains where I live) it fitted and I did the zip up.

On another note with clothes, it was really sunny today and so changed into my summer clothes. I thought I'd get my legs out in the sun as they are permanently white. I would only ever where cut off jeans/trousers before because of my weight but this year with a holiday and swimsuit coming up, I thought its time to expose. I wore a skirt thats a bit big now so rolled it up lots (only in the garden!) and I thought, mmmmmmmmmmm maybe I could buy a jeans skirt for this summer that comes above the knee and it would look ok. I think now the weight is coming off I'm even considering different clothes than I thought I would.........anyway the rambling is to ask you guys, what clothes are you looking forward to wearing now the weight is coming off.

Mine
- summer denim skirt, above knee
- vest tops (arms out)
- just jeans and t.shirt (with a waist)
- summer dresses and skirts (without chaffing!)

So?

Hi Guys,

Am busy doing some last minute cramming for my exam 2moz.Argh!

Im looking forward togetting a lovely pretty dress for my brithers wedding in cyprus.

Also wearing vest tops, shorts etc,,, basically anything that will expose my new slim bod.lol! When I get there. x

Thanks flowey, you're always very supportive, i will put it behind me and carry on being good, i'm hoping it doesnt show up too much by wednesday when i have my weigh in. But if it does so be it.

Blossom i've been a right snap case today with everyone, bless you for apologising and well done for fitting in your dress, bet you're made up aren't you?

Best of luck Becky on your exams tomorrow we're all willing you to do well.

Summer clothes....hmmm i'd like a nice summer dress (quite short), i love the orange one on the Next advert it's beautiful!! and just not have to cover everything up for a change. Not too much to ask really lol

Going off the subject slightly, i'm so angry today, i wanted to phone the ex and give him a piece of my mind....he's ignoring me!! How much of a coward is he??!!!
Pretty glad tho cos it'd probably make me even more upset..he couldn't've hurt me any more if he'd tried.

Anyway rant over have a great day spk soon, keep up the good work my new found friends big hugs to you all x x x x

Good luck for your exam tomorrow Becky!! :party0011::party0011:

Hope - I know it seems like a good idea now to give him a piece of your mind but you'd probably regret it later on. I know you've got a million things going round you mind at the moment but its not a good idea to go down to his level. Sometimes I try writing everything down and that way you vend all of your thoughts and frustrations down and it does help. Remember hes not worth a second of your time now. I wouldnt even try to contact him again if you can, unless you lived together which might be harder. Try to focus on you now hunny because men can be such slimy snakes when they want to be!!!

Flowey - I've got a bag of clothes in my mums loft of size 12-16 clothes that I cant get into so first I'd like to get into them. I just want to be able to shop in normal shops like topshop, just like any normal 25yr old and not be restricted to shops that sell granny tops and elasticated pants! I want to be able to wear a skirts and heels and look feminine again!!

A denim skirt is a great thing to wear in the summer, I practically live in mine on holiday. When you live somewhere thats sounds as nice as where you live you've got to get your legs out!

:hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99: Big hugs to you all xxxx

Morning all, thanks Blossom and no he isn't worth a minute of my time anymore, we didn't live together thank god so I have no reason to contact the :censored:rat. lol

Good news is i've stuck to the CD since my blip and not nibbled or eaten so bring on my weigh in on Wednesday!! :cross:

Have a great day everyone and drink lots of water lol x x :7834:

Hi all, feeling very positive today, the diet's been no problem at all...although my son who's 12 did cookery today and made pasties and was so chuffed when he brought them home, bless him, i felt really guilty telling him i wasn't going to sample his masterpieces!! :(

The ex issue is ok, i spoke to him and wished him good luck and i actually feel better for not ranting and raving and not lowering myself, cos that's just not me at all. I feel like i can hold my head up now and start with the rest of my life.

I feel very positive just for the fact that i've lost a bit of weight...how it can make us feel eh girls being overweight...i was turning into a bit of a shrinking violet sitting in the corner ashamed of the way i looked before i started CD, but now.....well there's no stopping me!!!:superwoman:

Hope - I just can't believe your inner strength. You are handling this so well! This diet is changing a lot more than your waist line. Your becoming a new woman! From this you can be sure you are going to do really well this time!

Wonder how the exams are going today?

I've had a poor couple of days, feeling a bit fed up with the world. But I had a good scout on here earlier and it lifted my spirits a bit. I'm now set in my mind to keep going for the last couple of weeks after my weigh in tommorow. Was wondering whether to stop or change. Here is a note to all of you, second time round is so much harder than the first, stick to it all the way!

Anyway, am happier now and a lot calmer in my brain churning so will be sticking with you girls if thats ok.

Flowey stick to it, it will be worth it in the end. I think we are all doing so well at the mo. We all seem to be going through stressful times with fellas, exams or one thing or another but we can get through it if we stick together! x

My exam today was hellish, I didnt drink too much as it was a 3 hour exam, I never looked up from the paper once.lol! Have drunk loads more tonight to make up for it, although I know you arent supposed to do that. Im now doing some more work for my exam 2moz. Then another one Friday, they joys!

I am finding the diet OK. I feel it has made me feel better during my exam period, normally id eat so much crap and gain loads of weight. Now everyone else id doing that except me.lol!

Flowey good luck 2moz, im sure you dont need it you will do fab! :D x

Hope- well done on the ex thing, you do right dont lower yourself to his level. You are worth so much more! ;) x

Becky thankyou. I've got 2 weeks to go until my hols and I'm still going for goal. Just like everyone, lots on my plate at the moment and I guess stress is getting to me. Always dealt with stress by eating before so guess need to relearn that one. I'm just about to have a coffee with a bit of skimmed milk (the less of lots of evils). I just need a bit of get up and go.

I bought a new scrub mit thing today thinking I'd take a bath and paint nails etc... but I'm just so knackered, usual problem, I couldn't be bothered. I'm hoping my get up and go comes back, maybe when I get a few of the stuff off my list done??? TOTM has been nearly 2 weeks now which doesn't help, must make doctors appointment.

I do apologise girls. I feel like I'm having a winge everyday on here at the moment. I don't mean to and I know some of you have far more on your plate than me. Hope its this diet affecting my hormones, my poor hubby and kids get it worse I can assure you.

Hi all!

Becky - good luck for your next exam. Dont worry bout the water I do that if I know that I'm going somewhere and wont be able to go to the loo every 30 minutes because of all the water! I just tend to make up for it when I get home.

Flowey - dont worry about coming on here and winging, we all do it sometimes and its the best place to do it. That way your family wont have a go!

Hope - your doing really well! I dont think I could be as strong as you!!

I feel a bit wingey today to be honest, I didnt get the job I went to the interview for. To be honest I was re-thinking it anyway because it is quite far to travel and would have been a nightmare to get to, and after finding out who they gave it to I dont think I ever had a chance. Thats not really the reason for my winge. I just cant be bothered today and want to go home and get into bed :(:( hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow when I get weighed.

I hope your all having a good day xx

Blossom- sorry to hear you didnt get the job. I really believe everything happens for a reason. like you say the grass isnt always greener.

I hope everyone is feeling tip top again soon. I have got one more exam out of the way. Im exhausted, they really take it out of me. Only two more exams now.yey! I just hope I pass, I couldnt face resits.

I wonder how Cheska is, please drop in and say hi and keep in touch. x

Morning girls, awww bless you all i think you all need a big:grouphugg:

Flowey don't feel bad about moaning, this is what the forum's all about we're here to support each other, if nobody moaned people would be put off asking anything as everyone else would appear to be coping (if you know what i mean).
You will get that last 7lbs off i know you will.

Becky well done for getting through your exams and i really hope you pass them all with flying colours...i'm sure you will. Oh and i got the mix a mousse last night off my CDC and OMG!!!! it's gorgeous!! lol

I went for my weigh in last night and tried to hide my disappointment when i stayed the same..but i am pretty miffed really...although it is my own bloomin fault for sabotaging the diet and eating sh*t i shouldn't've done!!! :copon:
Plus its my TOTM, nevertheless this week there'll be none of that!

Blossom i agree with Becky things happen for a reason and it wasn't meant to be. Good luck for your weigh in today, hope you do better than me.

I got the bars last night too, i was well excited, :gimi:but after all the anticipation the malt toffee one was totally disgusting!!! and i couldnt believe the fact that my jaw hurt when i was chewing it!!:giggle:

Have a great day all of you x x x x x

Last edited:
Hope staying the same isnt too bad considering the week you have had, you should give yourself a pat on the back for hanging in there.:D I love the mousse mis, have nearly had a full pot in two weeks and that me restricting myself from using it.lol!

How did you do y.day flowey, hope its good news, im waiting in anticipation for everyones results and im keeping everything crossed for you all.

I hated the caramel bar it was awful, im just having a choc one now its a bit better, they arent as good as the mousse!

I had the weirdest dream last night. I dreampt that I ate icecream with heaps of chocolate sauce on. I woke up feeling so guilty.lol! I know I cant have coz we dont have any in the house.lol! If I was going to eat something it wouldne be icecream either.lol! I hope I dont have anymore dreams like that. x

Hey,

Just got back from my WI, only lost a lb, only 1! :(:(:( But the TOTM has chosen to arrive today so its probably the worst day of the month to get weighed because I'll be retiaining a lot of water. Think I'm going to weigh myself at Boots at the weekend and see if I've lost any then, if not I think I'll start going a little mad!!

oh lord! so much going on!

Hope dont worry about maintaining - after the week u have had thats damn admirable in itself! men are such tossers at times! still u know what they say - you dont know what u had until uv lost it, and hes going to regret it for a long long time, but sod him - instead concentrate on the new you! you can do it! :)

Becky! omg! My exams were awful in terms of water consumption - i didnt get a chance to look at my bottle of water in the whole 3 hours let alone drink it! felt so awful and dehydrated afterwards! it was a nightmare! so releived they are over (until November anyway). but in my case, I finished my exams a week ago and while they were on, I didnt get a chance to dwell on being on CD but now I am dwelling... which isnt necessarily a good thing :(

Blossom - r u measuring inches too? as I remember last time I did cd the week I only lost 1lb I still lost 1 inch from my waist and 1 inch from my hips which helped motivate no end! :) if you arent already, then start measuring! :)

Flowey - whinge away! its ur perogative! lol a whole two weeks of totm? man i feel awful enough after just 5 days! big hug to you! still two weeks to goal and Hols - imagine how great ur going to feel on your holidays :)

Everyone else...big hugs! hope ur going strong! :)

No I've not measured myself this week. I'll be bloated anyway because I feel like a balloon :( I'm going to get measured next WI because it will be a month then and my CDC is going away for 2 weeks so I should notice a difference by then. Up to last week I'd lost 3 inches off my waist so far so its not all doom and gloom :p

Try to keep yourself busy and not dwell on food. My house is always spotless now because I keep cleaning up to keep myself busy lol xxx

Blossom dont worry, they always say if you dont loose as much as you hope it may be because you are retaining fluid. If you have been really good you will have still burnt fat, Im sure you will notice the difference next week. But isnt that a stone you have lost now in 2 weeks! Still thats not to be sniffed at.

Keep up the hard work and im sure you will get the results you want and deserve next time.:D

I have been drinking loads today as I really felt a bit funny when I got up in the middle of the night too pee, I was so thirsty and felt headachy and dizzy. Think I just didnt have enough y.day, Today im so full up with fluids I feel a bit sick.lol!

I has a warm vanilla shake for lunch, was quite nice, it isnt as powery like that. x

Back