Sugar Plum Fairies

That would be cool, two wardrobes!
My girls are nearly 3 and 16 months, so no swapping clothes yet!

Am chuffed with the size thing though as that means so much more sense to me that the numbers!

How is everyone else doing this eve?

You've done so well to lose all that in just 10 weeks...i didn't think i'd ever get past week 1 to be honest....and i'm pretty sure that without all your encouragement and advice i wouldn't've done.

Can't wait to go shopping in a few weeks...where usually i would dread it!!!

Don't be daft. If you don't want to do something, no matter what others say, you won't do it. It helps because we all know we are all serious about this, so its the odd time that we need to help each other out.
Be in no doubt, it is you alone that has got this far and will loose all the weight in the future. This site just helps you stay focussed with like minded people I think. You should be proud of yourself 2. I am amazed at anyone who can get through week 1 and then keep going!

Hiya,

Well I'm having a really sh*t day!! My dad's having chemo for Hodgkinsons disease and he's coming to the end of his treatment, he's meant to have his last one tomorrow. But today hes been taken into hopsital because his blood count is too low and hes really ill. They are going to keep him in over night to see how he is. So I've had the stress of my sister and mum panicking all day and me trying to reassure them that hes in the best place and needs to rest.

Thats sh*t thing no 1. Second - my OH is being a right kn*b hes in such a bad mood and just being a total ar*e. I've told him not to speak to me for the rest of the night because if he says something I'm just gone bite his head off in the mood I'm in.

Right rant is over with, I just feel like screaming!!! :rant2::flamingmad::rant2:

Blossom, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Stay strong, he wouldn't want you to completly stress out. You sound like the strong one out the family, which is a shame because you need support too. OH should realise that and be there for you right now. Some men just don't read between the lines do they!!!

Hope all is a bit better today. Just come and rant and scream with us, I've done it enough. I'm thinking of you at this hard time. Come say hi and let us know how your dad is as soon as you get 5 mins for yourself! Hugs your way.

Thanks Flowey it means a lot xx I'm a little better this morning. The hospital said my dad had a temp a couple of time through the night but they got it down. Its the best place for him to be tho because he wont rest at home and keeps going in work.

I've sorted things out wit my OH aswell, he's not well either and is worrying about what it is. Thank goodness his doctors app is finally this afternoon so we might be getting one thing sorted! and to top it off my neice fell over and chipped fer front tooth! What a week!! But I'm proud to say I've been 100% still :):)

Hope you all ok and not having a stressful week like mine :eek: xxx

Blossom- hope everything is ok, my thoughts are with you. As you say your Dad is in the best place and the haemotologosts and oncologists deal with this kind of thing everyday and will look after him. Hope your OH gets good news too. Im keeping eveything crossed for you.

Well done Flowey on sticking in there, I was a bit worried as last time I heard from you, you were a bit fed up. Sounds like you are really busy.

I has a peanut bar for breakfast, urgh! it was awful, im sure it tasted like marmite. I have had a look at the carbs in the bars, the peanut and cranberry have about 14g which is the same as the shakes (as when I get my shakes the consultant gives me them in a box, with nutritonal info on). The others though ie, caramel, toffee have 24g of carbs in them. So far I only like the choc and cranberry. I honestly thought I was going to be sick eating that bar.

Hope you all have a good day, im just doing some last minute reading for my exam this arvo. x

Hiya ladies, blossom hope your dad's ok my daughter's best mate's got Hodgkin's she's having a rough old time of it too, when i see her it makes me feel so guilty about the stuff i moan about. I'm also thinking about you hun and you can scream away cos i know i would!! x

She's only 17 and on top of all the chemo she's just caught MRSA so is in a bad way.

Sorry i'm not the best of counsellors but i do try :d'oh:

How did your OH get on at the docs hope he's ok. With all that going on you're doing amazing sticking to the diet!!!

Becky i had the cranberry bar just now for my last meal, it was disgusting, the bars are definitely not for me!! :sigh2: so disappointing after looking forward to them for 2 weeks lol, how did your exam go? Hope it went well.

I have got my size 16 river island boyfriend jeans on today (not that i've got a bloomin boyfriend) :giggle:and they're swinging off me, which surprises me cos they were ok last week and considering i stayed the same weight aswell????!!!!:confused:

Flowey how have you been, did you find out what your weight loss was?
Oh and can i borrow your jeans? :rotflmao:

I have just been to my mate's house and she has announced she is taking me for a meal for my birthday...i don't want to sound ungrateful but i am already going for one and not looking forward to any weight gain as a result, but i just don't know how to tell her...she knows i am on a diet and is a large, lovely, lady, but can't help being sceptical that she is trying to sabotage my success at the moment...i feel guilty even thinking that but had to say it!!

Is everyone off work for the bank holiday? I'm working Monday but looking at the weather forecast i'm not too bothered, would've been nice to have a lie in though.

Hiya,

Blossom- sorry you didnt like the cranberry one its the only one I liked. I really had to force myself to eat the peanut one eventhough it was rank. Im going to try an orange one for lunch. They do seem to have a weird taste about them though.

Guess what, im in size 14 bottoms too, whooo! And a size 16 on top. Im so chuffed, went through my wardrobe and tried a load of stuff. Even my size 16 trousers that I just got back into a couple of weeks ago are a bit baggy now and I need a belt to hold them up.

I dont get weighed for another week, but my scales at home are quite accurate. I recon i have lost another 4lb this week so am 12.6 fully dressed. Cant wait til my weigh in next week.

Im at work now as I work every weekend, normally I do 3.30-10.30pm though. I have been so busy I havent thought about eating until you said about the bars Blossom. I am working bank hol monday 4.30-10.30pm too. I dont normally but I agreed to cover it for someone so i can have a sat noght off to go to my sister-in-law to be's hen do.

Hope everyone has a fab weekend. Its good to hear everyone fitting into all them skinny clothes. It really does mean more than losing lbs at times. ;):D

Hiya everyone, well i have been really good this weekend (i know its only saturday) all my work colleagues went out last night but i just couldn't face going out and drinking water so stayed in.

I'm sure i'll make up for it and have a couple on friday.:party0016:

Anyway what i was going to say is i had a sneaky look on my scales today and they say i have stayed the same weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead: It nearly made me give up and eat i can tell you!!

If i don't lose any this week what could be possibly going wrong cos i really have been 100%!??!

I'm not sure i can do this another week without some results to show for it!! I get weighed on tuesday so will let you know.

Hope everyone's feeling better than me tonight x x x

Hope - I'm the same, only lost 1lb on Wed and I weighed myself yesterday and I've only lost a lb! :( It really is making me want to give it up, the weather is loverly and all my family are having a bbq later and I cant. Not good. I cant understand how I've only lost a lb, its not fair. I dont feel like I've lost any weight at all and beginning to feel like theres no point!!!

Going to see my dad in a bit. He's been quite lucky really because he has scans every few months due to having bowel cancer a couple of years ago and that picked up the lymph node in his chest so the chemo hes on now is only as a precaution. Apparently hes quite a rare case because they caught it really early. He might be kept in all week, hes got a chest infection and on oxygen but hes were he has no choice but to rest which is good!

Thanks for all your supportive comments they mean a lot, it does get hard sometimes trying to stay strong and juggle everything! xxxxxxxxxx

Hope - it will come off. How can it not on 400 odd cals per day. Do you remember I told that story of staying the same for 6 odd days and feeling exactly like you (was a daily weigher) then the morning of my weekly weigh-in it dropped a few lbs and I felt much slimmer aswell. I think your body retains water when your body is having a shift of body fat etc... and suddenly it all turns out ok. I bet if you had measurements they would show a change! I don't think weight and measurements always go equally hand in hand and evenly. Just give you body time to catch up. Why would everyone else on this diet loose an average of a stone a month and you be the odd ball. It won't happen I promise. You will get a big loss to catch up. Stay strong..... please I've been there and come out of the other side.

Blossom - it looks like that post is for you aswell. We are here together for when the going gets tough and I promise all will work out. There are reasons for some people failing on this diet and some suceed. Because they focus on the end product rather than that days scales. We will loose weight, it is impossible not too on these cals but we may have to be patient to let our bodies shift and catch up. I promise all will be well but to suceed this time you are going to have to really dig deep and follow your head in where you could be in say 4 weeks time, another dress size off! Please please stay strong.

Hiya all,

Blossom i've arranged to see me CDC tomorrow cos i've just had a whinge to her about it, she said she's got a trick up her sleeve she's going to tell me about tomorrow...i'm intrigued and will let you in on the secret as soon as she tells me..it better be good...lol...stay strong, maybe the scales are wrong you never know til you have your proper weigh in.

My daughter's friend who has hodgkins has been the opposite, the docs said they've never seen a case so advanced...she's had months and months of chemo and is still only halfway through, has lost all her hair...probably half her body weight too...the awful thing is her doctor just kept telling her she had a chest infection, she was fobbed off for so long and that's upset her so much, she has lost all her trust in doctors now.

Flowey thanks for that and i will let you know how i get on tommorrow, i'm hoping i have lost at least something to spur me on, i must sound really weak, i've only been on it for nearly 3 weeks lol...when i see the amount of time some people on here including yourself have been on it it amazes me!!!

My friends dog had 11 pups this morning i've just been to see them...awww they're soooo cute!!!! They're little staffys and i've fell in love with the littlest one!!! Can't have one though i'm allergic to animals..plus they grow up lol

Keep strong everyone and i'll be back to share my CDC's trick up her sleeve tomorrow x x x

Thats the problem with Hodgkins, especially in the chest because you just have flu/chest infections for months before anyone will x-ray you. I hope shes ok and can pull through it, I cant imagine what it is like for her, seeing my dad has been bad enough.

I weighed myself at Boots so the scales cant be wrong there. I'm gona give it until Wednesday and if I've not lost anything then I'll decide what to do.

Have a lovely day everyone xxxx

Dojt worry guys it will come off, it must do. You body cant survive on 500kcals a day without burning it form fat. I think uts water retention. This morning I was 1/2 lb heavier and thats what i put it down too, as I checked and im in ketosis. For me thats proof its working nomatter what the scales say.

Hope you all stick in there and get the results you want.

My friend has a puppy I saw it last night, it was sooooo cute made me want one.lol! They dont stay little for long though thats the problem Hope. Unless you get a mini one of course.lol!x

Thanks blossom i hope she pulls through it too, she's such a lovely kind hearted young lady, it breaks my heart to see her so ill. Glad your Dad's caught his early, hope he's better really soon.

Good for you for waiting til Wednesday to decide...in my head when i feel like giving up there is a real battle going on...my head is saying "arr boll**ks to this go and get yourself some food" but my heart is saying "no don't do it, you've come this far, you're doing really well, you'll love the results" lol

Take it one day at a time and we will have to try to stop weighing ourselves every day or other day cos it's obviously not helping.

Hi Becky i was thinking it might be water retention...but then thought it might be my metabolism may have slowed right down and i've not lost any...we will see.

Where do you get the Ketostix from? I've never once tested myself for ketosis...i know i am in it tho cos of my breath being like a monkey's armpit x x

I tried to get some Ketostix yesterday but Boots didnt have any. My sister said that the trainers in the gym she goes tell you not to weigh yourself until a week after you come off your period as it can take that long to lose the water.

My sister is also trying to get me to eat something later on. She keeps telling me a piece of chicken and some salad wont do any harm but I know I will regret it

Stay strong girlies. Just try and make it to your next weigh-in then decide.
I'm really keen to hear the 'trick' post as soon as you get back!

This diet does work. You know I did it 'so far' in two parts, but put together its been 10 weeks and I've lost 3 stone, you can too, I promise.....the scales will change.

Back