Sugar Plum Fairies

wow flowey i didn't realise you'd lost 3 stone!!! thats a massive loss in 10 weeks!!

why did you take a break from it, did you put on any weight in between?
I'm constantly thinking if i eat anything i will put on all my 13lbs i've lost or at least half of it...which i suppose is a good thing as when i get tempted it scares me into not eating.
BUT it also makes me think well whats the point if you put it on that easily!!

I am so hungry today i've even been thinking about swapping to the Atkins diet cos that's based around ketosis isn't it? Do you know if you can swap like that and would i gain loads of weight?

Wel done Flowey, thats an amazing loss!!!

I've just been reading about Atkins on here and theres one guy whos just swapped from CD to Atkins and lost a lb this week. The only thing thats stopping me from doing it is that you only lose about 2lb a week so the losses are more gradual and I chose CD to lose the weight as quickly as possible. Think we've both got really dis-heartened with CD this week with little losses, it makes it ten times harder to stick to. If I dont lose some by Wed I think I'll cry :cry:

Have any of you got any plans today? I'm going to do the garden and go for a walk with Anthony while the weather is still nice. Have a good day everyone xxxxx

Hello all. Yes just hit the 3 stone mark (whoo whoo).
I did it in two bits, or took a break because of a holiday. Originally I was just going to do 5 wks pre a holiday. But because of the weight loss being so fab, I set the date and ordered my shakes for when I returned to get straight back on the wagon. Again, 7 wks before my holiday (now in 2 weeks time).
I started at a size 18/20 and got to a comfy 16 in the first 5 weeks, then hols, came back and have lost again (5 wks) to get a tight 14. I'm hopeing that in the next 2 wks that this will be a comfy 14 before hols.
On holiday the first time I wasn't stupidly stuffing my face the whole time and I did try to choose my meals a little more carefully than before, but I'll be honest, it was a holiday. I did drink, had a burger and chips, a little chocolate etc... over the 3 weeks but maybe not as badly as I would have previously.
I put on between 2-3 kgs, thats about 7lbs in the 3 weeks which I think I was quite lucky with due to all the 'holiday treats'. But I lost that again in the first week back on the diet.
I believe a holiday costs you soo much money it would be a shame not to enjoy it properly. I knew I would put weight on and I knew I would have to re-start the diet, and I have.
I think the short burst between hols have worked for me because I struggle to stick to things. A holiday goal has kept me focused. I do, however, realise that if I'd done this diet in one long stretch, the weight loss would have been quicker, but I made my choice/plan and am proud that I stuck to it.

In the whole 10 weeks I've been doing it, I've had some freak weeks in the middle with 8lbs losses and some weeks with a lb loss. Its just bodies being strange and difficult at times. I have sat and said exactly what you girls are saying now (1lb loss, whats the point, I've been 100% and its not fair), and with strength from somewhere, I've come out of the other side and seen it all come good. The weight loss soon catches up and I tend to have a large cm measurement loss straight after.

Honestly, I do know how hard it is when the weight doesn't seem to be moving and I wish I had a magic window to show you how it will all come good in the end and you'll get a great boost both on the scales and on the tape measure.

In the week I struggled, it got bad and the only way I would have stuck to the diet is for a bit of comfort eating. So that night I sat with a cofffee and milk and a can of tuna in brine with the telly. It stopped me going mental with the choc and the next day was a new day. Of course I know this isn't recommended, but It's what kept me here. Maybe thats what shocked my body into moving a bit faster aswell.

Please stay strong, all will be well and remember, whatever diet you where on you can plateau at some point. Hugs to you all

Hi all, well..drum roll please..........i lost 3lb!!!!! and that was 2 days early!!!! so thats 16lb in 3 weeks!!!!!

My CDC's trick up her sleeve was to half your packs and eat 6 small meals a day, this tricks your body into thinking its getting more food so doesn't hold on to what it's getting...therefore your metabolism is faster making you lose more weight!! Genius!! lol

I've got a confession tho girls i'm sat here on my pc with a small glass of wine in hand...i thought bugger it, i really wanted it :ashamed0005: but thats it, til friday when its my birthday, so that'll be another night off!!

I said to my CDC i think i might have a break after my birthday for a week, eat high protein food, then back on again til the weight's gone...i dont think i'm feeling as strong as when i first started, so need to get back to that, you need to be 100%.

I agree with the Atkins being slow losses, need to do more research on it cos i really dont know what kind of things you eat on it. But that's another option I am definitely considering.

Hope youre all ok anyway and had a good day...i've been working so same **** different day for me. :giggle:

Flowey thats real encouragement. You have done fantastically and it just shows you get the results in the end if you stick with it.

Well done Hope on the loss, thats fantastic, just shows its not a good idea getting weighed all time. Im terrible for it at the mo.

When I go on holiday im going to have two weeks off then get back on it when I come home. I feel breaking the diet up like that for me might help me get to target. A longer stint might be harder to stick to and put me off. I keep thinking just 3 more weeks!lol! Initially I was only doing this before my hols but the results are so good im going to do it after too.

I have been craving a meal this week really badly. I havent given in though but have drunk more Dr Pepper zero than I should have. It doesnt have citirc acid so hope ill be ok. oooppps!

Loads of people have noticed ive lost weight this week, which is a bonus and has made me feel really good. That makes the bad days worth it for me. :D

Im at work too. I work in an IT suite so hence why im on here, skiving.lol! x

Hope - well done love on the weight loss. I told you it suddenly works out with a freak loss. Why our bodies don't make this gradual I will never know.
Not having a go but I think alcohol is a really big no no with ketosis thing, not sure of the science. There are a few posts on here about it. Make it just the one hey, just in case :blahblah:

Becky - you sound very similar to me. I needed the holiday as a goal but couldn't holiday with CD. Am excited about my next holiday but can feel myself slowly falling of the wagon now. :break_diet:

The last 2 days I've been having 2 shakes and then a large green salade with some tuna (tblsp of v.l.cal.dressing) in the eve. I'm a little worried about how my losses are going to be but then unless I do something like this I'm going to fall off completly with a pizza or something. :sigh:

At some point I'm going to have to eat again before my hols so this is a gradual start now. I was trying to see how this compares to the ss+ or 810 plan, but I can't seem to find tuna and weights allowed? :confused:

Any of you ladies know?

ah just found it. ok my portion of tuna is nearly half what you are allowed on 790cals so that makes me feel better. I should be still loosing then, will keep you posted as to what type of loss.

Flowey- Do whatever you need to keep you going. How long is it till your hols now.

Hope- you are half way to your goal, if you keep it up and stick in there you could be at target in a month!

With alcohol your body will use that first before fat, but as soon as the alcohol is gone you go straight back into ketosis. The only problem is that alcohol can cause your blood sugar to drop very low, and make you get bad, bad munchies or make you feel cr*p.

I did the Akins for a week and went out drinking Vodka and diet Coke, the next morning I was shaking and sweating. Nope im not an alcoholic.lol! I was having a Hypo (low blood sugar) my sister is diabetic and I checked my blood sugar and it was 2 point something (very low). I had something carby to eat and felt much better but I think you just need to be careful if you have a tendency to get low blood sugar. It wasnt like I got hammerd either. I think some of the stuff people write on here to be honest is a load of crap. I personally dont believe a lot of it.

I put a comment on one day about exercise and a CD councellor totally contradicted me and put a full explaination from book and referenced it. I went on the net and found references contradicing him bit im not sad enough to put stuff on here like that.lol! Some people read one peice of literature and take it for gospel. Or select one sentence from a whole article to back their opinions, which might not be the correct ones. Soz having a little rant.lol! :copon:

Last edited:
Hi all,

Flowey I read the posts about alcohol, it really scared me, i have just had the one and topped it up with water, think i was just having a bit of a rebellious moment lol

Becky i agree with you about breaking the diet up and next week is my holiday (even though i'm not actually going on holiday) i pre warned my CDC that this what i was going to do from the start...the week off the diet is how i feel i can cope at the moment...i really do have the utmost respect for people who stick to it for weeks and months!!
Well done for not giving in and having a meal, it's exactly how i have felt and i know it's not 100% but a glass of wine won't be too bad (i hope).

Just keep thinking both of you how good you will feel and look on your jollys...it really is true what they say about no food tasting as good as how being slim feels. We will get there and there'll be no stopping us!!!!!

Oh i've just read your post, i'm so glad i will go straight back into ketosis cos didn't fancy the 3 days cold turkey again...thanks becky...and i might go straight back on the diet after my night out cos when you put it like that (i could get to target in a month) that really does make me feel like plodding on...but we will see...i feel a bit less like throwing in the towel now...amazing how a comment can turn you round like that lol x x x

Flowey you're doing the right thing by doing the tuna salad like you said it's better than going mad and having a pizza or something, hope you carry on losing hun you have done so well so far...even if you don't lose anything you know you will get to goal after your hols x x x

Morning ladies,

I think its really good to have something to aim towards, maybe thats why I've been waivering a bit because I dont have a goal to work towards. I think I'm going to have a night off at the end of the month when its my dads birthday.

Just realised my WI is this afternoon and not tomorrow, my CDC goes on holiday tomorrow so I'll be all alone for 2 weeks! :eek:

Good luck with that Blossom, let us know how you get on...you won't be entirely on your own cos you've got us lot on here.

My CDC is really good she's letting me get weighed again on Thursday to give me a bit of motivation to not go off the rails when i go out on Friday for my birthday...saying that though after my slip last night i'm dreading it now lol

I can't believe this is my last year in my 30's i don't want to be 40!!! :-(

BTW Blossom where in cheshire do you live, my parents live in Scholar Green which is just near Congleton and my brother lives in Winsford.

Wow, this afternoon! Good luck im keeping everything crossed for you, be sure to let us know how you do.

I have gone two weeks this time, I dont get weighed until Saturday, its gone quite quickly really. Dont worry Blossom you wont be on your own you will be with us!

Hope- At least you can see the end in sight. The thing is we never look at things as objectively as other people especially when we are feeling a bit crappy.

I still wonder how Madge is, if you are luking drop in and let us know how you are. You too No Mercy and Cheska. x

hey guys! sorry manic bank holiday but you will be pleased to know that I am still ss 100%! 2nd wi on thursday (i only have wi every fortnight as I figure the bigger losses might help me stay on the wagon longer) lol

well this week was not so bad - had a barbeque at my house yesterday and despite cooking everything didnt even contemplate cheating which i was chuffed with!

however dilemma (or not really) - have a friends surprise bday on friday which I have organised and I am going to eat! :( part of me doesnt want to but part of me does, however, we are going to a turkish restaurant and I figure I can have grilled chicken kebab and salad and hopefully stay in ketosis! but it gets worse! weekend of 6th Im off to london for a hen weekend! I have already explained to the organiser that I need to be excused from meals and am happy to entertain myself, but to compromise...seeing as Im there from saturday to tuesday I am going to have one meal with them all and will stick to a chicken or fish salad...again in the hope it doesnt knock me out of ketosis! :)

anyway enough boring you Im sure! But I can understand the need to have a break... when I did CD last year, I spend four weeks in my run up to my holiday working up the plans so I could eat on holiday, and was thrilled that I still lost weight (even lost a lb on holiday)...and better still I got back on the plan when I got back (the 810 plan), so its not so bad having a break... (I only fell off the plan last time because of man trouble!) :)

anyway better get back to work :)

Hiya,

I did reply earlier, took me ages and then the internet went down at work and I didnt get chance to re-type it all.

Flowey - I think you've done amazingly well and if eating a small meal suits you then stick to it, you've got to do what suits you and what your most happy with.

Hope - I live in Widnes but I'm from Warrington. I used to split my shakes when I first started as I didnt feel as hungry all the time.

Becky - I bet you'll have a great loss, I hope I do in 2 weeks time.

No mercy - I think if you stick to your plan, try not to eat carbs and limit the alcohol you'll be fine. You probably wont be able to eat a lot anyway after not eating for so long.

Well, I've lost 3.5lb this week so in total I've lost 18.5lb which isnt bad in a month! I think I was focusing on my little loss last week and not how much I'd lost overall. I'm gonna try to look at things differently from now on :)

Oh my god ive just spent ages typing a post and it didn't send!!!

Well done blossom 18 an a half pounds is amazing in 4 weeks!!! I used to live in Warrington when i was 14 til i was 19..many moons ago lol

Becky i know what you mean about not being good at giving yourself advice, don't you think though that other people's advice etc..gets you through this diet a hell of a lot?! Or is that just me? lol

No mercy nice to hear you're still 100%, and so you should be proud of yourself for not nibbling at your bbq..don't think i'd be that strong willed!!!

Speak to you all soon and keep up the great work x x x

Back