Sugar Plum Fairies

becky - I started a thread on the slimming world section as to people going from CD to SW as I had a few questions as to whether it was a good idea or not and its amazing how many people do the same thing... check it out!

Thanks for that I will check it out. I just realised I get weighed Sunday not 2moz, damn ive got an extra day to wait. x

Hello, Sorry not been posting lately. As usual I just don't get a chance! I knew it would be like this when I had me 3 kids though!!!

Well I've been slowly weening myself off the diet and being very good. Just salades and tuna etc... But then yesturday ...... Went for a BBQ at friends (opted out so many times as on diet so was looking forward to it) The bbq was fine, pork kebabe, 1/2 sausage and salade, but then 2 potatoes from pot salade made with mayo! arrrr, then because I had done this, crisps in eve !!!!! I'm so mad at myself. Now I'm really picky and desperate to eat.... not anything..... desperate to eat biscuits and toast, well any carbs! Thats because of the carbs last night!!!

Now I feel really guilty but can't face doing ss for one week until hols again as I do feel crap in week 1. Must not eat carbs!!! One more week til hols on Saturday, must not put on weight! Now one of you girls needs to come on and give me a good talking to.

I think even if we are faltering, we must come in and say hi. If I hadn't come on today, I know I would have fallen further off the wagon today. Just being around this site makes you want to try harder.

OOOO shopping for b'day outfit. The UK is so much better for shopping than here, am sooooo jealous.

Well 14 jeans come and they fit !!!!! Thinks thats why my resolve faltered last night, because thart worry was over, if they were tight I would probably have been better!

Well stay strong ladies. Please don't falter and leave me to fall completly. Will be back later to say how good I've been (I hope). Please all have a lovely day and think slim thoughts!

Flowey- try and stick in there just until your hols it will be worth it! What do you hope to do when you come back?

I went shopping today, I wanted a nice dress for a hen do next Sat and I couldnt find any that fit nicely, im a 14 on bottom but 15 on top.lol! The size 16 dresses were just a little too big and my boobs have shrunk and dont fill the dress.OMG!lol!:eek: Im just a bit too big on top for a 14 and buldge over! argh! So I never got anything. Adam was with me too and he was going to buy me a dress for a bday prezzie (as thats what i wanted). I came home empty handed.

Im supposed to be going shopping for a dress for my brothers wedding next week. I think im going to loose the will to live. We go away 17th June, I dont think I can wait much longer to get a dress. :rolleyes:

I know exactly what your saying. You can never find what you want when you look for it. I went shopping for some t.shirts. Just t.shirts, nothing special, acme back empty handed.

Realising that even though I've lost a lot of weight, I still have the same problems shopping. Can't find what I'm after, does fit right and size 14 is NOT size 14 in every shop. Weird how shops don't go with the same measurements.

Hiya,

Ive just been for my WI, I have lost 6lb in 2 weeks, I really wanted to lose 7lb (I dont know why) but am quite happy with that really. Im now 12st 4lb. I hope I can break into the 11's before my hols!

Hope you are all keeping well. xx

Hi all,

Sorry I've not been on a lot, been a busy little bee!

I've fallen off the wagon slightly but not that much! I've just been having 2 shakes and then steamed chicken with a little salad for my tea and I'm full.

I am going to be naughty today tho, its my dads birthday and he came out of hospital on Friday so we're having a BBQ later on. I'm going to try to stay away from bread but we'll see how much willpower I have later on! Dads still not right and the hospital have said hes on the strongest antibiotics known to man which the nurse compared to bleach! but at least hes home.

I hope your all having a lovely weekend and enjoying the weather! xxxxx

Wow becky well done!!! :D:D:D:D That other lb will come off by tomorrow probably! You'll easily be in the 11s by the time you go away.

I'm not going to weigh myself until my CDC comes back from holiday if I can last that long! xxxxxxxx

Becky - I'm sure you be in the 11s by your holiday, stay strong!
Blossom - stay strong aswell, you can enjoy the bbq without bread, look at how long you haven't had bread for, have you died from lack of bread yet? Staying away from carbs, esp. at a bbq is easier than you think.......do what you want to do, make a plan and stick to it. It will give you such a good feeling at the end of the eve to say you've stuck to plan.....good luck your doing so well.

Well yes I made my plan today on what happens after my hols.....
I'm going to set the date to get back on cd ss when I return. I've been considering sw or ww but they haven't worked for me in the past and this diet has. Personal choice only, but I've come this far and the end is in sight at under 10kgs until healthy bmi. I am going to be one of those that looses all the weight on cd, moves up the plans and then maintains successfully!!! (that was note to self)
All my friends here want me to sw or ww and think I shouldn't loose another 10kg, just 5 kgs but I think thats a common problem evry dieter gets when they are nearly at goal. I'm lucky in that hubby is sooooo supportive and also wants me to get a healthy bmi, its been about 17yrs aince I had one of them.
So thats my plan, will you all still be here??? Whatever plans you choose to finish your diets I hope you will still be here as i would love it if we were all together until we are all at goal. Now that would be an achievement.
Ok here is the plan. I go on Saturday (6th) for one week...... when I come back if you are all still here, I will post my before and now pics! Then if you are all still here at the end of my journey I'll post my goal pics for you to see. Anyone else willing to post some before and during pics in 2 weeks time. Keep us going together of the next 2 weeks at least???
Sun is here at last, very hot today, speak to you all later as I have to work!!! (need money!) but will be on comp most of day so please drop in to keep me company

Flowey, I will still be here, I will post some pics. It will be a while after my hols until I get to my target anyhow. Even when I do eventually go back to SW I will pop in and say Hi. I will get to my target though im determined!.

Glad your Dad is home Blossom, im sure his Bday BBQ will lift his spirits and make sure you enjoy it too. Just keep any sick people away.

The weather here is sooo nice. I was sat in the garden earlier but im at work now. Im leaving everyone else to have a BBQ. At least I can sneak off and avoid eating.lol! x

Hi all, just wanted to say a quick hi before i go off to work, i will catch up properly later. Well my birthday was fab, had a great night, i got myself an absolutely gorgeous top from Zara size M!!!!! I also bought myself some smart cropped pants from next in a size 14 for work.
But OMG i have been soooooooooo bad talk about carb overload!!! lol but straight back on it today, which i am actually quite glad about (god knows why) so thats me til i lose the rest of my weight now....i went to my CDC's last night and got my stuff, lol, i told her i didnt want to get weighed cos i knew it would make me negative...she is so good, she just laughed at me and didn't insist on me being weighed...phew!!!!

Catch up properly later anyway, have a great day all x x x x

hey peeps! hope you all had a nice weekend! Becky I should be in the 12's soon but my aim is to be in the 11's before my holiday too (I still have 6 weeks from my last weigh in)...

These bbq's are so hard arent they? you just cant escape the smell at all! lol

well I ate on Friday at the Turkish restaurant - essentially I just had meat which was grilled and lots of salad (although probably more than I should have had) but hey I was a good girl and got back to ss on Friday lol although despite drinking over a litre of water with my meal I think I may have knocked myself out of ketosis as was feeling hungry on saturday :( but still going strong and still determined! :)

eating again this saturday - this time at some thai restaurant :(

roll on the next six weeks! :( lol

Well done everyone on sticking in there.

I felt so hungry yesterday and today not sure why as have stuck to it 100%. Im going to try and wait until about 2pm to have my lunch so im not starving again tonight. Im also drinking gallons of water. I hope this feeling passes. lol! x

Hey all, well done everyone, everyone seems to be trying their very best in some hard situations here.
Becky - I get freak hungry days in the middle of ss 100% (usually before TOTM) but also I've noticed if I drink very cold water and a lot, it gives me a very similar feeling to hunger. No water is room temp!
No mercy - you are doing soo well, stick there. If I eat anything when I've been in similar situations, it always makes me a little hungry the next day. Stick at it, it soon passes.
Hope - size 14 for your b'day, well done. Glad you had a lovely time and welcome back- such strength.

Well since my wobble since bbq and weekend, I am back on ss+ for the last few days before my hols and am feeling very determined to finish to goal now,.
P.s bikini & leg wax went really well. Feel very buffed and tydy now esp. as ended with eyebrow and eyelash tint! Holiday here I come!

Wow Flowey, glad you took the plunge and got the waxing done. When do you go away. Be sure to drop us a line before you go. x

Hi again just read through your posts well done Becky you'll definitely be in the 11's by your jolly's and i know how you feel when you say you are hungry i'm back to square one today and i'm starving!!! own fault lol

Flowey well done for getting back on it, only a couple more days til your hols, i knew your jeans would fit..and the pics i think is a great idea, i didn't take a particular before pic but i'm sure there'll be one of me somewhere looking horrendous!! I have never been brave enough to have a bikini wax...had my eyebrows done once and i looked (and felt) like i'd gone 10 rounds with mike tyson...everyone kept laughing at me...lol..i think i have sensitive skin!!

Blossom good to hear your Dad's out of hospital, you're doing so well just keeping it together!!!

No mercy 8lbs!!! wow!!! good on you for staying determined and i think you will go back into ketosis easily after only having a little bit...unlike me my glycogen store is probably full to the brim!!!

Keep thinking how great we will all look in our summer clothes girls instead of having to cover up and feel awkward!!

Have a great day tomorrow and stay strong x x x

Last edited:
Im Here.lol! im sticking to it too!

I have been quite good and done a bit more exercise this week so Im hoping I see the results.

I have been invited to my friends babys 1st birthday. For which they are having a BBQ. She doesnt know the exact diet im doing, I just said ill be coming but not eating coz of my diet. She said if Im hungry I can have chicken and salad. Im not sure If I will tell them what im doing as cant be bothered going into it. I will just say Adam is cooking for me or something.

I will tell them when im ready.lol! Will see what mood im in as to whether I tell them or not. They are lovely and wont be judgemental but I sometimes get sick of explaining the diet. Although it is a big part of my life at the mo I have other things id like to talk about.lol!

Does anyone else feel like this? x

dont worry becky i know exactly what you mean! i dont mind explaining the diet but then its the disapproval which irritates the hell out of me; a close friend of mine was a real pain in the ass to the point of where I turned around to her and said "do you think Im stupid" and naturally her response was "no of course not", to which I then said "well then why would you think that I would do a diet which i havent fully researched and dont know all about?" shes never questioned me since! lol

hope everyone else is getting on ok! :)

Back