Sugar, You're Going Down

halcyon

I got deja vu while writing this thread, has someone used this thread title before?

Once again I'm starting a diet for the gazillionth time, hopefully this time I will stick at it. Why have I called this diary "Sugar, You're Going Down"? because sugar, mostly chocolate, seems to be my biggest problem (and I like Fall Out Boy). So I'll see if I can limit myself to small bars of chocolate within my daily syns or I'll have to go cold turkey. We'll see.

I did start a food diary a few weeks ago (on SW), and lost 7 lbs in my first week, but I'd been reading different threads and I'd heard that a lot of people on SW lose quite slow, and I wanted it to happen quicker, so I fell of the wagon, went back to the usual of trying to starve myself and other such ridiculous weight-loss attempts, which of course didn't work, oh well at least I don't think I've put on weight. *crosses fingers*

Anyway, a bit about me... well my weight issues started when someone poked me in the stomach and asked me if I was pregnant (which I wasn't). I was a size 12 at the time, then because I thought I was fat, I started to starve myself. I lost a stone or two, but typically I went back to eating the same as before and gained all the weight back plus a few more stone. I ended up around 14 stone with an eating disorder (bulimia). I managed to lose 5 lbs (I think) and after losing and gaining the same couple of pounds over and over again, I decided to join SW. As I already said I lost 7 lbs in my first week. :D

So here I am... I'll start this on wednesday, because I'm skint until then, I'll try to stay on track as much as possible with what I've got in the house, for now. I'll weigh myself on Friday because that's when I weighed myself before.

I didn't mean to put anyone down by saying that there weight loss was slow, I know 1 or 2 pounds a week is the correct pace to lose weight at, I'm just really impatient.

As soon as a read the title i thought "this has to be a fall out boy fan." xD

So far today I've eaten porridge (made with milk), 1 packet of McCoy's crisp, 1 mullerlight fat free yoghurt, 1 bowl of Kellogg's Chocolate Crunchy Nut Cornflakes with milk. :eek:

Oh well at least I'm not starting properly until tomorrow.

Well done on your journey Halcyon, I have tried every diet known to man and spent a small fortune in the process, I tried Lighter Life and Exante as well but I get to the third day and lose the will to live. I too am impatient and want the weight to come off in droves but at least with SW it is easier to stick to and the weight does not come back with avengence when you stop!!

Am going to SW tonight to get weighed in on my new SW journey, wishing you the best of luck

Tasha x

It is. And I never got round to seeing them live either.

Well done on your journey Halcyon, I have tried every diet known to man and spent a small fortune in the process, I tried Lighter Life and Exante as well but I get to the third day and lose the will to live. I too am impatient and want the weight to come off in droves but at least with SW it is easier to stick to and the weight does not come back with avengence when you stop!!

Am going to SW tonight to get weighed in on my new SW journey, wishing you the best of luck

Tasha x

Thanks.

It is. And I never got round to seeing them live either.

Neither did I.

So far today I've eaten porridge (made with milk), 1 packet of McCoy's crisp, 1 mullerlight fat free yoghurt, 1 bowl of Kellogg's Chocolate Crunchy Nut Cornflakes with milk. :eek:

Oh well at least I'm not starting properly until tomorrow.

Add to that two pieces of toast with stork margarine and an aero chocolate bar.

Aero chocolate bars, heaven!! Mint are my favourite, Tx

The aero mint balls are also yummy too as is the ice cream, mousse, Easter Egg...........oh god I am addicted! x

I am drinking an options Mint Hot Choc right now!! have you tried the Turkish Delight flavour? Quite strange at first but now I love it!!! xx

Today (11/04/2012) I've had...

Breakfast: Porridge (HExb) made with milk (HExA).

Lunch: Half a tin of Baxters Healthy Veg Soup (5 Syns).

Dinner: Scrambled Egg, Bacon, Tomato, Baked Beans, Mushrooms.

Snacks: 2 Mullerlight Fat Free Yogurts, Alpen Light Bar (3 syns), 3 Laughing Cow Extra Light Cheese Triangles (3 syns), 4 Ryvita Original Crispbreads (6 syns).

Milk for tea (5 syns).

Total Syns: 21 :eek:

Last edited:
Because I went over my syns today I'm gonna reduce my syns tomorrow, so I'll have 9 syns tomorrow (Thursday).

I don't seem to be able to stop eating, since dinner I've had a Laughing Cow Extra Light Cheese Triangle, a satsuma, and another Mullerlight Yogurt.

Today (12/04/2012)I have/will have...

Breakfast: Bran Flakes, Banana, Milk.

Lunch: Half a Egg Mayo and Cress Sandwich, Fruit Salad.

Dinner: Baked Potato, Baked Beans, Tomato, Cucumber, Salad Leaves.

Snacks: 2 Alpen Light Bars (6 syns), Mullerlight Yogurt.

Drinks: Tea with Milk (5 syns).

Edited to add: Total Syns = 11.

Happy to say my ravenous hunger has gone, I was offered a biscuit, some Chocolate Eclair Sweets, Crisps, and I didn't partake of any of it.

Back