Suggestions please for party food

big bear

A bear on a mission!
I'm getting both children christened (not till May) & we're having a party afterwards. It'll be 40 people (30 adults & 10 kids).

We're having it at the cricket club but wanted quick, easy food things that we don't have to spend ages sorting out.

My sister suggested a pot of stew & rice, crusty bread.

It'll be our immediate families so they won't be too fussy.

Any ideas please? Or should I just get party platters from Iceland?

One of the most simple and successful dishes I once witness was huge bowls of chilli.

You could do it all SW-style and add rice and/or crusty bread - similar to your stew.

May is quite summery. Would you fancy stew then?

I like Max's idea of chilli though. With wraps, salads, nachos, cheese etc and people could build their own and make it as fattening or SW-friendly as they fancied.

Thanks guys, I thought of that or spag bol but just wondered if it's warm/hot weather would we want that??

Maybe pasta bolog, but not spaghetti (noone will want to get it down their nice clothes).

Old-Time Beef Stew
Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Braised Country-Style Pork Ribs
Garlic Spaghetti
Slow-Cooker Pork Tacos

A few ideas plus .....................

Could you bbq there.Men love the whole macho thing of doing it and it is fun and brings everyone together. You could do big salads etc to go with it and what perfect food for the kids as well.........sausages, burgers and more grown up things for the adults.

Animated_Funny_Barbecue_Guy_BBQ_gif_animation-2LT.gif

:eek: That's simply not true...... actually it is! - woo-hoo fire, flames, fuel, meat ;)

hi, i went to a christening in liverpool, and they served a lovely curry, along with baked potatoes for anyone that wanted them, and it went down so well:D

Back