Summertime....Depressed or Motivated

hchappyh

Silver Member
Does the summer approaching make you more determined to lose those extra lbs, or does it have the opposite effect and make you want to cry and hide away?

Personally, it makes me more motivated seeing all the pretty clothes that I sooo desperately want to wear and look good in. I do have down days where I think it's never going to happen, but then it gets to weigh day and having lost more weight in the week, I feel better again...

Thoughts....

xx

A mixture for me.

I feel depressed in a way because I don't have the confidence to go out without some form of long sleeved thin jacket on .. to cover up arms and easy to wrap around belly to hide it. Although this makes me very hot and feeling yucky!

On the other hand, it motivates me, eating plenty of salads and drinking lots of water.

xx

It makes me feel more depressed and frustrated at my size because I can't really hide away and like simplyme says, just generally feeling yukky.

I try and talk myself into feeling better about it though, and more motivated.

I do have down days where I think it's never going to happen

I'm glad it's not just me! I'm having a couple of bad days. I'll get over it.

Summer's approach isn't bothering me this year whereas when I was bigger I really didn't look forward to it as I couldn't wear anything nice and would have ankle length maxi skirts and loose tops on. I've already started wearing summery clothes which is lovely and yeah, I guess it does spur me on (most of the time!!)

Lucky Cat- sorry to hear you're having a couple of bad days - anything we can help you with?

At least with summer approaching you're feeling more confident in what you're wearing and already wearing your summer clothes - I've been so cold the last few days have had to put the heating on much to my OH's disgust! Hope you feel better soon and keep losing, you're doing so well.

Sugar fiend, you've lost soo much weight so far, try not to feel depressed and fed up - you look better this year than last and as the summer goes on, you'll be looking even better. Keep losing.

Simplyme, keep eating the salads and drinking water and you'll stop covering up in no time. But if you do feel so hot and yucky, wear what you like as long as you feel comfy who cares!!

Keep losing - at least we may sweat some of it off if it gets too hot!!

xx

Lucky Cat- sorry to hear you're having a couple of bad days - anything we can help you with?

Oh bless ya hchappyh. I'm not having a good week. I've a tendency to depression and I've been feeling very low this week.

It's funny because doing this diet has made me recognise the link between my depression and overeating. As I've been feeling low, I've wanted to absolutely stuff my face. I was out walking the dogs yesterday and all I could think about was the packet of chocolate digestives that was in the fridge and how I could sit and eat the whole bloody packet. I didn't though. I've still been good but it's been hard going. I have had a few times when I've thought "sod it, who cares about being slim?" but the reality is I do care and I just have to ensure that I don't slip and fall off the wagon.

Lucky cat that's fab that you've recognised that link and have been able to suppress it!

Im looking forward to summer but mainly because my main goal is for august time. Normally i dont like summer as ive never liked sleeveless things due to the bingo wings lol! hopefully they will be smaller this year

Lucky cat that's fab that you've recognised that link and have been able to suppress it!

Im looking forward to summer but mainly because my main goal is for august time. Normally i dont like summer as ive never liked sleeveless things due to the bingo wings lol! hopefully they will be smaller this year

Thanks Ria. Yeah, it's a good thing that I now know that that's at least partly behind my tendency to eat far too much. It's the first time I've ever realised it.

God, I hate my bingo wings. My 13 year old son takes great delight in ribbing me about them. I used to always wear sleeveless tops and vests when I was slimmer but I think those days are behind me now and I'll have to keep on with the short sleeves/cover ups.

i think ive been more conscious about my bingo wings over the years than my belly/bum

Thanks chappyh - I do look and feel better than last summer, and I'm really not miserable about myself all the time. I think all the clothes shopping I've been doing lately has been getting to be (I've bought nothing so far!

Most of the time I just talk myself into thinking I don't look bad, and that keeps me happy (I must sound crazy here hehehe)

Lucky cat, that's amazing that you've been thinking of the biscuits but still not eaten them - it just goes to show how strong you are and how determined you've become. I've heard a lot people make the connection between depression and overeating - that is such a break through for you that hopefully things will become easier now.

I don't have such big bingo wings, well I don't think so anyway! My weight is all on my tummy....its awful...and as I'm losing, I lose it all off my boobs and I don't have much there to lose! Still the inches are coming off and that's what matters.

I'm looking forward to wearing summer clothes, it's been far too long and it's given me even more motivation and determination to keep going......I know I'm not there, yet, but I look sooo much better than this time last year that shorts and dresses etc will have to come out. Can't wait.

Keep losing and keep motivated.
xx

a bit of both, as i know i should be lighter by the time summer is here, lighter than last year anyway.
but i wont reach my target for another while, but hey there is next summer, and a nice dress for xmas.

a bit of both, as i know i should be lighter by the time summer is here, lighter than last year anyway.
but i wont reach my target for another while, but hey there is next summer, and a nice dress for xmas.

Thats the spirit, better than last year, and even better for next year...keep thinking like that and you'll be there in no time at all.

Good luck and keep losing
xx

Back