Sun Holidays

TattooedMammy

We've applied and sent off cheque etc, the deadline is Friday so keeping everything crossed! Has anyone else applied? Or been before? Would you recommend? :)

Yes we've been on the sun holidays before & love it.

The first time was a little scary, we're not used to mobile home holidays:rolleyes:

Our first holiday was four nights in Italy then we went to France for 7 nights.

Our second was last year & me & OH went to Barcelona it was brilliant. So yes I'd recommend the Sun holidays. We've not had one this year but next year we are hoping to go on another, don't know where yet:D

thanks for replying! how long after applying (by post) did you hear anything back?

thanks for replying! how long after applying (by post) did you hear anything back?

I can't remember; but we applied for 7 nights in wherever, but that was booked up so they sent us a list of places which were free & we chose from there and we decided to go to France as it was easy to get to & travel around.

I also remember the shock at finding out I'd booked us (four adults) 4 nights in a tent in Italy:eek: Even though I wouldn't go in a tent again (not for me) we had a lovely time, the park was clean & lots of facilities and we all had a brilliant time. After our time in Italy we travelled by train to our mobile home in France.

My ex used to apply for these all the time - went on a couple (Filey, Port Seaton nr Edinburgh, Isle of Whithorn in Scotland etc.)

All caravans - eventually we purchased our own static caravan as often we would not quite get what we wanted or where and when.

For the price they were cracking value - it actually cost more for a round of drinks for two adults and two kids than it did for the holiday lol.

We have been on lots and have never had any problems :)
Do you know where and when you are going yet? Enjoy where ever you go :)

Awww thank you, that's lovely of you :)

We've applied for Cornwall for a Mon-Fri same park and dates as our friends, if we dont get that then any Fri-Mon in North Wales :)

I used to work as a Redcoat at Butlins and a Bluecoat at Pontins and we HATED these breaks with a passion. There was always moaning and complaining and troublemakers. Obviously it wasn't everyone but if there was ever going to be a nightmare week, it was the "Sun" weeks.

That said, it WAS Butlins and Pontins and there is ALWAYS something to complain about! ;)

I used to work as a Redcoat at Butlins and a Bluecoat at Pontins and we HATED these breaks with a passion. There was always moaning and complaining and troublemakers. Obviously it wasn't everyone but if there was ever going to be a nightmare week, it was the "Sun" weeks.

That said, it WAS Butlins and Pontins and there is ALWAYS something to complain about! ;)

That was proabably me complaining;)

Before I booked our Sun holidays OH said the park would be full of 'dross'; but honestly the parks we went to were full of lovely people from all over Europe.

When we went to Barcelona on our first day another holiday maker was leaving & gave us all their fresh food, water, etc, much appreciated.:D

I must admit, I did come across some of what you call "dross" - The worst one was in Port Seaton nr Edinburgh. Some nutter burst through security - pursued by police and drove his stolen car wrecklessly around the site doing wheelspins and donuts etc. setting people scattering in all directions and kids screaming!

I found it fascinating - a bit like the old Sweeney TV show. The other half was mortified and the kids were intrigued.

I swear one old lady actually looked up from her knitting:p

I know isolated incidents like that can happen anywhere.

i used to work behind the bar (and live onsite) at Pontins Prestatyn :)

no word yet...:(

i cant wait til we can book online, i am not patient when it comes to exciting things i want to know NOW! Actually, i want to go NOW! but i cant so i would just settle for knowing lol!

I've been on quite a few and it is really handy to be able to book online and choose there and then.

Hope you hear soon.

We have one booked for Sept.

Irene xx

Back