super free meals

lots of veggie soup :)

I did horrid over Christmas despite only having one full day off and one meal out! I got weighed on Friday, cried and then went n ate loads Friday and Saturday. Started back properly on Sunday and I'm feeling so positive this time, I am determined to loose most of my weight before next Christmas!

Hope you get back on with it ok!

Becca xx

Just seen this on another thread and thought you might like to see it!Thanks for the recipe, here is my version.....

Super Speed Soup

Ingredients
1 can mixed bean salad
1 400g can of chopped tomatoes
1 stick of celery, chopped small
1 large leek, chopped small
1 large onion, chopped small
1 large carrot, chopped small
1 green or red pepper, chopped small
1 chilli, chopped small
750 mL of beef stock
Mixed herbs

Method

Using a large pot, spray with Fry Light, add chopped celery, onion, leeks, carrots, peppers and chilli and cool until soft.
When soft add the stock, chopped tomatoes, beans and herbs.

Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 mins, remove from the heat and using a hand liquidizer reduce to a smooth constituency, or if you like it lumpy leave alone!

Becca xx

Soup all the way - apparently the reason that it keeps you full for longer is that your body has to work longer to sort the nutrients out and process them (as everything is whizzed up). Added bonus I suppose!

Just seen this on another thread and thought you might like to see it!Thanks for the recipe, here is my version.....

Super Speed Soup

Ingredients
1 can mixed bean salad
1 400g can of chopped tomatoes
1 stick of celery, chopped small
1 large leek, chopped small
1 large onion, chopped small
1 large carrot, chopped small
1 green or red pepper, chopped small
1 chilli, chopped small
750 mL of beef stock
Mixed herbs

Method

Using a large pot, spray with Fry Light, add chopped celery, onion, leeks, carrots, peppers and chilli and cool until soft.
When soft add the stock, chopped tomatoes, beans and herbs.

Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 mins, remove from the heat and using a hand liquidizer reduce to a smooth constituency, or if you like it lumpy leave alone!

Becca xx
Sounds yummy becca will give this a try sometime. Mine consists of steeped bigga peas, leeks, carrots handful of dried soup mixtue onions peppers and stock pots i used chicken and veg. I have it for dinner today and after trying last night tastes gorgeous. So good luck to you all this week guys
xxx

This is the recipe I use.

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/135012-super-speed-soup.html

I blend it all up to a thick paste and have it as a soup or sometimes for a more substantial meal, I have it with pasta. If it's too thick I add some passata to thin it out a bit and last night I even added some extra mushrooms and also sprinkled with a Healthy A of Cheese.

Last edited:
I have tried to like it but no joy!

I've made this a good few times but I really don't like it!! :sigh: Soup is not a favourite of mine at all.

I need inspiration to make lunchtimes more interesting! Any suggestions?

hels angel i cant get the link to work, can i have ur recipe pls???
Wanda have you tried sw quiche really easy and nice hot or cold
x

Sorry, don't know why it didn't work. I made it out to be just over a fiver to make if you use value everything and let's face it, it's all getting mushed up anyway so it doesn't matter!

Made 5 very large portions but would easily stretch to more if you wanted it thinner.

can mixed bean salad
can green lentils
2 cans chopped tomatoes
can baked beans
handful of split lentils
2 large leeks
large onion
4 medium carrots
2 parsnips
1 green 1 red and 1 yellow pepper
2 ham stock cubes
salt and pepper
mixed herbs
water to cover ingredients

chop and put all veg in pan and everything else cover and bring to boil simmer until soft

In fact, there are varying receipes for this. I only use 1 pepper, not three and a don't use the split lentils and I also use any flavour of stock I have in at the time.

Gonna make this next week for my lunch. I plan on using a flask everyday to take just enough but how would I store the rest. Baring in mind I'll have to heat it each day and transfer to the same flask. Thanks

Hi Wanda.

Take a look at this....

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/248313-one-week-challenge.html

with it I lost 3.5lbs last week!:family2::family2:

Back