Superfree Banana Ice Cream x

spottydoris

Determined to succeed!
Just found this - yum yum yum!

How To Make Creamy Ice Cream with Just One Ingredient! | The Kitchn

Yep... creamy, soft-serve style ice cream with just one superfree ingredient — and no ice cream maker needed!

What is this one magic ingredient that can be whipped into perfectly rich and silky ice cream, with no additional dairy, sweeteners, or ingredients needed whatsoever?

If you guessed BANANA, congratulations! You're right!

What? You didn't know that bananas can make some of the best ice cream? Well, I didn't either until last week, when my sister called me up and mentioned that she's been freezing bananas and then pureeing them into ice cream.

"That's the sort of thing you discover," she sighed, "when all your friends are vegan, gluten-free, dairy-allergic, and you're on a sugar-free diet." I'd deal with a list of dietary restrictions twice as long, though, if it meant discovering more treats like this one.

It turns out that frozen bananas are good for more than just dipping in chocolate. If you freeze a banana until solid, then whiz it up in a blender or food processor, it gets creamy and a little gooey, just like good custard ice cream. I was surprised at this bit of kitchen wizardry; I assumed that a blended banana would be flaky or icy. But no — it makes creamy, rich ice cream.

Some bananas, depending on their ripeness, have a bit of that green aftertaste. My sister has been experimenting with adding in another ingredient or two, like a tablespoon of peanut butter and another of honey. Delicious!

Have you ever tried frozen-banana ice cream? Try it! It's an easy way to stay cool and use up over-ripe bananas at the same time.

xx

Even 'after' it's frozen? Trying to convince myself that it's as it was when frozen, like cryogenic stuff hehe. Lol x

Pete’s Banana Ice-Cream

Ingredients

Ripe bananas (5 syn per 100g)
Milk from your daily allowance
*optional
*Strawberries (ss)(sff)
*Raspberries (ss)(sff)
*11g Options chocolate
1-2tbsp sweetener
1tsp vanilla essence

Method

Slice the ripe bananas into 8-10mm slices and place in a freezer-proof sealable tub and freeze for at least 4hrs preferable for 24 hours.

Remove from the freezer, using a hand blender, pulse the mixture to break up the ice crystals until the lumps turn to a smooth constituency, add the vanilla essence, add sweetener as required, depending on how ripe the bananas are. Add a small amount of milk to help it turn into a smooth mix. Return to the freezer for 1hour, repeat the above action until the mix has frozen and looks & feels like ice cream.
Mine was removed and mixed at least 4 times. But I couldn’t wait and this picture was taken after 3 mixes!

Add any fruit for flavouring or add option packet of Belgium chocolate.

Banana Ice Cream (Small).JPG

Pete’s Knickerbocker Glory

Serves 4

Ingredients

5 ripe Banana’s (5 syn per 100g)
1Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 bag of mixed summer fruits (ss)(sff)
Sweetener

Extras

*1 Can low fat spray cream (1tbsp=1syn) (Co-op Squirty Cream)
*1 11g pack of Options (3 syn/4=0.75 syn each)
*4 Marshmallows (1 syn each)
* 5g Mixed Nuts (1.5 syn)
Method

Peal the banana’s and cut into 30mm pieces, place in a freezer-proof plastic sealable box and place in a freezer, remove after 1 hour and pulp the bananas with a hand blender, then return to the freezer for another 1 hr.

Remove and beat the mixture, taste and add the vanilla extract and sweetener to taste if required return to the freezer.

Continue until the mixture appears like soft Ice-cream, it can be used as this or return until the mixture is frozen, when ready remove from the freezer.

Prepare the glass dish and layer the base with fruit, add a layer of ice-cream, continue until full, finishing with the ice-cream, finish with the liquid from the fruit tipped over the ice-cream.

Banana-2 (Small).JPGBanana-3 (Small).JPGBanana-5 (Small).JPGBanana-6 (Small).JPG

Back