Superfree problem

I'm not that keen on many vegetables so struggle with my superfree.. I have been doing it but by eating stuff I don't really like!! Is it ok to have fruit after my meal instead? I love fruit!!..
Thanks

The 1/3 superfree is to stop you eating as much free food during your meal, naturally limiting carbs/meat and therefor calories. Eating fruit afterwards wouldnt help with this, although some people do it. If you insist, eat it before the meal not after.

I don't really like veg either, so i do green/red, where although it is encouraged, its not as big a thing as youre already limiting carbs or meat, hope that helps.

I understand I struggle with veg too, but I've kind of tried to take on the view that it's just fuel for my body. I'm definitely getting more accepting of veg! I also use flavourings for veg, makes it much more bearable :)

Veg are good for your skin and hair and also provide you with vitamins and other supplements. It is best to start introducing veg in to you plan bit by bit and gradually you get used to it. Try different veg and see whichones you prefer and incorporate in your plan. Good luck.

What sort of stuff do you like to eat? You usually incorporate veg into your meal, you dont have to eat plain old boring veg-on-the-side version of carrots and broccoli with your meat or whatever.

If you like curry use tinned tomatoes, onions, garlic & ginger to make the base then chuck your meat (or other veg) in. Same with chillies or whatever. You can make tons of casseroles, stews, soups or anything you like with veg in - if you dont like them as lumps just whizz them in the processor and they disappear ;) Or try this cauliflower superfree base idea.

Tell us what stuff you like to eat and we can probably get some veggies in there for you :)

Try making bubble n squeak with curry in, masking the carrots sprouts cabbage whatever,it's lovely! Or plan meals in sauces and eat veg that way. If you're just sticking veg in a third of your plate it's going to be hard to enjoy it,if you hate it. Also, google and read up on the health benefits of veg, it may help you come to terms with the fact your body needs it to aid of diseases etc and keep a healthy heart :)

Attachments

• image-2045876902.jpg
    image-2045876902.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 87
Ermintrude, thanks for bringing the cauliflower curry sauce to my attention, sounds tasty. I'm definitely going to try that tomorrow :)

Thanks all.. I do put veg in chilli and casseroles and made soup the other day too.. I'm doing Sunday dinner today and will be having loads of broccoli!!! And made the syn free onion gravy.. .i do love pickled onions and beetroot so sometimes my meals look a little odd !! Will keep trying.. I've been like that with veg since I was a child though..

you could always do red or green days- i hear that the 1/3 superfree isnt emphasised on those days

Back