Surprise Wedding

LizDesigns

Silver Member
Arrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhh. My sister just announced that the so called Christening that she was having for her new baby on the 5th July is actually a wedding. She wanted to surprise us all!!!
I was struggling to find a dress just for the Christening, now i'm going to have to rethink everything. Not only that, but what size should I buy? I'm currently an 18, do I do a bit of wishful thinking and get a 16? Do I buy now or wait till nearer the time to get a better idea of what size i'll be? But then I might have left it too late and not be able to find anything.
Decisions, decisions. I'm now just wishing i'd started this diet a month earlier as at this rate i'll still be the fattest person there.
I really wanted to be slim the next time there was a big family gathering.
How inconsiderate of her, lol.

ohhh liz how exciting for her and stressful for you!! God i dunno what you could do maybe have a look round the shops see whats out there, try on 18 and 16 see how they fit and if you think a 16 will fit you by then or you could just leave it until nearer the time or you could get 2 outfits from and keep them then return which ever one doesnt fit after the wedding

waht a massive achievement already, your weight loss is fabulous!
Monsoon are great !!!

I've been looking on the monsoon website but their dress sizes look quite small.
I can't believe how stressed I am about it all. She's so calm and has absolutely everything organised. My mum and other sister knew about this a week ago so they've already bought their outfits, plus they're not dieting so it makes it so much easier.
It doesn't help that noone knows i'm doing CD either.
If anyone else has a similar experience and can offer advice, it would be greatly received.
Becky, i'm thinking I might just have to get the same dress in both sizes, so at least I can get all of the accesories, shoes etc bought.

ohh yeah sorry i never thought off that. God last wedding i was at had me stressed to the eyeballs. could not find anything to wear omg nightmare good luck liz hope you get sorted :)

Wow exciting news but i know i'd be panicking just like you.

Monsoon is great by the way - i wore one of their dresses in a size 22 to a wedding last september when everywhere else i'd have been more like a 24/26 so i reckon their sizing is quite generous.

If i weere you i'd have a look round now, see if there's anything catches your eye, maybe try a couple of sizes on, then purchase a couple of weeks before the wedding?

Thanks for the advice Karen. I think the scariest thing is that for the last few years i've purchased all my clothes from ebay because I hate shopping, buying bigger sizes, changing rooms etc etc. But for something like this I really am going to have to blitz the shops and try alot of dresses on. I'm just worried that i'll get myself all depressed because although i've lost weight i'm still fat.
I can't wait until the day when clothes shopping is a pleasure again.

Know exactly how you feel on that front (((hugs))) but i'm sure you'll get a pleasant surprise this shopping trip x

Liz I'd say you will defo be down a size in the 5 to 6 weeks :) you'll be looking faberoonie

Awww thanks Hedge.
Been into town today, tried on alot of size 18 dresses but all too big on the boobs but just right on hips.
Hopefully that means I will be into a 16 by then. Only problem is that I can't really start looking for one until I am into a 16.
At least I got a gorgeous wee dress for Ella and kilt sorted for OH.
Still can't get my head around there being a wedding in 6 weeks, which none of us knew anything about.:)

Go to a posh place like perth or st andrews and check the charity shops, you get loads of quality stuff for a fraction of the cost so it wont break the bank especially as it will soon be too big for you! Good luck.

Back