Surprising or shocking pro-point finds....

QUESTION

If you're having minced beef, NOT lean or extra lean, but drain it 2 r 3 times during cooking and wash off excess grease with boiling water after cooking... Wud u still point it as being full fat mince beef???

ie.. If I have 140g Minced Beef its 8pp.. That's straight from the pack..
BUT.. If I drain off all excess fat and grease, do I still take it as being 8pp??

I'm thinking yes, as its still the same amount of meat.. but then i'm arguing with myself that I'm throwing out some cals/fat which is reduce its calories... Duno what to do for the best..

I can hear Imelda (WW leader) in my head saying over pointing can be as bad as over eating.. I have the PP's to cover it and counting the full 8 for the mince plus everything I've eaten still only brings me to a daily total of 25 so its not an issue of tryna save points.. Its more whats right... :confused::confused::confused:

If you're having minced beef, NOT lean or extra lean, but drain it 2 r 3 times during cooking and wash off excess grease with boiling water after cooking... Wud u still point it as being full fat mince beef???

ie.. If I have 140g Minced Beef its 8pp.. That's straight from the pack..
BUT.. If I drain off all excess fat and grease, do I still take it as being 8pp??

I'm thinking yes, as its still the same amount of meat.. but then i'm arguing with myself that I'm throwing out some cals/fat which is reduce its calories... Duno what to do for the best..

I can hear Imelda (WW leader) in my head saying over pointing can be as bad as over eating.. I have the PP's to cover it and counting the full 8 for the mince plus everything I've eaten still only brings me to a daily total of 25 so its not an issue of tryna save points.. Its more whats right... :confused::confused::confused:

Interesting question, ahhhhmmm think I'd prob still count it as 8. But I have a fear of under pointing lol

Absolutely no help there sorry:eek:

Ha ha Laura.. Ur as bad as me.. lol..
So I took the full 8pp's giving me a daily total of 27pp's used.. So.. Even if it shud be 1 r 2 less I'll hav reached my 26 dailies.. and if not i'm under my allowance of 29 (as i'm not an online member or class member i'v no way of checking if I should reduce my dailies :( )But either way I've not exceeded 29 so its all good.. ha ha

Thanks Nikki.. Does make sense when you think about.. Clearly if yer draining and rinsing away the fat its going to reduce the calories... I just didn't want to underpoint it, as much as I wouldn't have wanted to overpoint..
I boiled it (they were mince meatballs which is why they weren't lean mince), then drained all that water, put them in a strainer and poured a kettle of boiling over them again to wash off all excess grease.. Am sure it will have reduced the PP value but left it as it as per the pack.. Will hav only reduced it by 1 r 2 anyway so i'm covered..

And yes.. I am a bit OCD when it comes to the grease on mince ha ha ha

Dubchick81 said:
Thanks Nikki.. Does make sense when you think about.. Clearly if yer draining and rinsing away the fat its going to reduce the calories... I just didn't want to underpoint it, as much as I wouldn't have wanted to overpoint..
I boiled it (they were mince meatballs which is why they weren't lean mince), then drained all that water, put them in a strainer and poured a kettle of boiling over them again to wash off all excess grease.. Am sure it will have reduced the PP value but left it as it as per the pack.. Will hav only reduced it by 1 r 2 anyway so i'm covered..

And yes.. I am a bit OCD when it comes to the grease on mince ha ha ha

Id say its less since u took away fat.. Same wit other meat x

New sandwiches in work. Freshway chilli chick wrap is 7 nt bad! X

oops made a mistake !!

I bought a Tesco chilli chicken noodle salad with a lime and chilli dressing today (found in the sandwich chiller). 4PP! Couldn't believe it, had to check it three times!

Mammacass24 said:
I bought a Tesco chilli chicken noodle salad with a lime and chilli dressing today (found in the sandwich chiller). 4PP! Couldn't believe it, had to check it three times!

Mmmmm that sounds lovely:)

xxx

Just got a dolmio pastavita pot for t microwave. Has a tomato n basil sauce n done in 90 secs. Amazing and 8pp x

Amigurumi said:
I bought a packet of thick apple and cranberry sausages. The were the gourmet type ones that usually have better quality meat in them and less fat. I was going to point them 3 each and have three with dinner as a treat.... 27pp for 5 sausages!! Unreal! And they have big chunks of fruit in them.

Thats crazy!

Back