Surprising or shocking pro-point finds....

Shirataki noodles are HIGHLY recommended! Bit pricey but for 1pp I'm not complaining!

They come in liquid so you drain and rinse them, then cook them- either boil or stir fry them, I've got hoi sin sauce and some chicken breast with mine.

They take the flavour of whatever you put them with and have no taste whatsoever so either chinese or pasta dishes would be fine. I think I might try a more "naughty" cheesy sauce with the next lot I buy!

Sounds like I need to go looking for those Shirataki noodles ;)
I just love noodles.

Mainly online I think... they probably sell them in Asian supermarkets too, but none I've been to. Not the cheapest in the world like I said but I think they're probably worth it if you're like me and a teeny tiny portion of the regular stuff just won't cut it!

Im gonna have to order them lol i had a packet of supernoodles the other day and was 14 pp for the pack shocking lol!!! x

Lol i used to have 2 packs!!! haha thats nearly my dailypoints gone x

ASDA steak & onion pastry slices = 9pp (just like a Greggs pasty)

I've managed to find those shirataki noodles in another asian shop by me, and they cost 85p!! At least I presume they're the same thing, I have nothing in to cook them with to make sure but the nutritional info indicates that they are!

So if they are the real deal would anyone be interested in me buying some for them? I'm not after a profit or anything so would charge the cost of the packs and postage and no more but thought it would probably be cheaper for everyone than ordering from websites... if interested let me know! (and sorry if that's not allowed on here...)

Just so you know m & s chinese style fine egg noodles are easier to find and are only 2pp per quarter pack

Dreamings if they are the real deal and for the same points and everything I'd be very interested!!! Leg me know xxxx

BK Hot Blondie 12pp!! Wasn't even melted :( was dissappointed as anything x

Just spent ages looking through this thread - u lot are lifesavers for a newbie! Thank you so much for the ideas! x

Dreamings if they are the real deal and for the same points and everything I'd be very interested!!! Leg me know xxxx

They are indeed the same as the others I bought... and even better news, I put the NI into my calculator and the whole pack is 0pp! (3.6g carbs, 3.6g fibre, no protein, no fat in 100g, pack is 170g)

Just eating them now with carbonara sauce and it's just like having spaghetti except the noodles don't break in your mouth quite as easily.

So if you or anyone else wants some the costs would be:
85p per pack
and £2.16 postage 2nd class (if I can't get them through large letter which I think I could, but will check beforehand- if I do get them large letter the postage 2nd class would be £1.23)

Paypal preferred but could do cheques/bank transfer if you like

I can probably get to that shop once a week on a Saturday (but can go tomorrow as it's half term at the min) just so everyone's aware. Also please bear in mind that I'm relying on a shop's stock!

Just send a PM with your info if you want me to get you some :)

Pretty much... they taste of absolutely nothing so they can replace noodles in chinese food, or pasta... or even rice if you cut them up I guess! Don't get me wrong, you can tell it's not pasta (I do love pasta) but they're absolutely fine!

Back