Survived another outing.....

CoCoMo

---to IKEA! Normally I get one (or all) of gravadlax, kotbullar, piece of cake or a pastry or a cheeky hotdog on the way out, but today, I made do with my free coffee and managed to get round without missing out too much. I did however manage to spend money I don't really have on stuff I don't really need, but that happens every time I go there. Which is like twice a month.:D Ikea is way more enjoyable with the food, but I did it anyway. Now to burn off some calories whilst assembling my new chest of drawers. :rolleyes:

Oh wow well done Hun, I'm not that strong lol. I usually get the meatballs and dime cake - everytime. I'm off work next week and my mum wants to go to Ikea, I hope I can be strong enough to walk past. I might be okay so long as mum doesn't want anything either..

Lol well done you! isnt it strange how we associate going places with food? well i certainly do. i really miss going out for lunch :(, buying sweets in cinema and having tea and cake in marks and spencers lol xx

I know what you mean! I went to the cinema last week, and I really missed my Nandos :sigh: Also, the bloody couple behind me were nomming on nachos - I was so relieved when they'd finished. It's true though - I strongly associate certain social things with food. But, I am trying to break the cycle.
Surfhunny - you will be fine in Ikea! Go and buy some wardrobes for your new skinny clothes - that was my excuse! :D

I am hoping this sunday to post the same sort of thread as i have an engagement party to go to, well done for resisting the fab ikea hotdogs though x

Thank you! And I am sure you will do just fine. Maybe we should have an Ikea Survivors group hahaha:D
It is naughty of them to put the hotdog bit just as you leave the shop. When you have to stand at the checkout sniffing them for 10 minutes. And they are so cheap! Naughty Ikea :mad::D

Thats definitely something I've noticed about this diet, how much I'd associate things I do with food. The cinema is a perfect example, I nearly didn't go to the cinema because I couldn't eat which was stupid because you don't need to get snacks. Still enjoyed the film just as much without eating, and my friend didn't get any snacks either so it would be easier lol. I've yet to manage a night out in town yet though, I'll think I'll wait a couple of weeks before I try going out just incase.

Yeah, the pub is a challenge. I am normally there 5 nights a week - I usually dont have a drink because I drive, but it's the not being able to have a drink that makes you want one!

Aww I think taking the car is a good idea actually, I know I wont be able to drink then.... Will be weird though actually remembering a night out!

Back