Extra Easy Surviving a BBQ... Any advice?

Caz

Repeat Offender
At my OH's parents for a BBQ. Any advice on how to get through it and what to have or not have?

Can you take some things that you know you can have? I know you can't really have sausages and burgers but you could make sure there's some chicken(maybe spice it up a little),salmon,steak,jacket potatoes,cook some savory rice,prawn and veg skewers,salad,corn on the cob and maybe some eggs.
i'm having a BBQ today and all of these will be at mine. Hope that helps a little and you enjoy your day x

I've got a BBQ tomorrow and I'm making home made burgers - everyone always loves them!! I'm sure your OHs parents will appreciate any contribution so why not make up some kebab sticks with chunks of meat and superfree veg?!

Yes, I also make my extra-lean meat burgers for BBQ's. If you think they might turn out too dry, just add an egg to the mix.
I also marinate chicken breast fillets in a tiny bit of stock (literally drizzled on) and a lot of herbs and spices - really yummy and free on Red and EE.
To accompany the meats I prepare my own tzatziki and chili sauce - also syn free. I am sure your inlaws won't mind you bringing your own food. xx Enjoy the BBQ

I would take a few bits with me also. . Although bbq food can be very sw friendly! !

Wholemeal rolls (hexb)
Big salad with sweetcorn, radishes, nice tomatoes
Your preferences of sausages & burgers. . I would take quorn ones spiced up with seasoning for a nice loaded hot dog!
Extra light mayo for the table

Enjoy :)

I've bought some chicken and veg to make kebabs, reduced fat sausages, lean mince to make burgers and a load of salad stuff. Hopefully be ok!

I went to a BBQ last night which wasnt SW friendly but I think I managed to stay on plan - filled my plate up with salad, chicken potatoes etc, avoided bread and burgers and treated myself to one sausage! It is possible :)

I'm off to a BBQ now. I've made a massive pasta, tuna salad with loads of veg & low fat thousand island dressing. The hardest bit for me will be the alcohol!

I had a BBQ and just made a big bowl of salad, took my own beetroot and extra light mayonnaise! I'd have some skewered prawns, homemade burgers and lots of chicken on a plate, NO bread just lots of salad instead! :)

The SW app is really handy too.. in Asda etc they have a BBQ range (frozen) and you can quickly check the syns, I bought some bits from there if you don't want to make your own burgers etc!

We had a bbq today. We had home made lean burgers, steak, low fat sausages, sw wedges & lots of salad. We also made chicken skewers with the sw sticky chicken recipe. They were so nice!

Hi,
I'm new to slimming world and with this lovely weather was dreading a BBQ! I was pleasantly surprised to see my local butcher sell two types of syn free sausages (he calls the sin free) basically made with extra lean meat. Garlic or chilli. I went for garlic and my mum had some naughty fatty variety, she tried a slice if mine and preferred it! If anyone lives in the Weymouth area go the the fantastic sausage factory - they are amazing!

Hi,
I'm new to slimming world and with this lovely weather was dreading a BBQ! I was pleasantly surprised to see my local butcher sell two types of syn free sausages (he calls the sin free) basically made with extra lean meat. Garlic or chilli. I went for garlic and my mum had some naughty fatty variety, she tried a slice if mine and preferred it! If anyone lives in the Weymouth area go the the fantastic sausage factory - they are amazing!

Just a word of warning, if he's calling them "sin" free not syn, slimming world probably don't guarantee them to actually be free (in fact, even if he's calling them syn free and displaying slimming world banners, they're probably not). Still a better option than ordinary sausages, but just beware. My consultant regularly reminds us of that :p

S42.jpg
Som_June.jpg
Club10.jpg
FitBronze.jpg

I love a good BBQ. I had one yesterday and my entire family came. I made lots of Syn Free Chicken Skewers with Onion and Cherry Tomatoes. They went down a storm with some salad on the side. :D

Having my BBQ today and can't wait. I've made home made plain and chilli burgers, chicken with hot sauce and some with BBQ sauce, potato salad (kept mine separate with just one syn worth of mayo) and a big bowl of salad. I will steer clear of the sausages that are being provided by one of my guests and have my hexb as a wm roll with a burger!

All my syns (bar the one i have already used) will go on pimms today lol

Hard to avoid when it's your OH's parents where you're staying :( lol

Offer to make some dishes? Salads/jackets etc then use syns for meaty stuff if needed. Correct mr if I'm wrong but the worst thing for syns at a BBQ would be rolls and full fat mayo in salads?

Back