Susie's 2022 campaign

Morning all - up with the sparrows for a change, so the laundry is all done, a few other chores done, about to list something on eBay, have a shower, get my Asda delivery and batch cook! Phew...

An SW group member says she has a foolproof "make meatballs taste nice" approach by adding grated fresh beetroot - she says it creates a lovely taste and make the balls nice and moist, so will try that next time!

Food is all over the place today - pasta for breakfast to make extra space in the freezer!

Thats a new one on me. I find the thing with meatballs is if you lose the fat you lose rhe flavour. Will bw interesting to see how the beetroot goes

Don't need to be a fortune teller to know that my WI tomorrow is going to be disastrous, after a massive and very stupid 'sampling' of Go Ahead and other low cal treats delvered in my shopping today.

Really overdid it...ah well, feel stuffed full and maybe won't have dinner as a last ditch aid!

Woohoo despite the foodfest continuing on until late, by some utter miracle my WI this morning showed I'm a pound down, so that's half a stone lost in total. Just shows you how bonkers and illogical this weight loss thing is at times!

B - seeded rolls with Marmite and cheese, plus coffee
L - meatballs with extra veg
D - pork and apple casserole
S - a few cookies etc

Have a good one, all!

Last edited:
Morning all

Busy morning sorting out some last copywriting work and sending the invoice, will be some welcome £ into the coffers. Priced up my new kitchen and it's going to be about £2500-3000 all up, including a new F/F and all the labour - but will be worth it to use the small space much more efficiently. My fab builder should be able to start in a couple of weeks, so it's going to be chaos here. I thought I'd order in some SW meals so I can just pop them in the microwave, and batch cook/freeze eggy bakes, omelettes and so on.

Foodwise, trying to keep syns low for the next few days!

B - meatball stew (needs using up!)
L - Birds Eye Med fish fillets with tomato and basil sauce, with an iceberg lettuce salad (1)
D - more meatballs, I think - with some HEA cheese on top!
S - yogurt with Sweet Freedom choc mint sauce (2), clems, apples

Have a good one!

Afternoon all - a nice relaxed start to the day today, with a pact with myself to keep syns really low until after WI - after a horrible 4lb gain, whiuch I know is completely from going way over syn levels for the last few days.

B - coffee
L - pork and apple casserole (1.5 for oil)
D - bacon, mixed salad, HEA feta with yogurt dressing (1)
S - Ryvita rye for my HEB, with Sweet Freedom (2), apples, clems

Nice sunny day again, so good to see it brightening up here at last.

Morning all - a lovely day here today. Up early for an Ikea delivery, because the new kitchen is shortly going to be underway woohoo! The Ikea guy said they'd never been so busy lol.

Just one pound down for official WI, but I'm really happy with that, considering the weekend jump. Pact for this week is to drink more water, and try and get some exercise in.

B - toast with HEA cheese and Marmite
L - pork rissoles with beetroot in them, see if that works to keep them moist and give them some taste (a group member says it does) with a green salad and SW chips
D - beef meatball bake with feta (from the Passionn for Pasta book - 1.5 syns)
S - HiFis, apples, clems - total syns about 10 I think

Afternoon all

Really pleased with food yesterday, in olden days i would have gone mad on WI evening and eaten a load of rubbish, but stuck to plan yesterday! Went over syns a bit but not excessively so. Made the pork but as large meatballs and they were OK, still a little dry, I wonder if something like marinated red peppers mushed up and mixed in might be nice, will give it a try and report back.

Didn't do the feta bake, will try that tonight if i get time, busy day today.

B - coffee
L - leftover meatballs and salad
D - feta bake

Have a good one x

Evening all - a really good food day and a major scale victory!

The house is chaos, with the lounge now in the 2nd bedroom (it's tiny so a friend decided I should call it the snug haha). I don't cope all that well with chaos these days, it unsettles me a bit, and I had nothing to eat all day - so I reverted to old thinking and thought I'd just order fish and chips, think what the hell, and ignore the million syns.

But no, instead I found a pack of Asda light and lean sossies (1/2 syn each) in the fridge and had three of those with steamed spinach and sugar snaps, and with Skinny smoky BBQ sauce over it - total syns 3. Woohoo!!! And it was lovely - and there's enough for tomorrow too! Well pleased with myself.

Otherwise, it's all about getting the house into some sort of order - but I love all the space I now seem to have in what was the living room, and is now the kitchen diner. My dresser is up and about to get all my glass jars all over it, and I'll have a table to eat off finally!

New kitchen starts going in on the 10th so will now have plenty of space for kitchen stuff to go in the diner and not be tripping over everything.

Afternoon all

Sun's out but it's blowing a gale here so not going out...concentrating on getting inside sorted for now.

Ended up on 16 syns yesterday (I've been given 20), had a late bacon and cheese toastie but realised this morning it was covered by my HEA/HEBs, so happy about that.

Up late, so nothing yet, just coffee.
L - batched chicken and veg casserole
D - batched pork, apple and cabbage casserole
S - fruit - maybe my HEA/Bs

Afternoon all

A lovely sleep in because an appointment was cancelled, yaye, so no B - and just as well, my syns ended up being 49 after I inhaled a box of HiFis! Every time I buy them I tell myself to be careful, and every time I'm not careful. So oncev this lot has gone, NO MORE!

Nearly 3pm and just having l/o pork meatballs and veg.
D - not sure really, might just be baked beans and air fried potato chunks, with bacon and spinach.

Have a good one.

I think many of us can relate to foods if in the house they keep calling to to you . You think just one more by the time you know you have scoffed the lot had umpteen syns in the process. Crisps are my downfall. All we can do is not beat ourselves up about it . But brush ourselves off go forwards onwards and downwards. I have to plan daily else I can spend my syns so easily without thinking. But I record my daily syns that way I keep myself in check and leave enough syns left over for some treat at the end of the day.

Yeah it was silly, but I knew - as I eyed up the box - that I was going to eat the lot :classic_roll_eyes: .

Not to worry, having a lovely dinner - mince, kale, baked beans, smashed potato, basil, low fat mayo, HEA cheese - all done in the microwave, full of speed and only 1/2 syn and 1/2 HEA cheese per serve. Just what I need for this cold and rainy evening!

Lunch sounds nice well minus mayo lol I dislike this. Lots of speed. I made a soup today great for a chilly day plus great opportunity to put lots of speed veg in.

I couldn't have them in the house when I did SW! Same with WW bars.

Morning Susie, sounds like lots going on in your house this week.

Afternoon all

Yep had a busy couple of days. Food has been on plan, snacks not so much! Goodness know what WI will throw up tomorrow, be very lucky to get an STS, I think. Today -

B - coffee
L - l/o pork and apple casserole with cabbage and veans, apple, Skinny orange bar (yum, 5 syns)
D - chicken goujons with smashed potato, bacon bits, HEA cheese and basil, and steam green veg
S - Another apple, Solero (5), HEA cheese and HEB rye cakes, Skinny bars x2 = 20 total

Such a lovely day today, can't believe we're due some snow!

Back