Susie's 2022 campaign

Ahh ladies what on earth made me think I could eat half a pizza...so syns have been blown out of the water today, and who knows if I'll lose at all on Wednesday.

Not to worry, it's been a much better food week overall than for weeks and wekks, with lots of fruit and veg, so that's the thing to focus on.

I also did nap but will try to get to bed at a much earlier hour tonight!

Ate it of course :classic_oops::classic_oops::classic_oops:.

On the plus side I didn't feel like doing any exercise but ended up doing a 40 minute stretching and chair walking video :winner: - going to try and get into the habit of doing that every morning because I feel wonderfully flexible at the moment. Knees are a bit sore and clicky, but they usually are anyway.

Dinner was half the CC meal with a big serve of cabbage, followed by a pear and a Light and Easy yogurt - I like their smaller tubs. the Muller ones seem to go on for ever - and they all have syn values now.

Was very excited to have my consultant tell me that frozen fruit + yogurt = frozen yogurt doesn't have a syn value :greenapple: - so got all the bits to make strawberry and banana flavour; and coconut mmm. I could eat it all day long, seriously - although I Must Try Not To!!! LOL.

That sounds like great exercise today Susie, well done.

Thanks Tipp, and I'm sure that today i feel more flexible and walking to the kitchen was slightly easier - so will try and make that my morning exercise. Also just had a great chat with the cardio consultant - he's really proud of me, says all thge changes I'm doing make me the model patient, which is fab.

Food today - going to attempt an omelette in the CC, so that's probably going to be B and L with a salad for the latter, and some cream of mushroom soup (1 + 5.5). Dinner - not sure, maybe the leftovers from last night, and some more green veg (3). That keeps syns nice and low! :)

Great news on your cardio comments :)

Food sounds good although I'm not fond of mushrooms.

Yep, it must be good knowing you are doing the right things and taking your health in the right direction and acknowledged by a healthcare professional

Morning all!

So happy with my Week 1 WI - 6lbs off, and takes me back to end Nov weight. Considering I went over syns a few times, I'm a bit shocked actually - but in a good way :). Also did my first week of brozne Body Magic easily, ended up doing over an hour over the week. I get measured for compression stockings tomorrow, my legs won't know themselves!

Food today -
B - plastic cheese on toast (HEB + 14 - high, but worth it!)
L - eggy veggie bake - just out of the oven and it smells delicious! Butternut squash, a frozen mix with broccoli, cauli, peas, carrots and some Brussels. Got loads of defrosted veg left over, so will probably make some soup up.
D - a Morrisons calorie counted ready meal, probably a curry - just got a few left to use up now, and then will order so SW ones from Iceland.
S - rye cakes with Sweet Freedom asnd banana (4)

Have a good one!

Thanks ladies, and had a good day too, so just enjoyed a Twisty ice lolly. I wouldn't normally buy them but Morrisons subbed them for Soleros (grrrr) so they need using up - and only 3 syns each.

It did occur to me that I need to stop saying I'm rewarding myself with food, get away from that "treat" mentality - just because I did well doesn't mean I get a food reward. That's what syns are for, if I haven't used them up in cooking - which is the predominant plan.

A wild and woolly night out there!

Yep a great result. I know, it can be silly the way we "treat" ourselves with food , we are rewarding ourself with a vice because we have avoided that vice. When we look at it logically it's stupid but still we do it.

Afternoon all

Just did not want to get out of bed this morning, my lovely soft thick duvet kept calling me back lol. Apart from feeling very rested, another plus side is not eating - after what turned out to be a bit of a syn blowout last night, I just couldn't stop eating! All low cal stuff, but I will really have to peg back syns for a few days!

I know I fell into the old habit of "It's WI day and the girl done good so eat anything you want" - which also has to stop.

So just two small meals for me today, and then I shall head to bed early and hopefully avoid any further treks to the kitchen!

L - eggy bake and coffee
D - chicken mushroom casserole with green veg mix
S - fruit and yogurt

Sx

Well THAT didn't work out as planned! The nurse was so pleased with how my legs are healing that I bought a celebration foodfest on the way home! I knew when I was scoffing the mini sausage rolls and 2 small choc bars that I shouldn't be doing it, that I had a perfectly scrummy dinner planned - but no, that's what my brain wanted me to eat. Over syns by 40 eeek, so it can be remedied, but it's difficult to really examine this emotional eating up close, isn't it?

I think this time the 'reward' was from sheer relief that healthwise things are slowly starting to improve, but crazily I also know that the 'reward' will stop me losing weight, which is the major factor in the improvement. But it's no surprise that the whole thing is hugely emotional, it's been a right old rollercoaster for me personally over the last 12 months - on Saturday it will have been a year since I was made redundant, then the cycle of bad health, then slowly getting better while juggling two and sometimes three jobs - yep, I think the word 'emotional' covers it 😇 .
And I've made it through, on my own, which I'm immensely proud of - so onwards and downwards:greenapple:!

Nothing for tea now, but the chicken is in the CC and will be fab tomorrow, and I've also got reduced fat sossies for breakfast with brussels and squash mash - so tomorrow is all sorted (and a few days after, should get a few servings out of each).

Have a good evening!

Last edited:
It's so good that your health is improving Susie and that's down to the immense work that you have put in.

Thanks lovelies, I had a huge sleep in (again), and then back on track with eggy bake for brunch.

Chicken casserole for dinner, might add some spinach to it as well, so it's jampacked with green veg :). 6.5 syns across 5 servings, so let's call it 1.5 syns each.

Been busy today - took the work laptop back, went for a drive to keep the battery charged (so many people out and not a mask among them, idiots), got contacted about two long term contracts, and now it's me time lol. Reading and playing EverMerge are on the agenda.

Have a good one, keep nice and warm x

fab news on your improving health.

I think part of this journey is to learn to be kinder to ourselves, we do not judge you for your slip ups and I'm certain you won't be judging us either yet we all judge ourselves so harshly and I think all that does is add into the pool of emotions that has us going around in more circles.

You've already put it behind you and moved on, that's the powerful choice, not to just throw in the towel because you ate more yesterday or whenever, starting again everyday simply from wherever we are is what will bring you forward.

It's worth trying to think of non-food rewards. It's easy for me as I have so many craft/hobby things I can reward myself with (when I have the cash lol) rewarding with experiences can be useful, but we've also to be careful with that. I remember thinking I'll get a nice haircut and colour when I reach blah blah weight but then... are we not worthy of the haircut heavier? We are! You will find things that work for you I'm sure. I'll be making a new clothing item at my various targets (hopefully whilst taking in other things :D)

Hey all

A messy morning already, with both cats going out, chewing on grass, coming in and upchucking their breakfast - both of them, at almost the same time. Such is thed life of a cat owner :classic_roll_eyes:.

Foodwise, not sure - I fancy toast so will have that in a mo, I think.

L/D - leftover chicken casserole with extra veg.
S - going to try and stick to fruit.

Have a lovely day - breezy but sunny here yaye!

Back