Susie's 2022 campaign

Do you have to wear something particular to work...with you need to go shopping?

No Tipp it's smart casual, so I should be ok for now. Might get my hair done.

It is strange (but great) how things have fallen into place since I decided to return - obviously the right decision :D. The plan is to keep working until Italy sells, then get the London flat lease sorted and sold, and move up north - still thinking about C. Durham for affordability, I need to do a road trip and come and check it out.

still thinking about C. Durham for affordability, I need to do a road trip and come and check it out.

Do you need help, I need an excuse to get away.

Do you need help, I need an excuse to get away.

LOL the more the merrier. We might need to have a meetup in Northumberland @Tibbs? :).

I have to share a completely irrational fear with you - as my new boss hasn't physically seen me (because it was a phone interview), is she going to freak at my size? I've never felt worried about this in the past, and someone from the office may well have mentioned it when she asked about me internally, but I can't make the feeling go away! :eek:

Last two days of freedom but I'm off to a good start with the Sky modem up and running with no problems - ohhh I love the speed, compared to the creaky old Italian internet :). Am online just getting a few things for the flat, then it's off to a mate's for lunch, then off to pick up the free chest of drawers. My life laundry feeling is still with me - I am only getting absolute essentials and not nice to have's :). I would like a tablet so I can put it in the kitchen and do the Leslie Sansome inhouse walking vids but that can wait until payday. Also debating whether to go back to SW but follow more of a CC diet thing - I think the classes would be good at keeping me on track...

Suzie, I get why you're worrying about this but just think for a minute..why would someone mention your size if they were asked about you? The question would be relating to how well you can do the job, not on what you look like. I bet you wouldn't dream about saying something like that, would you if you were asked. You're just getting the jitters..don't worry ((X))
Funny enough, I have just moved the Leslie Sansome thing along on my screen so I remember to use it..remember last time when I nearly killed myself:D I haven't done it since:D
I think going to a SWgroup to keep on track is a good idea to get you into the swing of it. I know it makes me stop and think because I don't want to go up on the scales there. I also think it's a necessity for me to keep an eye on how many calories I eat even though following SW regime as I'd still over eat on so called free food and put weight on.
Yes, I'll meet up with you & Tippy..technically Co Durham isn't Northumberland..about an hour away X

My Sky speeds are dreadful!!

I have to share a completely irrational fear with you - as my new boss hasn't physically seen me (because it was a phone interview), is she going to freak at my size? I've never felt worried about this in the past, and someone from the office may well have mentioned it when she asked about me internally, but I can't make the feeling go away! :eek:

I know exactly what you mean, I am convinced that 2 jobs I applied for I didn't get because of my size or not fitting a look. One was on TV and the two that got the job were completely unknown in the area we work in. The second I reckon was about age as much as size and also gender.

Its not irrational but its also not fair that you need to feel that way.
That's one of the reasons why I asked about work clothing, I would hate the idea of wearing a uniform and being squeezed into something unflattering.

I agree some people judge on size (as well as gender, age, sexuality, ethnicity etc.) So it's possible she will make assumptions. However this won't be a freak out, and chances are your manager is professional and will only be focusing on how well you do your job. In terms of how people describe you, I guarantee 99% of people would focus on your personalty and work skills.

I'm not good at posting daily, so I'll say good luck on your first day now. Hope it goes well, and don;t forget your gloves. It is cold in the UK!

Thanks for the reassurances folks, much appreciated.

I've arranged to meet her tomorrow afternoon and asked if it was still smart casual dress, said I was on the big side and I liked to wear linen tunics - she has come back saying fine, so I'm sure it will be ok. And I know I didn't have to say anything about my size, just couldn't help myself. She has asked me to go to a recruitment fair on my first day lol, guess that's trust for you - unless no one else wanted to do it :D.

The tone of your posts is so cool now you're back. You seem much happier already!

Must google this fandangled kitchen gadget... the most high tec I get is my new waffle maker and that was exciting stuff in my house!!

See, all sorted, but yep I would have wanted to check in too to put my mind at rest.

The tone of your posts is so cool now you're back. You seem much happier already!

Must google this fandangled kitchen gadget... the most high tec I get is my new waffle maker and that was exciting stuff in my house!!

Thanks Stackie, I am really happy to be back :D. Just got my hair done (in a rather sleek bob oooh) and it was so nice to be understood first time round, etc.

The gadget is called the Ninja Complete Kitchen System - it's a food processor, blender and nutri ninja in one. Love it!

See, all sorted, but yep I would have wanted to check in too to put my mind at rest.

Well, we'll see if she screams out loud when I go in tomorrow LOL.

Did you get to meet up with your new boss Suzie?
Oh to have straight hair.. I've got curly wurly hair that has a mind of it's own:rolleyes:
Good luck for tomorrow in case I don't get back on here tonight X

Hello all!

Just home from meeting my new boss and she seems lovely, and I'm sure we'll get on well :). Also got hugs from the very few staff left that I know, plus a big hug from the Chief Exec, bless him. Really lovely to be back there and I can't wait to get my teeth into it :D. Off to the volunteer recruitment fair in the morning, then the office in the afternoon. SO happy and relaxed now, for the first time in ages!

@Tibbs my hair is the same as yours (twins, remember lol) but the hairdresser insisted on straightening it. I've been brave and bought some straighteners to at least keep the fringe in order, but I can't do hair to save myself. At least the work friends like it :).

Last night of 'freedom' so it's pizza and red wine on the menu. Also, got nothing else in the house lol, must do an online shop now. Nothing to give the kids who are busy trick or treating in my cul de sac...

I have mad curly hair too and when the hairdresser straightens it I get strangled by it when I try to sleep. Best wishes for tomorrow

I have mad curly hair too and when the hairdresser straightens it I get strangled by it when I try to sleep. Best wishes for tomorrow
:D

Ooo Suzie, today is the day:) Have a super doopa first day, though you're not really the new girl..more like you're going home :)Your work colleagues all sound lovely and you sound so happy that you're back in the fold. Biggest hugs ((X))

What are you wearing today
(I don't mean that in a pervy way, I just like clothes)

Hello all!

I'm home, Day 1 went brilliantly, and I'm just so happy to be back. Have come home with a load of food - veg, pesto pasta, bread and sausages - all of which have today's Use By date on them so we can't give them to our charity members. Feeling a bit knackered, but i didn't sleep well so hopefully tonight will be easier.

What are you wearing today (I don't mean that in a pervy way, I just like clothes)

Deep purple linen tunic, black trousers, black Mac and a lilac scarf :).

Back