Susie's 2022 campaign

Oh El that would have been me too! :D. I tried meditating with a friend once, she whispered "Now empty your mind of all thoughts...", which I really tried to do but five seconds of silence in my head was too much effort and suddenly I was wondering whether penguins wear slippers indoors :classic_roll_eyes:.

I just can't do it! I laugh far too easily at things that make me feel silly! And like you end up thinking about random things. I must say, I love the thought of penguins wearing slippers.

Morning all - such a lovely day here today, I drove to work along the seafront and the water was glistening and a beautiful blue ahhh :).

Feel like I'm getting a bit more settled, I always feel uneasy if things at home are all upside down, but there's a great local FB group and last night I found a local guy and his mate who mowed the lawn and strimmed the garden, and they are going to do some handyman jobs for me over the next week. I've got the cleaner tomorrow, the footlady on Saturday, and the hairdresser on Tuesday - all mobile businesses coming to me, which is fab :).

Got the big Asda shop tomorrow too, so will do WI from home Saturday morning and get stuck in to some batch cooking over the weekend.

Food today - well, lest said sooner mended!

What a lovely way to start the day!😃

The last time I saw the sea was in 2013 when I went to Scarborough and on the first full day there I broke my ankle!🤦🏻‍♀️ I’ve always been accident-prone lol.

That’s great Susie. You’ll feel even more settled next week when all that is done.

Have a great day x

Yeah I just love being by the sea, it's so uplifting :).

Well I've had another complete rethink - nothing like coming up with new options haha. A mate of mine has been doing really well on the Weight Loss Resources site, which is calorie counting. I'd never really paid much notice TBH because the thought of getting all obsessive on MFP about calories just does not appeal. They offer a free 24 hours so I've enlisted and had a good look round their site, and it's much better than I thought - they have a gazillion different menus for you to choose from and enter straight into an online diary - so much easier! You can enter your own meals of course, plus they have a forum (although not as good as Minis lol) where you can ask advice from personal trainers, dieticians, etc, and loads of other things that I think will be really handy. It's £10.95 for one month, so a quarter of the price of SW (if you go to group), or cheaper if you do longer. I'm going to do a month and see how I get on :).

The cal allowance isn't high, 1341, other calculators are saying from 1379-1838, so I'll go halfway between them and give myself an extra 250 cals if I feel I need them.

I'm also going to try doing a little bit of the inhouse walking vids, now I've got the room to move in my living room haha. Not sure how the knees will cope but I have to give it a try.

Anyone else tried it? xx

Ive used paul mckenna i can make you sleep and found it works. But you listen in stereo in headphones and he is saying two seperate things, one in each ear. Your mind concentrates so much trying to establish what he is saying that it does empty you mind of other thoughts.

Thanks Tipp I did try Paul McKenna a while back and found it didn't work for me, but that was also when I was first grappling with RLS.

It's Fridayyyyyy woohoo :). Was supposed to be nice weather but it's all grey again boo. Never mind, I've decided to try CCing again for a bit, but just using MFP (again). I did well with CC before but dropped off with all the logging - and work got too busy to allow me to do that regularly. But I've learned a lot over the last year, about sticking with a plan, and I will have more time to log everything now, so let's see how I get on. Will do a WI tomorrow morning and my measurements. I've set my cals at 1500, with 55% protein, 25% carbs, 20% fat, but might well rejig that going forward to lower the carbs like lovely Tess does :).

B - brown bread. cheese, ham, coffee
L - 3 chilli sossies and veg stir fry with Skinny Sauce Thousand Island dressing; apple
D - chicken korma (l/f coconut yog with korma powder), skinny rice and spinach
S - 2 rye cakes with Sweet Freedom choc shot

Leaves 133 cals for later.

Last edited:
Sounds good Susie 😃 I’ve not heard of that weightloss resources before but there are so many good free tools out there that it seems a bit much if you can do it for free lol. Plus it’s easy to tweet things as you go along. Good idea about taking measurements, I took mine at the beginning and a few times since so I can see if there’s a difference even if the scale isn’t moving. Menu sounds lush😋

Have a great day x

I have to say, I'm ready for me lunch right now! I guess that's a result of overeating for the last four months, and also not having had any water yet today.
Bad Susie!!! :1461:

Oooh yes I forgot about green tea. Will start my ACV tomorrow too :)

Well I've had lunch and my snack, and a litre of water, and feel much better. My workmate is keen to drink lots of water and eat healthily, so we're sharing skinny sauces and choc shot rye cakes, and egging each other on re the water - great to have that support, especially when the office smells alluringly of hot chips!

Absolutely, it's been great, we both got through 1.5 litres today. Water, not gin :D.

Well I am now relaxing at home with a glass or two of red (counted), with my new fly screen curtains up at the back door and no flies in the living room woohoo! The cats love going out but when they do, loads of flies come right on in after them - and then lay eggs on their food (yuck yuck yuck). So a young lad, one of the ones who cleaned up the back garden, banged in a few nails, put up a curtain string thing, and Bob's your uncle :). No more flies!

Afternoon all

Finally did my WI this morning and was amazed to see that I've maintained since WI a month ago!

I put on 12.5lbs over the previous six weeks, but nothing this last month, which is incredible, considering what I've eaten! So the overall gain is less than a stone. Haven't worked out menus yet, so will do that later.

That’s brilliant Susie 😃

I’m sure your menu will sound delicious as always 😋

Have a great weekend x

Slept for hours last night, and feel a bit zonked and slow to get moving, but it's shaping up to be a nicer, albeit cooler, day today.

Can't summon the energy to batch cook and forgot to take meat out anyway, but I've got cooked chicken and salads to use up. Will try and get my head round meals to take to work. Later :).

Hope you pep up soon😃 thank goodness it’s not as hot 🔥

Yum, chicken salad. It’s making a fancy a subway salad lol x

That's great that you have got someone at work that you are able to talk to and support each other. It makes all the difference, especially when there is temptation around!

Have a lovely day, enjoy the meal planning!! xx

Susie thats great about the weigh in, well done and it gets you in a good frame of mind to get started again

Morning all

Not such good news on the scales for Day 1 today, bit of a jump up after a completely indulgent weekend...but it's egged me on to try and really focus this week and get into a pattern, so I know I'll get it off over the next few weeks!

Food today -

B - ham and cheese sandwich (heated up), coffee
L - chicken and green leafy salad, apple, banana, yogurt
D - big veggie stir fry
S - rye cakes and choc shot, 2 HiFi bars
W - 3 litres - with Tetley cucumber etc infusion (very nice - and way cheaper than Twinings)
Total - 1,308 - leaves 192

Also starting my vits back up again this morning. Forgot to bring green tea but will get on that tomorrow, ditto the ACV and lemon.

Blowing a gale out there today!

Back