Susie's 2022 campaign

The stew sounds good, let us know how it tastes

Went to Aldi, bought lots of bad stuff, and now I'm home, can't be bothered to make anything healthy - spot the avoidance tactic?! :). But i need to lay off carbs for a bit, excessive carby intake gives me cysts and sometimes boils and right now I have one in a most delicate place. Nice.

Tomorrow. I'll get my chit together tomorrow...

Funny how it can affect us, eh. I took loads of turmeric last night and the cyst has calmed right down - love turmeric!

Still eating carbs, just can't get my head back in the veggie game - but I need to, the fridge is full and I hate wasting food!

Yes that's a good idea. I might have a bit of extra time this afternoon (getting my hair done) so will try and get a bit of cooking done.

Terrible night's sleep, had a weird sort of dull pain in my back, thinking kidneys? Still got it now, but (sorry if TMI) I've been a bit constipated because of no veg, so am hoping it's something to do with that and not anything horrible - but of course my mind focused on all the bad stuff it could possibly be!

Evening all - it's getting cold here now, so the electric blanket and flannelette sheets are on the bed!

After much prevaricating I've finally got my head round a much more veg-based eating plan this weekend, and made a yummy dinner tonight from the Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall Much More Veg book - roast fennel, tomatoes, potatoes, chickpeas, olives, harissa paste, garlic, onion and passata - very nice - and I really love harissa, not had it before but it adds just the right amount of zing. I also found a load of veg recipe books on my Kindle app, including the Green Roasting Tin - so I'm going to have fun trying some dishes out before a veggie friend comes to stay 3rd week of November.

Still got the dull ache in my back, so am going to do a little detox - no more wine for a while, and I'll try and get back into the ACV and lemon juice in the morning. Also made a cheese, basil and psinach omelette for the morning and it turned out beautifully.

Morning all

Back is a bit better, no idea what I've done - doesn't take much when you're ancient lol. The flannelette sheet was lovely to start off but got so HOT (thank you menopause).

B - the lovely omelette, coffee, and mid morning, an apple - my favourite honeycrunch!
L - the HFW fennel dish
D - realised last night that I've got quite a bit of meat in the freezer to use up, so will hopefully have time to throw some chicken, mushrooms, kale and other veg in the slow cooker

Really need to get moving on using lots of stuff up so there's less to move. Again.

Hi Suzi - food sounds great, are you still doing slimming world but veg based or is this a whole new plan? The slow cooker was one of my favourite things to use when I did it. My husband's dream is to be Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall (ie have a small holding like river cottage not sadly to do all the cooking) so we have all his books.

Hey Snow, lovely to see you!

I did well on SW last year but can't get back into it at the moment, so thought basic clean eating with lots of veg would at least help after months of pizza!

I love my slow cooker too, got a lovely new Crock Pot, but for tonight's meal I just threw chicken pieces, passata, chopped toms, onion, olives, harissa, chilli and some broccoli rice into an iron pot on the stove, sort of arriabiata style :).

Oh sounds lovely - I do love a one pan meal. Fairly low carb friendly too so an idea I might knick :) I don't know how many times i tried going back to slimming world but never replicated my 2014-16 success and i got sick of it so quickly everytime so I know what you mean about not getting back into it.

Yeah I loved my SW group and thought of you often, I'd always marvelled at your big loss and then got to 5.5 stone myself - but of course it's not sustainable and I was sliding bigtime dietwise. Then I decided to move up to the north east and ate for England in the process, before I got my act together and went to a couple of local classes - but I just didnt like the consultants and people. Might well have been to do with being new, but I just felt less convinced about low fat - especially as my knees are getting much worse.

So I've only started back into making my own food this week and I'm just trying to be sensible and having leafy greens wth most meals.

Oh where are you now? I'm in the north east (Gateshead) I think any big change like that makes everything hard to sustain. I really struggled with group for a long time - I was always on the social team which meant i had something to do because otherwise it is so much sitting about. And I did used to be a bit judgy about people who seemed like they needed their hand held a lot which wasn't very nice but it just made it so much longer listening to people ask if muffins were a free food. (Lol if only.)

OMG twins! I felt exactly the same with people saying stuff like "Why have I gained if I ate pizza and drank wine all weekend?". I'd be chewing through a pack of HiFis and quietly wanting to hold their head under water :).

I'm not far from you now, in Seaham, on the coast. Decided earlier this year to move out of London - too many people, too much crime - and settled on Seaham, then a fab job came up, which I got - so it was all meant to be :). Moved up about four months ago now, and really love it, the cost of living is much cheaper, people are lovely (on the whole) and I've bought a great little house, the price of which makes my London friends' eyes pop out with envy! Hope to get the keys in a few weeks :). We should catch up for coffee and/or lunch one of these days?

Did a WI this morning after not doing it for a while - and nearly passed out, I've had a real gain. Oh well, just got to keep the veg thing in focus and keep on plugging away!

B - ham and cheese sarnie, coffee, apple
L - fennel stew, maybe some pumpkin soup
D - the lush chicken arriabiata casserole

Have a good one, all x

That's it exactly - and i know people are meant to ask questions but I spent so much time going oh come on (internally)

I have never been to seaham but yes we are close and you're right on the coast - the most I know about it that there is an amazing ice cream parlour there (probably not useful info to have - sorry!) We should definitely do lunch or coffee, and I get what you mean about the cost of living compared ro London - especially housing - my sister lives there and i think has given up on the housing ladder. Its really hard.

Sorry you had a gain - hat sort of WI is why I knocked monthly weigh ins on the head and instead am trying to consider weight loss over the month (as I normally do stick a couple of weigh ins and get fed up but if I don't weigh for that long and i slip and then when i weigh in and it's bad i end up going oh well and packing it in.) So well done for getting right back on it. I find it a delicate balance between not obsessing over numbers and not burying my head in the sand about how I'm doing.

Sorry about your gain Susie. But like me
You know exactly where it came from
You know what to do to get rid of it
But you just cant get focussed enough to get rid of it.

Unfortunately the song"Two out of three aint bad" doesnt apply here.

When you are properly settled you always do really well. SW and your speed veg always got good results for you. In fact every time i eat green veg i hear your voice in my head saying so.

SW and your speed veg always got good results for you. In fact every time i eat green veg i hear your voice in my head saying so.

LOL oh you poor thing, who needs me in their head! :D. But yes you're right, I've just got to not sweat the big stuff, try and eat veg as often as possible, cut back on the bread (and fruit loaf!) and get my ar*e properly into gear once Christmas is over. I'd gained another pound this morning and was a bit "oh fe**" about it until I remembered the half packet of Oatie biscuits and three slices of fruit loaf...

B - ham and cheese toastie, coffee, banana
L - last of the fennel stew (TG!), apple
D - 2nd to last serving of the chicken Arriabiata

Also going to try and use up more fridge veg - so going to have a bash at celeriac dauphinoise.

there is an amazing ice cream parlour there (probably not useful info to have - sorry!) We should definitely do lunch or coffee

Tried a few of the restaurants when I've had visitors, but not the ice cream parlour yet - which is odd, because I LOVE ice cream :). And fabbo re a meet up - be lovely after chatting over the years here :).

I find it a delicate balance between not obsessing over numbers and not burying my head in the sand about how I'm doing.

Yep I can be fine for a few days, then I fall off the wagon, then I get obsessed with a new plan, then I get bored and declare I'm doing a new plan - a-n-d repeat.

So, just finished a big job, I'm hungry and just got an email that the food company in today (they set up in a room downstairs, a different one every day) is offering cheese grilled toasties.

Cheeeeesssssseeeee....not sure I can resist!

So, just finished a big job, I'm hungry and just got an email that the food company in today (they set up in a room downstairs, a different one every day) is offering cheese grilled toasties.

Cheeeeesssssseeeee....not sure I can resist!
A different food company everyday seems quite evil. So much temptation. I havr banned myself from the work canteen except for once a week where I let myself have a 6 item breakfast by picking the low carb options (mainly bacon as I'm not sure on the sausages, don't eat fried eggs or mushroom and everything else is carbs. Sometimes I have a bit of black.pudding which can vary on carbs but I'll have it as long as I'm losing.)

Well it's been a massive food fail today - I hung out until about 11.30am then got a pasty, a caramel slice and also had a small salad roll. Honesly, no wonder i never get anywhere - I'm as bad as those SW women, Snowy! :classic_eek: :classic_oops:

Back