Susie's 2022 campaign

Oh perfect thanks Tipp.

My friend has just rung and said she has to go back a day earlier because of engineering works, which is a shame - but we'll do a couple of casseroles, that should cover both of us :).

A slight delay to my low carb plans - this afternoon I opened the bottom drawer of the freezer to find half a dozen meals made up - so will use them up before I start properly, but won't have any bread or potatoes.

It's probably best to wait until my friend goes, then I'll have a clear run through to Christmas - what are you guys planning foodwise for then?

Im going to have all my christmas usuals on 24/25 and 26 dec ans sanw 31/1 and 2nd.

Morning

Did a WI this morning and as I already knew, it showed a big gain. I've been eating S-O-O-O badly, really since before I moved up to Seaham, so it's absolutely no surprise, so I'm reconciled to it.

After initial disappointment, I'm also OK with delaying my LC start, as the odds felt a little stacked against me - half my shopping was missing from the Asda delivery on Friday night, which was really annoying because I had it all figured out in my head what I was going to cook - and the ingredients were what was missing (how can they not have cream???). Then I found all the SW ready meals and other stuff in the freezer, and I don't want to waste them. And then I started feeling feally guilty about cooking meat and chicken while my friend was staying - it would be ok in summer if the doors and windows were all open, but not in winter.

So I've got a bit longer to plan. My friend is heading back to London on Saturday so I've got the rest of that day and Sunday to cook up a storm.

That makes sense - I hate waste and your preprepped meals sound pretty healthy (I have non LC drawer in my freezer too but I have my OH I have feed the carby stuff too at first I was making him eat low carb too but actually he works shifts so it's easier to make him some pasta/curry and rice etc he can reheat etc)

That is bizarre of Asda - they must have cream! I have a Tesco order coming today and they didn't have any of the creamfields (fake brand that replaced Tesco basic) cream so I had to order ordinary Tesco cream - I do appreciate that Tesco keeps the stock more up to date so often things just won't be available on the grocery site if they have none where Asda does not which coupled with the fact that Asda has been terrible lately about not sending subs if they don't have something - you just don't get it and then have to go to a shop anyway, has driven me to using Tesco more. (I switch a lot depending on offers and if they've annoyed me)

Yeah I'm thinking of switching back to Tesco - every delivery from Asda has had something missing but on Friday there were about 15 things missing! Getting silly...although I purposefully select no subs because I'd been getting weird stuff.

Not been too bad today, refused a grilled cheese sandwich!

B - sossies and eggs, coffee - I'm using a tsp of dried skim milk powder - mainly because my fridge is two rooms away (!), but will start using almond milk from next week.
L - chicken, tom, olive, harissa paste casserole - and an orange, which isn't keto friendly at about 12g - and a small packet of pork scratchings which I surprised myself by having in my drawer
D - an SW meal, should be reasonably LC.

Last edited:
Well another afternoon, another drama - my solicitor has just called and told me she's recommending I withdraw from the house purchase...it could be liable for thousands of pounds worth of unpaid rent and service (10 years' worth!).

Poop.

Well another afternoon, another drama - my solicitor has just called and told me she's recommending I withdraw from the house purchase...it could be liable for thousands of pounds worth of unpaid rent and service (10 years' worth!).

Poop.
Oh no! still best to find out now but what a pain.

Susie thats terrible about the house. But i suppose better to find out now.
Your weigh in may not have been the best but now you have an offical starting point and a plan. Yep, see the next week ir two as planning and prep ready to start with a bang when you are ready.

Morning all

GaGirl the unapid money is due to the management company going bust 10 years ago, and no one knows who actually owns the communal land. When they find out who does, that company will no doubt demand unpaid money from all the owners - so, it's best avoided. Was thinking overnight, I might just find a bigger place to rent and stay put for a while - so, silver linings eh?

And yes Tipp, good advice - I'll jump straight into LC properly once my friend has gone.

Had an idea this afternoon to ask if the owner of 'my' house would consider renting long term, and just heard - he's agreed!

So i will get to live in the house i want, with the sea views, etc, and he;s happy to do the rental for three years (or more). The rent is cheaper than what I'm paying now, and i can make changes - like painting the kitchen cupboards, putting new tiles down in the kitchen, bathroom and WC, painting all the walls white - all of which shouldn't cost more than a couple of hundred quid.

How's that for a result? :D

Had an idea this afternoon to ask if the owner of 'my' house would consider renting long term, and just heard - he's agreed!

So i will get to live in the house i want, with the sea views, etc, and he;s happy to do the rental for three years (or more). The rent is cheaper than what I'm paying now, and i can make changes - like painting the kitchen cupboards, putting new tiles down in the kitchen, bathroom and WC, painting all the walls white - all of which shouldn't cost more than a couple of hundred quid.

How's that for a result? :D
oh excellent - probably works out well for him as well because lets face it no-one is going to want to buy it with those fees hanging over their
heads unless he knocks the price down so this way he gets an income off it and you get your house - and you never know if for example the fee thing is ever resolved you might be able to make an offer and not have to move!

Susie, is that the house you are currently in?

you never know if for example the fee thing is ever resolved you might be able to make an offer and not have to move!

Ah hah you spotted my evil plan :). I am planning to sell the London flat in a year or two so could buy it outright then and hopefully the indemnity inusrance would be ok in that situation.

Susie, is that the house you are currently in?

Not the one I'm currently renting Tipp - I'm going to rent the house I wanted to buy, which just fell through.

All being well, I should be able to move 2nd week December, and the bits of work can happen around me. I'm really happy about it, it means the girls and I get more space, a shower over the bath so I don't dislocate my shoulder every time I have a wash lol, the fridge will be in the same room as the rest of the kitchen - major bonus!

Anyone got experience of painting melamine cupboards?

Chalk paint will stick to anything but dont think its hard enough for a kitchen.

Ahhh GaGirl spot on as usual - I've just watched a B&Q YT vid on how to do it using their renovation paint. Simples :).

Yeah can't wait for the fridge to be in the same room, rather than two rooms away, will make a huge difference!

Whenever I find a good YT vid on anything I end up losing hours to a you tube loop of recommended videos.

It'll be even better if you get to buy it and keep all the work you're planning!

Let's hope so, but at least as the sitting tenant he's more likely to be happy if I stay longterm so I still get the benefit.

Finishing work in 2.5 hours and then I'm off woohoo. Only for the weekend but still...

Evening all - had a fab weekend with my mate, we really had a brilliant time. Not just the travelling about and eating out (of which we did lots) but just being relaxed with someone who knows you well. Watching TV on Friday night we sounded like those mates off Gogglebox lol - with lots of "Oh what's his name, you remember, the one with the dark floppy hair" and "She was in that film, the one with the alligator that starts with a T..." (only it would start with an M and the alligator was a cat, once we'd googled it 🙂, and the dark floppy hair would actually be curly and blond).

Drove her back to Newcastle yesterday and got diverted all over the place because of A19 closures, so it was good to finally get home, since when I have done a lot of thinking about my weight and lack of mobility.

Walking around a lot made me realise just how very much worse my knees have become. I really was in a lot of pain, and it will come as no surprise to hear that a WI this morning shows all the pre-SW weight is back on. All of it. I really have been arsing about, so I've decided to try another SW group on Wednesday night. I said I'd start low carb last week - but did I? No, of course not, I just ate bread, and lots of it. and loads of other carby stuff.

I know I'm way too easy on myself, but I also know that going to group is the only thing that keeps me reasonably honest about the whole thing. So, back I go! I'm going to use my syns on olive and coconut oil so I can still use things like that up, because I do think that joint issues need more and not less oil in the diet - and will make up fatboy rolls with the almond flour I've got and keep them in the freezer for treats.

Wish me luck!

Back