Susie's 2022 campaign

Sounds like you are off on a wonderful adventure! I hope you have a really successful trip and everything falls into place (including some some nice cocktails falling into your mouth). Well done on another loss too, haven't been on since so sorry for the delay!

Have fun Susie and enjoy the break:) xxx

We've got wifi so I'll be logging in via the phone to enthrall you with all the sordid details :D

Now to try winding down so I can sleep! :)

enjoy your trip susie and have a safe journey x x

Hi lovelies we've arrived safely and heading for bed shortly. The diet is out the window but we've already walked round half of Pescara so hopefully will burn some of it off!

Sxxx

glad you got there safe susie x x

Buon giorno tutti!!! Not kidnapped by Maurizio the plumber, Shelley :D (more on that later). Got home about 12.30am this morning and am so pleased that I booked today off as hol too! Had the most wonderful sleep (nothing like your own bed, is there?), and now it's all go on the laundry front, followed by a job interview today at 12.30 (I got an email to tell me while I was away!), then weigh in tonight :eek:

I am convinced I will have gained (although as always I really hope I haven't :D). We walked and walked AND walked, lovely Lisa had her fitbit thing on and we exceeded 10,000 steps each day easily - which I am hoping will erase the breakfast croissants, the kebab in a big roll, smothered with mayo, ditto chips and the pasta with truffles and a creamy sauce and some bread (in my defense there wasn't much of it, it was a right titchy serving :)).

Fruit? One banana (oops). Veg? None. Double oops.

And then there was the alcohol. Oh my...Prosecco x3 and then a glass of vino rosso on Friday night - but made some fab new friends. On Saturday, we tried my friend's homemade limoncello - just a small glass and lush, but dahhlings the sugar! Then prosecco x3 and vino rosso x 5 (or maybe 6, or 7)....and a sore head yesterday!

But there was a reason for all the excess and that is because yours truly has bought a house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :eek:

We saw 6 houses on Saturday, making a total of 25 houses I've seen on my four other visits, so by now I've got a good eye for what's going to work for me. It's the cheap one - h-389 - completely habitable now but I'm going to turn it into a palace and keep within budget, which is fabulous. It sits up on a little rise, with the garden sloping gently down to the road, there's another house attached on one side, which the owner also wants to sell, so am thinking of buying both! The kitchen and lounge will be about 14-15 sq feet each, the master bedroom is HUGE, and the views are of lovely Castel Frentano, the nearest village - it's on the outskirts and not miles away from anything, like some we saw.

It makes sense financially - and both Lisa (my fabulous travelling companion and excellent secretary for drawing floor plans :D) and I felt that it was the right house too, it feels cheery and light and Orby and I will be happy there. Plans with the house next door are to possibly just have a huge lounge on the ground floor and two beds with ensuite upstairs for the big Minis meet up :D. The location is brilliant, and Castel Frentano has English speaking doctors and vets, etc, plus it's close to the gorgeous Lanciano (check it out on Google Maps).

My lovely friend Barry is the agent, and he's taken it off the market for 3 months, so even if the NZ house doesn't get an offer in that time, I've got time to get the money together.

Exciting, eh?! :D Now I'm off to catch up on your news.

I'm so happy for you Susie! The house looks fab and the location sounds and looks absolutely perfect! What a bonus that you've made friends and everything seems to be falling into place. Sod the calories or the number on the scale this week - youve just made your future life so much more stress-free and that is more than worth the celebratory calories. Exciting times ahead hun!

Back