Susie's 2022 campaign

awww susie its nearly here the rest time for you chillin and enjoying life x

Hi Susie, Exciting times ahead for you and your cat. I think the blog is a fab idea it will not only chart your experiences but I'm sure be a thought provoking read for others thinking of doing something similar x

hi susie i have read it and love it i want you to keep it up so we know what you and our orbit or up to and then we can feel your so still in our lives aww thanks susie thats lovely words your my special lady to x x x x

Hi Susie, Just watched Jimmy and Jamie saturday night cooking show and saw the food waste report. So pleased it is being championed on really mainstream progs. I seem to notice it in the public eye so much more since the summer. I wonder if it is being hilighted more now or just that I am more aware since knowing you? The message seems increasingly to draw the public in and suggest that we really can make a difference if we make demands on places we buy from and lower our asthetic standards.
I have massively reduced the food I buy and waste now. It was something I gave little or no thought to before you made me aware of it. Its second nature to use up everything now and it gives me a kick to know I am making a difference. Go you ! Lottie x

Well hello hello my lovelies!

Sorry I've been completely AWOL but life has been very full and busy since I arrived in Italy 3 months ago (today!). I moved into my own place two weeks ago, with the kitchen and ensuite finished, and it's lovely to be feeling a bit more settled.

However the weight has really suffered, and I'm too scared to get on the scales right now, but I do know it's all back on and more - the usual story. I'd love to do SW again but there are so many things you can't get here that I used to rely on quite heavily - Mullers, Options, stuff like that - so it might be slow going. Give me 10 years to get to target HAHA.

So what's everyone's news? xx

Hello Susie!

Lovely to hear you are in your house now :) I saw Shelley's photos on Facebook, and where you are looks incredible!

Now you are settled hopefully it will be easier to get back on track with your weight loss. :) xx

I'd love to do SW again but there are so many things you can't get here that I used to rely on quite heavily - Mullers, Options, stuff like that - so it might be slow going.
What about cc or Atkins? You don't need any branded of processed foods, remember clean and green? And you could have pasta on cc with tomato based sauces.
It's really quiet on minis now!

When we moved to Turkey, I thought there were many things I couldn't get here. But I have found alternatives. I hope the same applies for you. When you move, there's so much to do, you are very busy and later, I hope you settle down and find the foods you need (or a new WoE).

Hi Susie, wow 3 months. Your photos are stunning, what a beautiful part of the world. I agree with DK cc or low carb. I've been carb cycling and keeping calories low and seems to be working.

Morning all - lovely to hear from you! Thx Val - it's great to finally be here, strange not to be working but I'm sure I'll adjust :D.

Day 1 of CC - MFP gave me 1580 cals, and it's totally doable. Will post menus later (once I figure out what they are lol).

How lovely to hear from you Susie. Gosh 3 months has flown by, your pics are as coffee says beautiful (HI Coffee :) ) Its bound to feel odd not working as its something you have always done. I have a sneaky suspicion you will soon be doing summat, paid or otherwise, cos you cant not !! Loads of luck with CC my little love x

Hi Susie,
good to see you & on MFP. Really exciting you are in your new place & looking forward to seeing more on your blog:)
Good luck with getting focused on diet/weight/health - as we all know that we have to get our mind in focus first....then the rest follows!
xxx

Morning all - and lovely to hear from you Lottie and Katie :).

It really is a beautiful place, and there are always expats arriving and wanting to go for lunch, it's a hard life! :D Got lunch tomorrow at an American style diner, so will have light lunch and prob no dinner to compensate - think that's how things will have to be from now on. I've managed to already kill three begonias that a friend gave me so the idea of growing my own veg may not be so achievable - but fruit and veg are so cheap here it's crazy, so I'll still plenty of my 5 a day :).

Day 1 of CC went ok until the evening, my danger time, but I didn't go completely off the rails :). Anyway it will take a while to get into the rhythm of normal life - didn't sleep well and it took me about three hours to even get up this morning!

Yesterday - B 2 fried eggs on wilted spinach; L warm sausage salad; D salami and salad roll, 2 glasses of fizz, 4 pieces of chocolate, salami and piece of cheese - oh dear - came in at about 1800
Today - same B, L - chicken salad; D - turkey breast with mixed veg and pesto puree (haven't logged yet so not sure of cals).

Have a good one all xxx

1800 isn't bad at all but those poor begonias :D You'll get there with CC, you just have to remember that if you have 2 bottles of wine and a doughnut you can stay within your cals but man are you gonna be hungry :eatdrink023:

LOL DK - yes wine doesn't help much in the scheme of things - shame it tastes so nice! :rolleyes:

Had a good day yesterday until last night, OD'd on some lush licorice toffees but did a naughty sneaky WI and things are going in the right direction. Tea for breakfast today because I'm off to meet friends at a fab American style diner for lunch - burger and chips, here we come! It's very filling so prob no dinner or maybe just a spinach/fruit smoothie.

Back