Susie's 2022 campaign

I toasted it Tipp and it was actually very nice :).

Not been great since I posted, just can't seem to stop eating at the moment - stress? The weather? Who knows...I even got up at 5am this morning and had a sandwich because I was so hungry. Think I'm not having enough for my main meals, so must get my head properly back in the game.

Batch cooking today -

- cheesy chicken risotto from the Take 5 book, made it before and it's lovely
- cottage pie (same book)
- Boston baked beans (Comfort Collection)
- chicken stir fry

And that's me set for the week.

Food today -

B - omelette with 1/2 HEA cheese and basil - still hungry though!
L - SW burgers with cheese/onion mash (1) and sauteed cabbage
D - SW pea and mint soup and HEB toast

Nice day here, hope it is for you too x

I must make some soup when I get home. I'm.hoping if kitchen is clean I can do some batch cooking on Saturday.

I am also really struggling to control my eating at the moment, maybe it is the weather. It has definitely got a lot colder in London over the last week. Batch cooking sounds like a winner, must do some myself. Best of luck for WI this evening.

Thanks guys - 2.5lbs on, not great but not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Ended up making all sorts of rubbish yesterday like pasties using the WW wraps - and then eating them all! Oh well, back to simples from now on - protein and veg, with the occasional potato.

Sx

As an Irish person I have to say I don't believe the occasional potato will do any harm, or even a daily potato. The potato is fine, its all the stuff we put in it or on it that cause the problems, the cream, the butter, the goose fat, the salt, the mayonaisse and chutney (me on a roast spud). I certainly feel that a plain potato is better than a slice of white bread.

You are still.doing amazingly well Susie and I bet you that by Thursday you will have that 2.5lb gone.
Question: I know you eat a good bit of spinach, does it get caught in your teeth much. I ate in a Greek cafe yesterday and it must have taken me 30 minutes to clear all my teeth of spinach and still I was self conscious of it all day.

Question: I know you eat a good bit of spinach, does it get caught in your teeth much. I ate in a Greek cafe yesterday and it must have taken me 30 minutes to clear all my teeth of spinach and still I was self conscious of it all day.

LOL yes it is one of the hazards of eating spinach - I always visit the loo and do a teeth scan, or ask my mate :). 30 minutes though, you must have eaten a lot! xx

Back on target today, more or less -

B - SW salsa chicken and (wait for it) spinach
L - chicken and salad, 2 sossie rolls (oops), 2 ginger snaps (bye bye syns)
D - pork stir fry

Ready for bed at the moment but it's only 3 o'clock!

Well TG for work buddies - we had a HUGE delivery of biscuits, cookies, more biscuits and more cookies into the kitchen this evening!

I had two small choc chip cookies (well lush) and then my mate said "I'm not leaving the kitchen until you do", knowing full well that I'd help myself to loads more to bring home if I was on my own haha. A sheepish grin, and I was on my way...safe for today at least!

Morning all

Trying to stay good today, despite the thousands of temptations around me!

B - sossies (3) and spinach
L - pork stir fry, then three rye cakes (half HEB) with peanut butter (4.5), banana and Sweet Freedom (1.5) - also brought some Hifis in case I get desperate!
D - chicken pasta - or maybe a potato and bacon bake - something warming!
Syns - 9
Leaves me a few syns and my HEA to play with.

Enjoy!

Evening all

Hope you've had a nice few days? I've been manically busy at work and next week will be the same, so food hasn't been brilliant as a result - but will do soup this weekend and hope to minimise the damage - as usual! :)

Can't remember if i said earlier but I've got a game plan, to lose 14lbs by 15 Jan, which will mark my year on SW and mean a loss of 6 stone - it's about 2lbs a week, and allow for a little slippage over Christmas. Onwards and downwards!

Great plan to get to a 6 stone loss in 1 year, what an achievement! I'm sure you can do it :)

Thanks Clareel! 6 stone also marks my halfway point, so it will be a double celebration :).

I just need to stop doing one step forward, one step back - checked my losses and since July I've only lost about 8 real pounds - had steady losses but they have followed gains.

Anyyhoo, the Weekend Plan 5:2 is underway -

B - 3 eggs and spinach
L - veg stir fry and pea & mint soup
D - Med veg and tomato casserole with skinny pasta, plus more soup if I want it

Comes in at about 800 cals, and it's all speed food as far as SW goes. Same again tomorrow :).

Evening all

Hope you've had a nice few days? I've been manically busy at work and next week will be the same, so food hasn't been brilliant as a result - but will do soup this weekend and hope to minimise the damage - as usual! :)

Can't remember if i said earlier but I've got a game plan, to lose 14lbs by 15 Jan, which will mark my year on SW and mean a loss of 6 stone - it's about 2lbs a week, and allow for a little slippage over Christmas. Onwards and downwards!

You can do it Susie!

Thanks Mini!

Didn't do too badly yesterday, although I ate more than the 800 cals by the evening - although still on plan. Same menu today.

Really want to do a bit of walking to help things along, but my knees just aren't up to it yet - but read a preview of Mariella Frostrup's TV programme on the menopause (I think it's tonight), and boy did the penny drop for me bigtime! Mood swings, anxiety - and painful joints!! i hadn't ever associated my painful knees with the menopause, just assumed it was arthritis, and the GP didn't make that association either...so I'm trying out a new herbal approach, including devil's claw and some of the Nootropics, which are used to ward off brain fog and ultimately dementia. I'll report back!

Morning all

A pretty good day yesterday, so here's all fingers and toes crossed for some sort of loss tonight!

B - choc shake, tea, green tea - and that's it until later!

Have a good one x

Best of luck at WI!

Back