SW and Pregnancy

suse_09

Hi - i *think* im pregnant, if so about 6 weeks (think because i did a test yesterday and it had the faintest line in the positive box after the right amount of time but im still not convinced i didnt imagine it and am waiting to retest in a couple of days!). Just wondering if anyone has done SW while pregnant and if its ok to follow?

What happy news. Congrats!

There have been many posts recently about SW whilst pregnant. Maybe it would be worthwhile doing a search in the top right bar?

But as from what i have read SW is a perfect diet to do whilst pregnant as it basically keeping a balanced diet. Doctors recommend this diet to pregnant patients and to those have serious health problems.

I'd say go ahead and continue on plan.

Let us know the reuslt of the test hun. Fingers crossed! xxx

Yep SW is one of the diets that is fine to continue with through you whole pregnancy. You just carry on as normal, however you will possibly need to get a note from your midwife once you have one, to say it is okay for you to continue while pregnant.

The only difference is that your consultant will not be allowed to comment or advise on any weight loss/gain you have while pregnant.

Once your baby is born, you then get more healthy extra's if you decide to breastfeed. (Which means good news for you, as you get more healthy extra's and good news for your baby, as they are getting the best start in life ;)

First of all, congratulations!!! When I got my postitive with my son, I could only see the line if I flicked the test from side to side whilst holding it under the bedside table lamp, but I was definitely pregnant, lol! It will show off better in a couple of days.

I am now pg again with no 3 and very loosely following SW. I have a similar BMI to you - hovering around 25 when I got pg. I am not aiming to lose weight whilst pg, just to keep weight gain sensible (2 stone or less would be FAB!), so I allow myself to be generous with the healthy extras and have days off/extra syns here and there. I am not going to classes or anything, just following it at home.

There is a pregancy section here on the forum (where I keep a diary) - pop by for help and support.

did another test this morning and its definatly there! Cant believe it not even told my OH yet cos cant get my head round it myself think im gunna do one more test sunday morning and hope for a dark line just so that when i show him he can see it straight away lol then we both might believe it. JUst fingers crossed now that everything goes to plan cos im very crampy and abit worried. xxx

did another test this morning and its definatly there! Cant believe it not even told my OH yet cos cant get my head round it myself think im gunna do one more test sunday morning and hope for a dark line just so that when i show him he can see it straight away lol then we both might believe it. JUst fingers crossed now that everything goes to plan cos im very crampy and abit worried. xxx

lol you sound like when i was pg....bought one set of 3, got another set of 3 then bought the digital ones that spell it out with the amount of weeks!!!

I tried to follow sw when pg but it wentout the window in the end!
I have always hated steak but got a massive taste for it when preggers.....delicious with roasted peppers, onions etc and very slimming world friendly!!!

Big congrats by the way and tell your oh!!! Mine refused to look at the test anyway...'ewwww, you weed on that, get it away from me'
oh and cramps- COMPLETELY NORMAL i had them for weeks with both pregnancies (I bled too and all was fine)

Congratulations hun, what terrific news - albeit im slightly jealous as were trying for no.2 with the help of fertility drugs. Its for this reason that I actually spoke to my consultant last night at weigh and explained how im trying etc etc and she said that SW is a great way to eat whilst pregnant. You just have to speak to your midwife when you get one to ensure that she is completely comfortable with it (She will take into account your medical history etc) and providing you get the go ahead then its plan as normal until bubs is born and then if you breastfeed you can have extra HE's.

Hope that helps and wishing you all the luck for a healthy 9 months :D xxx

Following SW is certainly far healthier fo bubs than eating take aways and junk all the time (prob why both my babies were over 9 pounds)
I cant see how extra easy could be anything short of fab for a pregnant person? I'd do anything to go back and be more sensible! You would have thought after having to lose all the weight once I would have been more careful second time!

Whohooo!!! Congrats on the second positive test - told you, lol! Don't worry about the cramps, all part of the deal. Your ligaments that support your uterus are working overtime and will ache from time to time.

Lisa, mine were 9 1/2 and 10 1/2 pounds. I asked my MW yesterday if there was anything I could do diet wise to make sure this one does not tip 11 lbs on the scales, but she just shrugged - it is more down to the genes. I was worried as I eat a lot of fruit and I have read that they use sucrose to fatten up lab animals and induce diabetes, but MW did not seem worried. Still, I am hoping....

I ate loads of fruit when I was pregnant, but my son was only just over 7 lbs, so I reckon its down to genes, sorry!

hey thaks for all the comments :D

Planning on sticking to it as much as i can i dont want to be one of those young mums like looks like theyre still pregnant even when theyve had the baby id be so despressed with myself and i know that wouldnt be any good for either of us. Ive lost 1.5 pounds since i restarted on monday though so thats great! and ive not been totally truthfull with myself about the syns but havent had a proper SW shop yet so not had much to chose from. Going to get a test at dinner to do (AGAIN!) in the morning then going to tell other half, getting my head sorted about it abit now, even though we were trying i just didnt expect it to happen! :p

Hiya congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm 6 weeks 2mo so were about the same... I'm also attempting to follow SW whilst pregnant but failing miserably at the min!!
Started again today though...
I have been getting really bad cramps as welll..... I know most ppl have problems with being sick but I'm deffinately coming out of the other end, which is apparently unusual lol.
Eugh.. might not be being sick but still getting nausious... a decision you don't want to make when heading for the toilet... which end?!
Sorry, lol probably a bit too much info!!
Btw the line on my test was also very faint.....
Back to your original question though SW says it's reccomended by midwifes to follow during pregnancy. However I havn't seen the midwife yet to ask yer about weight loss etc but everything I've read on the internet says you shouldn't try and actively loose weight whilst pregnant but if you are overweight or obese then sometimes it is normal to loose a bit of weight. I would suggest with you being in the normal weight range that your midwife will not want you to loose weight but to try and maintain your healthy weight... I would reccomend maybe having more HE's so you maintain?!?
However this is all guessing and speculation on my half... we both need to ask midwifes lol

Back