sw and ww

blonde8

I have posted this on both diets as I know its probably gonna get mixed reaction. I just want to know what people find better for weight loss and what they enjoy about either plan xx

I like both plans but unfortunately for me this means I switch all the time and get nowhere.

I would say though that I find sw more expensive when I follow it and ww a lot more 'liveable'. If I have a naughty day on ww I don't tend to write off the week as I can just count it but seem to blow it on sw.

If you do like both plans then take a look at the filling and healthy ww plan. You can switch daily between pp and f&h so you get the best of both worlds as f&h is similar to sw.

Good luck,
Dan x

Hi there,

I have no experience with SW so I can only tell you about WW and why I like it. I like WW because I can eat anything I feel like eating as long as it fits into my points. I can eat out and calculate points of foods for eating out. I can also calculate all the foods with labels by using the calculator.
I like that it doesnt feel like a diet to me but more like a lifestyle change. I will continue to do the WW diet after I reach goal.

Good luck making your choice!

I have done both plans, and for me sw was just too expensive....and in the end i was just gaining one week and then losing the other...i found sw to be really negative...but ww i find is cheaper for my weekly shop and so easy to just jot down my points ive eaten and thats it!! With sw it took me 6 months to lose 9lb...with ww i lose 6lb in a week....

I've only done ww but it's really easy for me to point everything as I use the app. You can also buy a calculator to carry with you. On ww you can eat anything as long as you point it which is great for me as nothing becomes forbidden and helps me not to binge in the evenings!

Hi, I love both SW &WW - I lost 5st 9.5lb with SW but hit a plateau so changed over to WW. SW was much easier when eating out whereas I get stuck wtih WW and the points esp if not in the eating out guide. I dont eat WW foods I still cook the same types of foods and weigh them. I dont find either plan more expensive. I like WW as you know where you are wiht the points and have your weeklies if need them. I dont find im hungry most of the time when eating dailies. I find the meetings very different, SW is more relaxed and about you whereas WW is very dictorial they discuss the theme of the week with you - I prefer SW if im honest but it stopped working for me but WW is working now thankfully. I think you should try one and see how you get on and you can always swap.

Wow i feel the exact same as you but opposite....^^ i could never go and eat out with sw!! Cool to see what works for others and doesnt for some

I have followed both plans and have found that WW falls into my life better. I am able to eat whatever i want without any restrictions. With SW i found the plan too restricting. I have lost more weight with WW and found that I don't overeat or eat for the sake of it like I tend to do on SW.
I hope that helps :)

definitely think weight watchers will keep me on track for life. Slimming world felt a bit restrictive to me as struggled to eat out on sw and as someone else said, when I'd had a bad day it would write off the whole plan for me.

If you have time to cook everyday, slimming world might be better but for busy workers who eat out on the run ww is the best option I think.

With weight watchers I find it brilliant tracking on the app, so easy to follow and you can still have the same food, just in moderation.

Can't find the thread you have posted on SW but i find SW to be better for me than WW. I've done WW and found counting everything I eat into a points to time consuming and annoying. I like the Extra Easy plan in SW and find it works for my life style. I hate looking up what every point is and I find its harder eating out on WW and to plan meals, I get very frustrated lol. But hey that's just me lol. Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Can't find the thread you have posted on SW but i find SW to be better for me than WW. I've done WW and found counting everything I eat into a points to time consuming and annoying. I like the Extra Easy plan in SW and find it works for my life style. I hate looking up what every point is and I find its harder eating out on WW and to plan meals, I get very frustrated lol. But hey that's just me lol. Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I agree with that about the counting part it's confusing sometimes as there's different information everywhere you look. For me it's ok as I use the app, I feel like I eat too much on sw although it's healthy

I faffed about with SW and was making really unhealthy decisions like when feeling like I wanted a snack, I was eating a plate of pasta just because it was "free". I also have a sweet tooth and like to have a few drinks at the weekend, so WW is definitely the plan for me. I actually love the fact that I can count down the points I use - it gives me so much satisfaction when I track and work out that I've stayed inside my points - that sounds sad lol but I love it! :p

I have done both. SW is good because it educates you to choose better foods but it does let you have unlimited portions. This is good for not counting or feeling deprived but does not educate you on portion control. That said, people still lose weight so there is nothing wrong with bigger portions if it is the right food. SW does require more cooking, it also is quite limiting on food options where as with ww you can eat what you like as you point it, this gives more variation in diet so less likely to get bored.

WW can leave you hungry if you use your points unwisely. As if you use all points it's just fruit and veg left, although you could be prepared with some 0 point soups.

Back