SW Challenge - 5 ingredients or less!

Curried chicken

Chicken thighs
3x Tomatoes
2xStock cubes
Carrots ( as many as u like)
Curry powder

Method

In a large pan sauté onions and 3tbsp curry power add de skinned chicken thighs the stock cubes and the chopped up tomato. Season, add water so it nearly covers the chicken then add carrots. Cook for about an hour. Serve with rice and veg and roast potatoes. This is my Jamaican Sunday lunch on a regular basis, and it tastes sooooo gd.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

kayleigh39 said:
Hope Puddings are okay :rolleyes:

Banoffee Pudding
7.5 syns (serves one)
1 plain Digestive biscuit, crushed
1 banana
1 x 200g pot of toffee muller light

Put the biscuit crumbs into your serving dish.
Mash the banana (leave a few slices for decoration) and place on top of the crushed biscuit. Pour on your yogurt and pop the remaining slices of banana on top.
Chill before serving.

Why is this 7.5 syns when a digestive is only 3.5? Am I missing something as would love to try this but not if has that many syns x

Why is this 7.5 syns when a digestive is only 3.5? Am I missing something as would love to try this but not if has that many syns x

You're supposed to syn banana when you mash or cook it.

You're supposed to syn banana when you mash or cook it.

Thanks, I get it now! I'm sure this has been said before but surely the banana gets mashed when you chew it!? Just another one of those SW 'rules' that doesn't seem to make any sense, but works!

Oooh I love this idea! Espicially the soups! one of my favourites that I also use for pasta sauce ;

(Chicken &) Sweetcorn Soup

- Bag of Frozen Seetcorn
- 3-4 Spring Onions
- Chicken & veg stotck
- 1/2 cup semolina
- Cooked chicken

-Simmer sweetcorn in water for 15 mins, drain then blend
- Add chopped spriong onions & semolina, blend
- Add c. 1 litre of water as well as one chicken and one vegetable stock cube and seasoning
- Simmer for 15 minutes then blend
(I add Quorn Chicken and pasta and have it for my lunch)

I wouldnt have liked the sound of this if I had just read it but I tried it at a tasting session and it was gorgeous!!

Also risotto you just need onion, garlic, arborio rice, stock and whatever veg you want!

Oooh I love this idea! Espicially the soups! one of my favourites that I also use for pasta sauce ;

(Chicken &) Sweetcorn Soup

- Bag of Frozen Seetcorn
- 3-4 Spring Onions
- Chicken & veg stotck
- 1/2 cup semolina
- Cooked chicken

-Simmer sweetcorn in water for 15 mins, drain then blend
- Add chopped spriong onions & semolina, blend
- Add c. 1 litre of water as well as one chicken and one vegetable stock cube and seasoning
- Simmer for 15 minutes then blend
(I add Quorn Chicken and pasta and have it for my lunch)

I wouldnt have liked the sound of this if I had just read it but I tried it at a tasting session and it was gorgeous!!

Also risotto you just need onion, garlic, arborio rice, stock and whatever veg you want!

Unfortunately you have to syn semolina. 4.5 syns for 25g so Im estimating about 20 or so for half a cup. :(

Unfortunately you have to syn semolina. 4.5 syns for 25g so Im estimating about 20 or so for half a cup. :(

i was just wondering how many semolina was

i wonder if theres a lower syn way to thicken this soup as im assuming thats what its for

A lot of people chuck a bit of intant mash in.
When I do soups I just stick normal potato in, plus whatever spices/stock cubes - if you cook it properly (ie on low for a fair while) the potato/veggies just start to disintegrate round the edges and thicken the soup up all on their own. You can always squash a few of the potatoes down a bit with a masher/spoon to thicken up if needed.
Or when its cooked you can just take a couple of ladles out, stick them in the whizzer and then return them to the soup, voila, thickened soup.
Also try not putting too much water in in the first place / letting it reduce a bit.

Sin free version on Chicken and Sweetcorn soup on E/E.

I can creamed sweetcorn
1/2 pint veg stock
chicken (as much/little as you like) shredded
1 egg
seasoning.

add the sweetcorn, seasoning, chicken and veg stock to pan. Heat and then add beaten egg, stirring quickly.(this also helps to thicken the soup as well as taste)

serve.....real comfort food. you can also add chopped spring onions. so easy but so nice.

need to eat some fruit/veg with your meal to add the super speed foods

Just found this thread, so thought I'd add my dinner which I threw together this evening, because I left what was meant for tea at work!

4 chicken breasts
Pack of bacon (fat removed or use extra lean like me because I'm lazy!)
30g cheddar cheese grated

Get an ovenproof dish (like a lasagne one) put the chicken in and layer the bacon on top. Stick it in the oven for 30 minutes. Take out of the oven, put on the cheese and cook for a further 10 minutes.

You're welcome ;)

Sent by magic from my HTC Desire

Back