SW Chips - microwave ok?

lostfan

I just wondered if it matters if you microwave them before the oven rather than boiling them?

Sounds like a good idea as they wont be all wet and should be more evenly cooked.I'm going to try it. i'm going to try putting sweet potato chips straight in the oven raw coz mine come out soggy and won't brown. They go straight to the burnt stage !

I micro my chips first all the time just make sure you dry the potato chips well with kitchen paper before microwaving otherwise they become soggy and tend to stick together I made some tonight and sprayed with FRYLIGHT BBQ they were lovely

I microwave the potatoes for about 10 mins first, then chop them while they're still hot, skins and all. Yummy!!!

Forgot to say use a cookamesh (1.99-299) to place in oven cuts cooking time and results in crisper chips

Just joined Minimins today and found the reciepe for microwave crisps, tried them tonight couldn't believe how good they were!

If you have your hexa left try cheesy chips, or if you want to feel like your had a naughty dinner try, warm harm pitta chicken with peri peri sauce lots of lettuce, onion, cucumber tomato a salad on the side and cheesy chips you sort of have a kebab/ nandos meal.

Half small brown pitta - hexb
Cheese for chips. - hexa
Peri peri. 1

Sounds so good will have to try it

Back