• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

SW Competitions - Miss Slinky etc

S: 12st5lb G: 8st0lb
Hi everyone,

Being the big kid that I am, I am so sad I didn't get nominated for Miss Slinky this year, but hey ho, I've still a fair bit of weight to go.

Was just wondering if any of you SW veterans know if there are going to be any more competitions coming up that I might have a chance at????

I know! - I probably need to get a life lol

Thanks!!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 21st12lb C: 15st2lb G: 12st5lb BMI: 30.4 Loss: 6st10lb(30.72%)
There's biggest loser as well.

S: 21st12lb C: 15st2lb G: 12st5lb BMI: 30.4 Loss: 6st10lb(30.72%)
Not sure. I should win that as I have the highest weight loss in my group. I'd never be slinky in a million years!

Goodbye_wobbles! said:
Hi everyone,

Being the big kid that I am, I am so sad I didn't get nominated for Miss Slinky this year, but hey ho, I've still a fair bit of weight to go.

Was just wondering if any of you SW veterans know if there are going to be any more competitions coming up that I might have a chance at????

I know! - I probably need to get a life lol

Thanks!!
Miss slinky is for people who have less weight to lose as people with a lot have things like the Greatest loser :)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

There's Woman of the Year (most inspirational), Biggest Loser, Miss Slinky, Top Target Member, Mr & Mrs (or couples so Mrs and Mrs can be eligible)
Probably more, but that's all I can think of!

IanH

Silver Member
S: 27st8.5lb C: 11st11lb G: 11st10.5lb BMI: 23.7 Loss: 15st11.5lb(57.31%)
There's Woman of the Year (most inspirational), Biggest Loser, Miss Slinky, Top Target Member, Mr & Mrs (or couples so Mrs and Mrs can be eligible)
Probably more, but that's all I can think of!
There's also man of the year, and young person of the year too. (young person i think is 21 or under).

Shame there's not a male equivalent to Miss Slinky to give those guys who don't have as much to loose as others a chance of winning something. (I'd not qualify due to my own large loss).

All of these should be run in group, with potential (if you met requirements - which will vary according to the competition) for entry into the national competitions.

Oops, forgot those IanH, sorry!
We rarely get fellas in our group and when we do they don't stay long, and no young people for the last few years either!

S: 13st10lb C: 12st2.5lb G: 10st1lb BMI: 30.7 Loss: 1st7.5lb(11.2%)
My C never mentions any of these. Are they set times of the year?

IanH

Silver Member
S: 27st8.5lb C: 11st11lb G: 11st10.5lb BMI: 23.7 Loss: 15st11.5lb(57.31%)
Couple of the year is generally at the start of the year - Jan or so I think (given the nationals are typically end of February/March)
Greatest Loser is normally last week in February
Man of the Year is April/Early May (for nationals start of July)
Target Member is June (as i recall)
Young Person is July (Nationals in August)
Woman of the year is August (ready for regionals for national competition in October and the semi-finals was about a month ago, with the winner being announced next Saturday).
Miss Slinky - about now.

There are also two (i believe) consultant only competitions - Consultant Slimmer of the Year and Consultant Target Member. With the exception of Greatest Loser - none of the others are open to consultants as far as I know.

The in-group competitions are intended as a fun way to celebrate people's successes over the year. The choice of entering the nationals is totally up to you - but for Greatest Loser the smallest weight loss in the national finals was 13st6 this year (and 12st7 in 2010).