SW - Confusing

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by CoCo, 13 February 2008 Social URL.

1. CoCo

CoCo Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    I have had a good read of my SW book, and it is a bit confusing o say the least:confused: Does anyone else think this, or do I just need to get my head around it all?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. rolo

rolo Full Member

When I first did the diet (half heartedly for a few weeks last year) I found it really confusing too. It is just a case of getting used to it I think. I hardly ever consult my book now.

Roz x

4. CoCo

CoCo Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Looking through the book, I seem to eat the green day food anyway, as I don't eat much meat at all. Maybe I should just carry on with what I eat anyway and stop giving myself a headache:p

5. Bumpy0

Bumpy0 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(12.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi CoCo, I started SW 6 weeks ago. I was so confused that 1st week and carried my SW "Bible" Book EVERYWHERE! Now I am quite confident about it and just remember on Green I weigh meat and Red I Weigh pasta, potatoes etc.

I like a bit of routine and I measure out my milk in the morning and put it in a separate drinks bottle, I then know how much I have used (and how many more cups of tea i can have!) So at breakfast i have already used my Healthy A and 1 B.

Stick with it, it will all be worth it at the end of the week and you step on those scales. You really will get the hang of it!

SammyMac and Happe like this.
  6. SammyMac

SammyMac Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thats really good advice by Bumpy0, i think the key to it is getting organised and planning. I like to do a rough plan for the week ahead and sit down on a Thursday night when i get home from weigh in and do rough menus for a week, write my shopping list for Friday shopping. The menus can be flexible though and i do each day on a seperate piece of paper so i'll sometimes swop days around and maybe do red red green green depending on how i feel.

And CoCo, just ask, we're all here to help you. Have a good day :)

7. SammyMac

SammyMac Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    PS wouldn't like to give you the impression that i'm "Mrs Organised" because usually i'm scatty as can be. Just find that with SW i need to be disciplined!

8. StephCracknell

StephCracknell Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.2%)
    Diet:
    WW Pro points
    Hi Coco

I found it really confusing at first as well. I have done ww so long it was second nature, so doing sw was difficult at first. I find SW much easier to do long term though and love the fact that I can eat whenever I am hungry. It took me about 2 weeks to get into the swing of it, it helped for me to try recipes as well and to plan out meals for the day ahead just to make sure I had enough food with me :). Good luck hon!

x Steph

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.