Sw Crisp

Lindyxx

Can someone tell me how to make these please, do i just cut them really thinly and bung them in micro or do they go in the oven, and what flavouring would I use.

Tried to do a search but couldntfind anything - prob me just being a bit thick lol :confused:

slice some potatoes very thinly
spray the microwave plate with fry light and lay pot on plate dont over lap cook on high for as long as it takes for them to go crispy about 6 mins dep on micro

I just sprinkle mine with a bit of salt. But I suppose you could experiment with a tiny bit of onion salt or some paprika or something :cool:

Ouch!! That was in there quick! Can you explain why they need synning? (and break it do me gently!)

Technically they are free as they are just potato, but because they are not bein gused for their intended purpose, you have to syn them (accrding to my consultant anyway).

Technically they are free as they are just potato, but because they are not bein gused for their intended purpose, you have to syn them (accrding to my consultant anyway).

But not according to my consultant....lol.

Apparently a few weeks back at a group consultants meeting, our consultants were told by the area managers (or whatever they're called) what could be classed as free and what couldn't in the whole list of crisps, lasagne crisps, cous cous cake etc. She was told that whilst cous cous cake and lasagne crisps are definitely out and need to be syn'd, micro crisps were fine.

Personally I would make some and if they affect your losses then eliminate them from your diet.

SW needs to get their act together about these. I was told from head office that cous cous cake and potato crisps are free as you are eating the food in the ways it is intended for cooking. however dreid pasta is not free as you do not normally eat pasta without cooking it. if you grind down the cous cous to make flour then it is not free.

SW needs to get their act together about these. I was told from head office that cous cous cake and potato crisps are free as you are eating the food in the ways it is intended for cooking. however dreid pasta is not free as you do not normally eat pasta without cooking it. if you grind down the cous cous to make flour then it is not free.

That makes sense to me.
I had been making cous cous cake and treating it as free. It didn't make any difference to my weight loss but I haven't done it since I was made aware.
Personally I can't understood the the "science" behind it. The amount of cous cous in a cake which I don't eat in one go is less than the amount I eat as a meal.
I have not made the crisps but I would apply the same logic.
I apply my logic, which may be wrong, of it it works that is fine... go for it!

Back