SW food/meals that your partners like? (Even though they're not following SW!)

WhitePigeon

Silver Member
Hi all,

I'm staying at my boyfriend's house this evening and am going to cook dinner for us... Usually, this would be fine however I'm a bit concerned that as he knows I'm following SW, he's expecting something bland and boring, I'd like to prove him wrong.

What meals do you like on SW that 'feel' not particularly healthy but actually are okay for you?

E.g. I'm thinking of either doing chicken breast wrapped in bacon with SW wedges and salad, or homemade beef burgers with SW wedges and veg/salad.

Any thoughts ideas would be greatly received. :D:eek:

P.S. Meals containing meat would be fab because as far as the boyfriend is concerned, if it doesn't have a 'meat' of some kind in it, it isn't a meal. (Think he wishes he was a caveman to be honest.) :p ;)

Umm, personally I think all meals would be okay because they are just 'normal' meals suitable for the whole family, and not immediately recognisable as diet foods.

But why not check out www.slimmingeats.com as BritMum's meals are always great. I'm sure you will find something there. Take a look at the lasagne recipes ;)

Umm, personally I think all meals would be okay because they are just 'normal' meals suitable for the whole family, and not immediately recognisable as diet foods.

But why not check out www.slimmingeats.com as BritMum's meals are always great. I'm sure you will find something there. Take a look at the lasagne recipes ;)

Thank you. The recipes look fabulous at a first glance, that's exactly what I was looking for! :)

I think the chicken breast wrapped in bacon etc is a fab idea

I also do a pasta bake we all eat, ie cooked pasta. 1-2 cartons passatta, 1-2 garlic cloves, 1 onion chopped small, 4 rashers bacon chopped and dry fried with the onion and garlic. 2 cooked chicken breasts, italian herbs, basil, mix together and sprinkle a HEXA of mozerella over the top and pop in the oven to brown.

I've just made a jumbalaya, found it in recipe thread, just had a quick taste and it's lovely.

Depending on how many syns you want to use, the other day I cooked piri piri chicken (from SW mag) with chorizo potatoes, worked out 7 syns cos of the chorizo but hubby loved it and kept talking about it all night!

SW chips:D:D:D:D

Cook him a steak! With thick chips, grilled mushrooms and broccoli. Yum!

Carbonarra is lovely with bacon and mushrooms, cheese as a hex a with quark and an egg as the sauce. Its really creamy and yummy but free on EE! x

I love Piri Piri chicken (made with the Schwartz Piri Piri shake on herb), big chunky SW chips, Corn on the Cob with some Swet chilli sauce.... yum!

Thanks everyone! :-D there's some great ideas! Not sure what we'll have tonight now as so many options and yet to go shopping but thanks again you clever bunch. :)

Sw donner kebab meat, sw chips, salad, homemade coleslaw & beans :) and wholemeal pitta if you have a spare HExB x

Chilli con carne with sw wedges and salad with a blob of greek 0% yog is always a winner in our house ( do a big enuf batch to have with jacket and salad for t tomo :) )

Illbethin1day :) said:
Sw kebab meat y have i not heard ov this??? Haha. How do u do this?? :)

It's in the recipe section but if you can't find it let me know and I'll post it for you x

Shepherds pie is good man food in my house. Plus one of OHs favourite dinners is the mango chicken.

new potatoes, sugar snap peas, an onion, chicken and one level tbsp mixed with one level tbsp of water per person.
It goes lovely and sticky in the oven, plus all you have to do is mix everythign together stick on a baking tray and wait.

Let us know what you made :)

Back