SW Frozen Meals - An Overview of all

lt52

Silver Member
Ok so i've now tried all but one of the frozen meals available - the only one i haven't tried is the salmon and i really really hate it so i won't even waste the money trying something i know i won't like.

What i wanted to do was create a discussion thread on all the meals, i have all the separate ones going on other threads but i kind of wanted to discuss and rank them all and give my views on them all and see what others are thinking too.

For me, each has it positives and negatives. I am a stick in the mud about paying £3 for a ready meal, at that price i don't expect to have to add things to it, bit of rice, ok but a plate of veg - not so much for me. I can make a sensible meal with a chicken base for £3 and buying multipacks etc does keep costs down so for me £3 is enough to pay on a meal. Trying to put them in a numbered order would be quite difficult as each has there own plus points and negatives points but i will take into account, value, taste, additional food to make it a meal, if its a watery mess like some of them lol.

1) Chicken Pizziaola
This one for me has delicious chicken and flavour, it does need something adding to it, but for me the flavour, taste and chicken wins
2) Chicken Tikka Masala
I normally have a WW one - so a syn free tasty curry is quite outstanding, very spicy and curry taste, you do need to add rice but its ok for me
3) Singapore Noodles
This tastes a little bit Thai to me, my take on a noodle dish is a sticky mess! I like the Prawns with the chicken - i only want a little more of each lol
4) Sweet Potato Curry
Liked this more than i thought, i chose rice with it - carb overload. Did make me feel full but there needs to be something else
5) Roasted Vegetable Pasta
This for me although a little watery - was nicer than i thought, but there needs to be something with it which lets it down LOADS
6) Pasta and Meatballs
For me, a mess, wet spinach, wet sauce, small pasta portion - tasted nice but not enough for me and what could you really add?
7) Beef in Red onion Gravy
The veg crush had a weird taste for me, the beef was a little disappointing but i enjoyed the gravy. If that's all its got going for it... well!
8) Salmon Thing :|
Disgusting. Hate Salmon - not even going to try it so it comes bottom for me.

I've not listed the meatballs and Sausages as they aren't meals as such. I do love the sausages - anyone who can create a syn free sausage that is meat based is a genius in my eyes lol. The meatballs are lovely too - they have a nice Italian taste to them. Probably things i will buy more often to make my own stuff with. The meals i will probably only get the Chicken Pizziaola, as i can't get chicken that soft and my tomato based sauces are a disgrace lol. Chicken Tikka Curry, as i love curry but can't make them despite all my efforts! and Singapore Noodles (mostly as my noodle dishes are a sticky mess lol) otherwise the others won't be something i have too often or too regular at all, maybe just when i'm bored or fancy a change.

So what are your overall views on them, i know they are only convenience meals but i still want to have a strong opinion on them all lol

Lee

9516402-large.jpg

I've only tried 3 so far:-

Salmon farfalle - loved the taste (am a huge salmon lover) but the portion was too big to be just a pasta dish. I always try to have veggies/salad with this sort of meal but I would end up over eating or leaving some. fave so far (sorry lt52!)

Sweet potato curry - loved this but again would rather have less and add some vegies

Chicken tikka - enjoyed this too. had it last night with some spinach and a bag of steam fresh veg. The chicken was really tender

I've still got the roast veg pasta to try but will be sharing as a side sish

Also have the meatballs and sausages but not got around to trying them yet

have to say they dont taste like "normal" ready meals - they are much tastier

I've only tried 3 so far:-

Salmon farfalle - loved the taste (am a huge salmon lover) but the portion was too big to be just a pasta dish. I always try to have veggies/salad with this sort of meal but I would end up over eating or leaving some. fave so far (sorry lt52!)

Sweet potato curry - loved this but again would rather have less and add some vegies

Chicken tikka - enjoyed this too. had it last night with some spinach and a bag of steam fresh veg. The chicken was really tender

I've still got the roast veg pasta to try but will be sharing as a side sish

Also have the meatballs and sausages but not got around to trying them yet

have to say they dont taste like "normal" ready meals - they are much tastier

Haha - the most decent one as it seems is the one i can't even bring meself to try! Gutted! lol

They most certainly don't taste like normal ready meals that is for sure... i don't mind having them in an using them, not all the time but sometimes they are much better than what i can make so i probably am WAY better off lol.

Not bad for frozen ready meals

If you haven't got a slow cooker in your life you need one.Just throw some veg,chicken, tin toms and herbs or curry paste/powder in and you get nice soft chicken.:)
You can't go wrong.This is in mine for dinner tonight. :)

Nice idea - i've done the pulled pork/gammon - i shall have to try some new stuff

If you haven't got a slow cooker in your life you need one.Just throw some veg,chicken, tin toms and herbs or curry paste/powder in and you get nice soft chicken.:)
You can't go wrong.This is in mine for dinner tonight. :)

View attachment 169402

Total advocate for the slow cooker.

In mine I currently have leftover leg of lamb that I had Sunday, loads of veg and baby spuds .

The leg went in bones n all at half 8 this morning and I just a few minutes ago literally lifted the bone out by itself.

Love coming home to a stewy smelling house.
Xx

Total advocate for the slow cooker.

In mine I currently have leftover leg of lamb that I had Sunday, loads of veg and baby spuds .

The leg went in bones n all at half 8 this morning and I just a few minutes ago literally lifted the bone out by itself.

Love coming home to a stewy smelling house.
Xx

That sounds amazing! Better than and Frozen meals - i love lamb when its nice - normally mine is always crappy :(

I have tried the tikka, found it too hot,and the noodles was hot as well, i have the salmon one to try,i don't even know if i like salmon

Yeah they are such a nice and hot curries I love that about them lol. I don't like salmon so I've stayed WELL away lol..... Started a twitter if anyone wants to check it out, on my name the twitter logo or @taylorl2506

Thanks for this! I want to get a few to keep in the freezer for emergencies so now I know which ones to go for!

Haha, not sure its best to follow my advice lol..... just me thoughts on what i've found out... i may have been a little harsh lol

I haven't tried them yet cos the most interesting ones have meat, and I don't eat meat. I wish they could've put more superfree/speed veg in the curry instead of sweet potatoes which I consider a carb!

For now I am sticking to batch-cooking lots of stews and things, but I only have a shelf freezer at the top of my fridge so can't store very much for emergencies :(

That's a shame, but it's worth a try for them if you want to try them and see if it helps. I went in to see what was going on ye yesterday, they were on offer but had NONE in my local Iceland

Omg the chicken curry was so hot I had to add about half a pot of fromage frai my friend had the noodles an said this is very spicy hot to an the sausages taste very much like corn ones to me

Omg the chicken curry was so hot I had to add about half a pot of fromage frai my friend had the noodles an said this is very spicy hot to an the sausages taste very much like corn ones to me

Loved the chicken curry - had it again today. There is defo some taste and spice to some of these lol

I've only tried the tikka masala so far, didn't bother with rice just added cooked sugar snap peas, broccoli and mushrooms for the last 10 mins of cooking...have to say it was very spicy..far tastier than any frozen curry i've had before. :)

I've only tried the tikka masala so far, didn't bother with rice just added cooked sugar snap peas, broccoli and mushrooms for the last 10 mins of cooking...have to say it was very spicy..far tastier than any frozen curry i've had before. :)

I totally agree very spicy and tasty, one of the best and i can't make them so i wouldn't be able to make anything either. Had it today - with rice, was yum!

Hi everyone
Tried 2 of the frozen meals this weekend for the first time.
Chicken pizzaiola - large butterfly chicken breast in a yummy tomato and herb sauce. Was so surprised at the decent size of it and tasted really lovely, I had veg with it.
Meatballs and pasta in a spicy tomato sauce - again was really surprised how good this was. Meatballs very tasty and you get 6 of them and the sauce was plentiful and yummy too, yes the spinach was wet but it is in a sauce so it's fine with me.
Portion sizes are very generous
Got both of them for a fiver at Iceland, bargain..

I have had some more in the freezer this weekend with the offer.... I do like the chicken pizzaiola.... They never seem to have them in my Iceland, as well as most of the others too lol

Hi my Iceland didn't have the Singapore noodles which was a shame as really wanted to try those. Oh well, let's hope our Icelands gets all them some day

Yeah.... Mine is rubbish it's like pot luck, they may have one in and you have to pray it's the one you want lol.
I have tried that, it is nice reminds me of Thai food more than.... Well I'm not sure what, or what I was expecting

Back