SW Frozen Meals - An Overview of all

Had the tikka masala last night and found it very spicy! My OH shared it with me and he thought it was nice though.

Had the Meatballs and pasta, again, the red chillis made it hard to eat but the meat itself was just gorgeous- I imagine that's what the bagged meatballs taste like.
Had the sausages on Saturday as bangers and mash (wow!) but I think I will stay with the GF ones, the skin on them was really weird I couldn't get past it!

The roasted veg pasta is nice, but some of the textures of the veg were a bit weird! The salmon farafalle is nice, but nothing special. Have definitely made nicer salmon pasta dishes myself! Did NOT like the Singapore noodles, thought the prawns were rotten so won't try that one again!

Have the sweet potato curry and the beef w/veg crush for the week if I need them :)

Ooo fab we are finding similarities with them then.... I won't lie the beef one was the weirdest for me. I've just managed to find another sweet potato one so shall have that at some point this week, just to give it another go

I haven't tried any meals yet, but I did taste a meatball last week and found them really peppery.

I haven't tried any meals yet, but I did taste a meatball last week and found them really peppery.

Oh right, i don't get that.... i get an strong taste, italian style - maybe its just me....

I've really struggled to find most of these! I did manage to pick up the Singapore noodles but I'm going to save them for when my boyfriend wants a Chinese so that I can have those while he has a takeaway! I know people have been saying that they're a decent size, but it really looks like a massive portion!

Yeah i went today.... managed to pick up the Vegetable Pasta and a Singapore noodles..... but that's all they had - nothing else. Last week when i went i picked up some more sausages but nothing else was in again....
I do like the singapore noodles - i think its ok..... portion size.... not bad either - would be nice to have more prawns and chicken in my opinion - i get a very Thai taste to it

Hi All
Well after two enjoyable SW frozen meals ( meatballs and pasta - chicken pizziola) thought I'd try the salmon pasta with tomato sauce tonight. Thought this was awful to be honest, pasta was ok but the salmon which I normally love tasted very processed and the tomato sauce.... What tomato sauce?? There was a slight red water in the bottom of the tray but not tomatoey at all..
Also realised that the pasta in these meals is white, fine with me but SW tell you time and again to change white pasta to wholemeal?? Maybe they should practice what they preach.

Hi All
Well after two enjoyable SW frozen meals ( meatballs and pasta - chicken pizziola) thought I'd try the salmon pasta with tomato sauce tonight. Thought this was awful to be honest, pasta was ok but the salmon which I normally love tasted very processed and the tomato sauce.... What tomato sauce?? There was a slight red water in the bottom of the tray but not tomatoey at all..
Also realised that the pasta in these meals is white, fine with me but SW tell you time and again to change white pasta to wholemeal?? Maybe they should practice what they preach. 

I had no idea about the pasta thing - i've always had white pasta - never wholemeal - interesting..... Does anyone know of any official rules here as i am not a regular member. There is a watery based theme with them, but that's just how it is lol

Can't say im a fan of the meatballs. .maybe I should have browned them in fry light first. Even with a lovely salsa type sauce they just tasted bland to me..any tips?

I had no idea about the pasta thing - i've always had white pasta - never wholemeal - interesting..... Does anyone know of any official rules here as i am not a regular member. There is a watery based theme with them, but that's just how it is lol

I've been a member of 2 different groups in the past including the one with now and both consultants have said bread, rice and pasta change it to wholemeal..

Erm, not sure.... I like your idea of browning them first... I do cook them a little longer. For me, then need a nice sauce and melted cheese

Forgot to add on the end if that... I made like a pizza with them. I used an omelette as the base, with tomato puree, fresh tomatoes slices, melted hexa cheese, fried onions, a few herbs and soke mushrooms I had that needed using, then halved the meatballs to go on too - that was really nice

Thank you for this! I'd been considering buying some of the ready meals, will get some now I think.

To be fair they are worth trying..... and for the price and considering they are frozen meals, they are top quality in fairness... let us know what you like

To be fair they are worth trying..... and for the price and considering they are frozen meals, they are top quality in fairness... let us know what you like

We had the chicken tika last night. was a lovely flavour but a bit lacking on the amount of chicken I think. I shared it with my partner and we had rice too. considering adding our own chicken with it i think next time.

havent tried any others as the tika was the only one in my local iceland x

I've never heard them say 'change white pasta into wholemeal pasta'. Pasta is a free food whether it's white or brown, same with rice. I've changed to wholemeal for myself and find it tastes much more filling than white pasta but that was a personal choice, not because I joined SW.

As for the meals, I've tried a few of them and enjoyed the: Chicken Pizziaola, Singapore Noodles, Pasta & Meatballs, sausages and the meatballs - I've taken to turning them into scotch eggs for nibbles at work!

Tried the Salmon and Beef meal but both were so bad I couldn't finish them. Agree with you lt52 - the 'vegetables' tasted really strange. The salmon also had a weird texture and taste regardless of microwave/oven so I won't be going back to that again.

Interesting that you've found the same as me with the meals....

I reckon I might have go experiment with cooking in the oven to see if there's much of a difference

Had the noodles yesterday for lunch done in the microwave as needed it to be quick the prawns seemed to disappear (shrink to the size of shrimps ) to be honest I just picked the chicken out of it an left the rest. Would love for them to do some frozen Rostis or bubble an squeak would be quick for breakfast with beans or egg an save on my b Item as I tend to use this in the morning

A good breakfast one would be helpful as I too always end up using a b option.... I find the same with the noodles but I do still enjoy them quite a bit. This one could be my first experiment with one and see if it makes a difference in the oven

A all day s/w breakfast with plain omelette egg a s/w sausage bacon an beans sounds gd to me if icelands can s/w can lol

Back