SW Frozen Meals - An Overview of all

A all day s/w breakfast with plain omelette egg a s/w sausage bacon an beans sounds gd to me if icelands can s/w can lol

I like your thinking and keep me fingers crossed that it could actually happen lol

Had the beef in veg crush over the weekend and loved it. First one I though was a nice meal, not just a nice microwave meal. Probably the only one I'll buy again!

That is so interesting as thats one of the few I have been least impressed with... Interesting what people find lol

So many different people have so many different tastes. I guess it's hard to cater for all of them.

I agree on the rostis though, they would be a really useful addition to my freezer if they made those.

Very true..

..I've opted for the over over the microwave today, i did the Pasta and Roasted Vegetables - not bad, nothing major in differences - some of the veg kept its form and was a little less mushy but i kinda prefer it mushy lol. I will say though a couple of bits of pasta were a little hard still - i found that very hard to believe, i mixed it 10 mins from the end and gave it a few minutes extra (i may have forgotten all about it lol)

So for me not much of a difference so i'm not sure if i'll do another in the oven if there isn't that much difference

Had the singapore noodles for tea tonight, bit disappointed as it was really watery and I ended up having to drain it off. May have been less watery if I'd have cooked it in the oven but I was in a rush. Meatballs and pasta is still my fav up to now :)

Had the singapore noodles for tea tonight, bit disappointed as it was really watery and I ended up having to drain it off. May have been less watery if I'd have cooked it in the oven but I was in a rush. Meatballs and pasta is still my fav up to now :)

Tried it in the oven.... didn't really ever notice a difference in sauce thickness - maybe a little bit, the same with the vegetable pasta one. I prefer them done in the microwave to be honest

Hi! I had the Singapore chow mein for tea tonight and thought it was foul. It tasted really strongly of chinese five spice which made it really sweet. Ah well you live and learn!
Sal x

Hi! I had the Singapore chow mein for tea tonight and thought it was foul. It tasted really strongly of chinese five spice which made it really sweet. Ah well you live and learn!
Sal x

I do enjoy it, but its quite 'curried' and spicy, i was expecting it be more chinesey or something - i don't quite get the taste of chinese five spice.... but when i have it again i would love to that in the back of my mind and see if it is something i pick up on.

Hello :wavey:

I'm new to posting to this forum but have always had a gander.

I've so far tried the Pasta with Meatballs, Singapore noodles and the Chicken Tikka. The Tikka was GORGEOUS and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The pasta and meatballs was fine but I was not keen on the noodles - quite a strange taste to me.

Has anyone tried recreating these using the recipes on the packaging. I think I would like to try to make the tikka one just out of curiosity as to if I can make it as tasty, if not better, and compare the costs of making from scratch compared with the £3.

Hello :wavey:

I'm new to posting to this forum but have always had a gander.

I've so far tried the Pasta with Meatballs, Singapore noodles and the Chicken Tikka. The Tikka was GORGEOUS and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The pasta and meatballs was fine but I was not keen on the noodles - quite a strange taste to me.

Has anyone tried recreating these using the recipes on the packaging. I think I would like to try to make the tikka one just out of curiosity as to if I can make it as tasty, if not better, and compare the costs of making from scratch compared with the £3.

Hi,

Yeah i have tried to re-create some - but with no win! Although if you've seen some of my other threads you will probably know my cooking skills are pretty shocking to say the least lol.

I've tried making many a sticky noodle mess lol. I've tried a tikka curry mess a long time ago, it was a similar type of recipe but that was a disaster! I've tried a tomato based sauce like the chicken and vegetable pasta dish but nothing that nice really lol.

My cooking skills are pretty shocking - so i welcome people to try and see what else they can do and any tips would be most welcome, but no-one has managed to improve my skills lol.

Let us know how your re-creations work!
Lee :)

I have tried this but it kinda failed and went a bit dry and weird. I did the chicken tikka in the oven yesterday the sauce wasn't much different to microwave but I will say the chicken was even softer and nicer, and I quite like it in the microwave lol

1) Chicken Pizziaola
2) Chicken Tikka Masala
4) Sweet Potato Curry
View attachment 169396

Wish the freezer looked like that at my store yesterday! A good 30 minute walk to get there in the hopes of trying the three above and not one of them was there. Plenty of the salmon though :cry: Bought myself some of the sausages and meatballs to not come away empty handed but I've not actually planned them into any meals for this week - will try to get 'em in next week.

If you're no good at tomato based sauces, what did you cook the meatballs with??

Wish the freezer looked like that at my store yesterday! A good 30 minute walk to get there in the hopes of trying the three above and not one of them was there. Plenty of the salmon though :cry: Bought myself some of the sausages and meatballs to not come away empty handed but I've not actually planned them into any meals for this week - will try to get 'em in next week.

If you're no good at tomato based sauces, what did you cook the meatballs with??

I had them plain, i prefer plain things mostly but recently like having a sauce instead of using tomato sauce. I just did them with some melted cheese and pasta. Pretty bland but i don't mind.

Yeah more recently my iceland has been loads better - they tend to have more of the meals and less of the of the sausages and meatballs now, whereas before it was the other way around. The Salmon one is not one i want but they always have that.

To make you jealous.... i may have one of each of the ones you want in my freezer lol :p

Have tried the noodle one - which was not vwery nice at all.
Have also tried the sweet potato curry one which was passable but I make one of my own which is ten times better.

The only one I have like so far are the meatballs which I thought were really nice and would definately have them again.

At £3.00 they are overpriced and would rather make my own meals.

Lara

I do agree in some respects they are quite over priced and people can cook better, much better.

However, I can't lol. It's quite sad that my meals are puttitful compared to over priced frozen ready meals lol

Back