SW Frozen Meals - An Overview of all

Yeah I have. Was a little disappointed. But for a frozen meal it's ok. The veg crush tasted weird and needsed the gravy to make it edible iny opinion. The beef was ok but nothing special. That one would probably be much better oven cooked, let us know what you think of it

I don't tend to buy ready prepared meals but I love meatballs but hate making them so grabbed some at the weekend to try... Any cooking recommendations?

I liked the beef and veg crush well enough, but I wouldn't have it more than once, it was a bit runny and chemically.

The one l liked best was the chicken pizziola, which was nice, but that's the easiest for me to recreate at short notice.

I really liked thw chicken too, it's really nice!
I have tried the, easy, recreation - didn't work!

Just had the beef & veg crush for tea and I loved it, I did it in the oven as lt52 suggested and it turned out really well. I didn't find it watery at all like some of the other meals and the beef was nice. I'll deffo be purchasing again!

Fab dead chuffed for ya! I've kinda had the same thing, home cooked but by my sister - was really nice but far beyond me own cooking skills for sure!

Lee, since you keep having issues with watery sauces, have you thought of cooking the meal then putting the bits of meat/veg etc onto your plate, then thickening the watery sauce that's left with a tsp or two of gravy granules or thickening granules? They're quite low syn and might well improve things for you - in an easy way! :)

Oooo good thinking. I think I've managed to master a very basic tomato one, but it is just that basic but at least that's one down lol!
Thank you

You're more than welcome - congrats on the awesome achievement of successfully making a sauce of any variety!!!

I know! Get Me!

I have just brought the syn free sausages, and I love them!!!

Can I just confirm that they are syn free on all plans? Seems too good to be true :)

A free sausage does seem to good to be true but hell yeah we got them!

I just did them with some melted cheese and pasta. Pretty bland but i don't mind.
That doesn't sound bad to me :) I happily had Pasta, Broccoli and Cooked Ham mixed with 2 sprays of Garlic Infuse Fry Light for tea last night (and again for lunch today!) but mrs found it too bland..

To make you jealous.... i may have one of each of the ones you want in my freezer lol :p

...mean. :cry: I'm new! You're meant to be nice to me (even if I reply days late) haha :)

That doesn't sound bad to me :) I happily had Pasta, Broccoli and Cooked Ham mixed with 2 sprays of Garlic Infuse Fry Light for tea last night (and again for lunch today!) but mrs found it too bland..
...mean. :cry: I'm new! You're meant to be nice to me (even if I reply days late) haha :)

That sounds really really nice!

and to disappoint further....... i just got some more today to keep on my stock and i got those three you wanted again :| whoopsie! My bad lol

Haha could happen although I am pretty sure they will welcome all Sw members to stock on up.... I hope!

I tried the Singapore Noodles first, I removed the prawns as don't like them. I'd give it a 6 out of 10. It's a big portion which is good, I cooked it in the microwave, I also found it a bit watery. I had high hopes but was disappointed as it just tasted like noodles and curry powder which I could have made myself. Probably not the safest thing to do, but I saved some of the noodles and veg and reheated the next day by stir frying in fry light and they tasted much nicer. Would probably buy again for days I'm in a rush.

The beef and veg crush I didn't like at all, I'd give it 3 out of 10. Cooked it in the microwave. Again a big portion which Is good but very, very watery. I even tried thickening it with gravy granules and still wasn't impressed. Was like eating beef with onion water. The beef had lumps of gristle (sp?) and fat on it and was chewy. Quite a tasteless meal, but didn't mind the veg crush too much. Definitely wouldn't buy this again.

They are quite expensive at £3, especially when the Weight Watchers meals in the next freezer were on offer for 89p! I was really hoping they would make things taste amazing in a way we would find it hard to do in our own kitchens. They must have had food scientists creating these so could have done better. The positives are they are very large portions, the variety, they are syn free and they are all made with healthy and natural ingredients. No chemical names you've never heard of just good ingredients.

I also have the sausages and Chicken Tikka to try and may try the Pizzola but tweak it by adding cheese or something. Thanks for reviewing these, it's good to hear others opinions before we buy them :)

My pleasure I'm glad people are benefitting from having them reviewed!
My biggest issue is I can't cook so these meals are waaaaay better than my own cooking lol.
The Singapore noodles is nice, I've had it since and noticed the prawns shrivel up a bit, a shame!
I found the beef crush thing a little chewy too, again another shame.
I agree with you they are fab and totally find all of your positives completely true and with you on them 100%
I agree the price is mental.... I guess if you have syns to spare the ww aren't bad but I do find them small and a little deflating lol

Back