SW is a revalation!

Cheekypasterfield

Rather comfy here
I had my baby April 2009 and promptly started on the road to losing the 3 stone baby weight! I was sucessful with WW and lost all the baby weight in 9 months. I must admit it was hard work but worth it.

However as much as I do like WW I had enough of counting points. So the beginning of this year I borrowed my friend SW books and within 3 weeks I have lost 1/2 stone!

What a revalation! I really cant believe how fantastically well SW works! Even though I lost 3 stone on WW, I constantently thought about food, I would manipulate the points on my main meals to have snacks. I never felt relaxed.

YET.....on SW my whole view has changed. I enjoy that I can have the size meal I want without having to restrict it because of points. I have no interest in snacks anymore but if I do want a treat I have always got my syns.

I finally feel relaxed and although I am losing weight, I can honestly say I dont feel like Ive been on a diet.

One thing I did want to ask is how does the maintance plan work? On WW you get additional points, is this the same for SW?

I only have 1 stone to lose now, and at the moment I am not attending the classes. My friend has been my mini leader.

So here is a big cheer to SW!

Last edited:
That is fantastic and I agree with you that SW is so NOT a diet :D

In terms of maintenance my consultant told me that you start by adding 1 extra HE and if you're still loosing then add another one until your weight stabilises. Syns stay the same though.

I am doing maintenance now.
In a way that is the hardest. Everyone does it differently.
My councilor advises that I can do what Honeyoc says, which is good advice, but I battle to eat my Hexbs as it is as I gave up bread and don't eat cereal or cereal bars as they make me too bloated.
She says that some people stay with the same syns (15) through the week and loosen up over the weekend, and some up the syns daily until they find the amount that suits them.
I upped my syns to about 20 last week, and lost 2.5 pounds! This week I had some days of 20, some of 10 and one flexi syn day with about 50 and I STS.
This week I am going to try and up my HEXb with something, not sure what but will read the options and try 20 syns a day and see how I do.

It most certainly is!!

I started slimming world last april and i seriously though i would get about a stone or so off then that would be it but here i am 9 months on 3stone 2.5lbs lighter! It has changed my life and my perception of food for the better.I cant believe that i am so close to being the weight i have always wanted to be and i know how to stay there!

I feel like i know the secret to dieting!!!

Im jealous I had my son in April 09 too and ive only lost a bit of my baby weight - but now that I have found SW I will get there and soon enough too. I feel it promotes normal healthy eating which is where we all need to be for life really and yet it is easy too :)

I agree with you wholeheartedly cheekypasterfield!! It's so yummy and encouraging me to cook and experiment! I'm just about to tuck into the kofta curry with rice recipe in the SW magazine! I'm smitten!!X

Back