SW Low Syn Chicken Kebab

lizzie_g

I just created my own version of a chicken kebab and I wanted to share it as it was (if I may say so myself) blinkin lovely!! And the whole lot was 6 1/4 syns. I should have taken a photo but it smelled so good that I dived straight in, next time I'll get a pic tho!

First I marinated the chicken for a few hours in a pot of muller light Greek coconut yoghurt and a hot spice mix. The yoghurt gave it a bit of a sticky coating which tasted lovely. The yoghurt is 1/2 syn per pot and one pot marinated enough for two people. I cooked the chicken on a griddle pan sprayed with fry light on a really hot heat so that bits of the chicken caught and blackened, for a bit of BBQ effect.

Served this with sw chips coated in spice mix, sw coleslaw made with two level tbs lighter than light mayo (1 syn), shredded lettuce and one Mission mini wheat wrap which are 5 syns each. I also made a hot hot sauce with a bit of tomato purée, ghost chilli extract, lemon juice and a splash of water and it knocked the socks off the stuff from the takeaway!

I'm so chuffed with this recipe, it's a serious contender for any kebab lovers :)

I also do a chicken kebab type meal but I use cooked chicken chunks, cover it in Cajun spice add a splash or 2 of soy sauce and a tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce and cook till sticky, I do use a pitta (wrap optional) and have it with loads of salad and sw chips! I know it has a few syns but well worth it

Back