SW Newbie!! help please

Nonna_edmo

Hi Everyone

Im starting SW diet along with my dad. I was wondering if you lovely clued up people might be able to give us a bit of help :).

We do not have access to the online resource and wont be going to meetings but do have the Food Optimising book with all the syn values in and the Red/Green day free food lists.

Im just after a bit of advice about how many syns we should aim to have, is having 15 usually the average?

We think we will just be doing red and green days with one a and 2 b choices a day as the mix2max and extra easy are too complicated for us :confused:.

How did all of you manage to loose your weight, did you stick to certain days (red/green) or do a particular plan? i know everyone is different but im just wondering what everyone found to suit
them best? just nosey really :ashamed0005:

Iv had a look at the FAQ's which are Fab! But any more tips/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thankyou!
Donna xxx

extra easy is exactly that! easy you have 1 healthy extra a and B ach day and can eay unlimited foods from the free lists

I have lost nearly 1stone in 3 months (didn't have a large amount to lose in the first place) I have between 3 and 15 syns a day - depends on how I am feeling/cravings etc! If you don't have the syns, when you get to near target, you have less to cut back on, I am about 5lb from target now, and lose between .5 and 1.5lb each week, which I am very happy with.

Hi,
To start with i would say to have the full 15 syns a day, then if your losses slow, you can cut them back.
The extra easy plan is just that EASY.
as above poster said you can have 1 each of HEA and HEB on the orange pages in your book. and all the free food on the red or green pages BUT................ this is the twist with it you MUST fill your plate at each meal with 1/3rd SUPERFREE. this is to prevent you eating just red and green free. it acts as a portion control and fills you up on veggies and not meat or carbs.

I personally do 100% green as a veggie. hubby does 6 green 1 red a week and has some meat in the form of a HEB on green days.
I couldnt pile enough veggies into him to make the EE work for him so red/green works well for us.

I think they generally advice anywhere from 5-15 syns a day (I tend to stick to 10 a day, 70 a week as a target), its tempting to not have syns at all sometimes but Ive found that has actually hindered my weight loss in the past so some syns are definately good.

Extra easy is definately one of the easiest of the options as for me it really doesnt reqire any weighing etc apart from one Healthy extra a & b a day. It depends on your diet, I like meat and carbs (pasta/potatoes) with most meals so EE is the easiest as all I have to do is make sure I balance these with lots of superfree veg.

Good luck hun, Ive been doing it with both parents and it definately helps having other family members doing it too :D

hi when i started back with s/w i couldn't get my head around extra easy it went against all i had learnt the last time i was following the plan (it was green or red) but now i do it all the time and it is very easy to follow and i find it's easy if u r eating out cause u can always find something on the menu that fits in, u will find there is always someone on here ready to give you help and advice so don't be frightened to ask good luck to both of you :)

Thanks everyone!! thats really helpfull, dont know why we thought it was so complicated! :) Think we will try the EE plan then.

Are you able to bank your syns to have a drink at the weekend or is that a really bad thing to do?

Yes you are able to use your syns weekly if you prefer - it does not work for some people though so try and see how you get on!

Dont forget on red and green you can have 2 healthy A choices and 2 healthy B choices - make the most of them :)

Back