Sw on a budget !?

I don't get fresh veg now just fruit and that's mostly citrus fruit, yellow sticker tropical fruit and special offers

Got to try this week
Asda ratatouille under 50p - split can to two meals

Chickpea dahl -95p very pricey but thinking added to mushy peas may stretch it to 3 portions

Other than that got enough to last two to three weeks in staples. No meat helps! !

Will need some fruit

Larder
2kg pasta (value or offers)
500g rice
Pasta n sauce
Chickpea
Passata
Various tomato & mixes - olives and one with garlic
Beans
Tofu
Sweetcorn
Soy sauce
Relish
Almond breeze
Alpen (stash from offer! )

Fridge
Marinated tofu
Cheezley
Oranges
Sparkling water

Freezer
Quorn steak strips
curly chips
Quorn mince
Stir fry veg

Loads in! ! I cleared out the larder ... much easier now it's alk organised!

I'm lucky that I have a really good fruit and veg market in my town, I team up with a friend and we buy a few things each and share them, more variety for your money ! :)

you should make the mushy pea curry cost about £2 to make and you get about 4 meals from it plus you have curry powder left over to make it again :)

Oh also, never buy lentils, rice, spices, tins of chickpeas or kidney beans etc in the normal aisles - always go to the world foods section. They're a fraction of the price!
Liz
X

I've noticed this - strange eh!

I was quite surprised when we discussed it in group, many people are not aware of when different fruit and veg are in season, buying seasonal produce helps keep the cost down !

well this week i tried to keep my prices down and it worked i only spend £25 this week:)

i made speed soup so that done my lunches each day, cost about £4 to make but ive got some soup in the freezer for next week too
i changed my hex a& b - this week i kept it simple i bought philly light for £1 and a loaf of wholemeal bread 80p and that has lasted me the whole week
8 yoghurts - £2
veg this week- peppers, onions, carrots and a bag of lettce
i got 2 punnets of strawberries, 5 pears and a melon at the market and it was only £3.50
i also bought cherries and blue berries £2
i got some low fat super noodles 50p each
other bits and bobs too. im well happy with what i got. also made mushy pea curry so that done some dinner and also bought some chicken tikka skewers so i had a good week out of the messages and i still have some left over
just showed myself that i can do it on a budget :D

Back