Extra Easy SW on a low budget????

It is deffinately doable. I feed 5 adults and buy cleaning/washing materials etc on £70.00 a week. I find the secret is to plan your meals around whats in season as its cheaper, shop at Netto, Aldi and lidl if you have one buy you, know when the supermarkets reduce their meat etc and cook in bulk where you can. But most of all, plan your meals so you can utalise your ingredients in another dish.

Like the others have said in these days i think we are all pretty much workin on a budget so i can only agree with the others, I know it sounds dodgy but look out for the reductions as well you can freeze them on day of purchase and defrost and use at your liesure...

Good Luck........

slightly off topic but i love your Avatar Charlottegrace....I love Simon Baker in his role as Patrick Jane in The Mentalist :DD

Back to the topic lol....

I think I need to plan more meals in advance I just normally decide on the mornings and then get the stuff i need, it surely costs more that way the more i think about it

xx

Ive been buying the asda smart price stuff cos its cheap. Jacket potato with macaroni cheese, chicken and veg curry with rice, they are sinned but very low. Got a bag of onions and a bag of potatoes and go shopping for reduced mince etc. Also buy a bag of frozen veg, mushrooms, sweetcorn etc and then you can make something out of nothing (ex said I was very good at that............lol) and dont forget the cheap tinned chopped tomatoes!

hope you dont mind me coming on your threads ive just had a gastricbypass and as i did SW years ago i thougt that wen i can eat solids i would use th SW meals as my way of eating as its low fat/sugar etc. i use to love green days as im not a big meat eater i did well lost 4st but then lost it in y head and it all came back pluss. not much choice now as high fat/sugar food would make me ill reading your thread is making me drool but still on liquids. hope to get to know you all in a few weeks ...............kath x

If you buy your normal mince but 'dry fry' it first then keep tipping the liquid/fat away as you cook it, it will be fine. Never leave it in as it will obviously be high in syns.

i was wondering about the mince, I asked my local butcher but it seemed a chore for him to do extra lean mince...I'll not be asking him again, I'll get lean from my local supermarket and just do as toofatcat suggests :D

Like the others have said in these days i think we are all pretty much workin on a budget so i can only agree with the others, I know it sounds dodgy but look out for the reductions as well you can freeze them on day of purchase and defrost and use at your liesure...

Good Luck........
I buy lots of reduced meats, the chicken that I'm having this week cost me 45p!

slightly off topic but i love your Avatar Charlottegrace....I love Simon Baker in his role as Patrick Jane in The Mentalist :DD

Back to the topic lol....

I think I need to plan more meals in advance I just normally decide on the mornings and then get the stuff i need, it surely costs more that way the more i think about it

xx
See thats what I've been doing and it all adds up cos you end up getting other things that you dont even need.
hope you dont mind me coming on your threads ive just had a gastricbypass and as i did SW years ago i thougt that wen i can eat solids i would use th SW meals as my way of eating as its low fat/sugar etc. i use to love green days as im not a big meat eater i did well lost 4st but then lost it in y head and it all came back pluss. not much choice now as high fat/sugar food would make me ill reading your thread is making me drool but still on liquids. hope to get to know you all in a few weeks ...............kath x
we dont mind, good luck with all that xx

If you buy your normal mince but 'dry fry' it first then keep tipping the liquid/fat away as you cook it, it will be fine. Never leave it in as it will obviously be high in syns.
See I do that anyway, It's the way My mum always cooked mince so I just do the same.
Would you still have to syn it?

Back