SW Online?!

Xcharlibobx

Silver Member
I'm a relatively old hand at SW, but I've been going alone at home for a while now. I'm thinking of joining online in the new year so that I have access too more bits & bobs and the exciting new iPhone app!!

But I have a few questions - sorry if they've been asked before & feel free to direct me to the right place, I'm still confused on the forums :)

Will I get the shiny new books joining online?

How easy is changing my address online (I'm moving in 3 weeks) or shall I wait til I've moved to join?

Is online as "good" as group? (I'm going back to work full time & will be a million times too busy to go!)

What sort of scales should I use to weigh? I've been using the Wii board (I like the graphs!) but I don't know if they're ok or not?

Thanks all :D
XxX

Charli XxX

I can't really answer any of yr questions, only give my opinions

I joined in feb and my friend joined online. I got the impression that there are different 'levels' of memership. She didn't get the books sent through but did download them all and printed them off!! It looked quite messy tbh.

I know this will def be 'frowned' upon, join for a month and get going? You will have the books then and done a full month? Or buy a 6week countdown for the same amount as joining online and u get online passwords etc too :)
You may find that once you have been to group you are hooked and can't give it up. I know I can't!!!

Good luck with whatever u do x

You only get the books if you go for the most expensive (GOLD) membership option, otherwise all the information is in PDf format and can be printed out. If you are going to going to join online I would go for the SILVER membership as this includes a year subscription to the magazine which makes it more economical.

Is it as good as joining a group? Probably not, if you are familiar with the plans then you are unlikely to get much from online membership. You get the syn calculator and listing but you can pick up syn values on here without any problems. You can an online food diary but do you really need one? You can keep your food diary on here for free. And you are able to order SW recipe books as an online member. Other than that there are not really any extra tools. You don't get any support from SW or the cameraderie that comes with a consultant and fellow group members. So I would say it is not worth the money.

As for scales the best ones are Salter or WW digital scales. Wii Fit scales are notoriously inaccurate I'm afraid.

Thanks all, I didn't realise you got the books as a PDF! :)

Will have to have think! We're moving miles so group might be a good way to meet people anyway. I buy the mag so Silver does look a reasonable option.

Charli XxX

I gave up using my Wii Fit scales as they gave me very different readings all the time. To check this out got weighed on them half an hour after the first time and they gave me a gain of 3lbs.
Now use the old fashioned needle type as digital one and me also do not get on. :D:D

I've been and bought some WW scales, anything to help!!

I'm thinking of waiting until the move is complete before I make a final decision... Under enough stress!! :D

Charli XxX

Question about SW online

Hi

I am returning to SW after a few years away. I'm contemplating subscribing for online membership, and have heard very mixed reviews.

Can anyone answer a question for me - do you log your weight online each week? Is there some sort of chart showing your weight loss journey? And when you get awards, do they show up online? Sorry if these seem odd questions, but I find that a page clearly showing weight loss and achievements keeps me motivated, so am trying to find this out before deciding whether to sign up online or not.

If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it!!

Hi

I am returning to SW after a few years away. I'm contemplating subscribing for online membership, and have heard very mixed reviews.

Can anyone answer a question for me - do you log your weight online each week? YES
Is there some sort of chart showing your weight loss journey? YES
And when you get awards, do they show up online? YES
Sorry if these seem odd questions, but I find that a page clearly showing weight loss and achievements keeps me motivated, so am trying to find this out before deciding whether to sign up online or not.

If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it!!

Hope that helps!

Perfect, thank you!

I joined on line and realised I had waisted my money. I cancelled it and was lucky enough to get a refund in vouchers which I passed on to a friend. Got the info off ebay exactly the same anyway. cost a few pounds and everything was the same. Going to start and actually use it now. I use wii board for scales. Good luck.

I think joining onine is a waste of money you can join a group for a week and get the books and in january your first week is only 4.95 as there is no joining fee. You will get all the support you need and more on here :)

I personally would say if you can get to a group instead, go. I joined SW 3 years ago and can honestly say its one of the best things I've ever done. Quite aside from the fact I have lost 9 stones, I've gained a new SW family! Going each week to get weighed keeps me on the straight and narrow and I can be with like minded people and natter to my hearts content about SW. I get recipes and ideas as well and it's a couple of hours each week - I love it! I know that some people can't commit themselves to going to class each week (or don't want to) and that's fine but I'd say if you're undecided whether to attend or not, try it!

Thanks for all the suggestions :)

I think I'll use my old books for now & consider group when I move. I went to group about 3 years ago but hubby & I both disliked our C :( He won't come to group again but as it's a new town I'm hoping to meet people (if I go!!)

I do love the support & friendship on here - it's like a SW family in my pocket :D

I think what puts me off online is the up front fee, and I'm not very motivated at the best of times lol!! Waste of money if I get lazy... which of course I won't ;)

And as I have all the books & you glorious people, I think it would be better to just get back on the wagon. I lost without the new books, I'm sure I still will :D

Charli XxX

Personally I would not join online as I see it as a waste of money. You get all the support on here and if you just wabt the new books as someone suggested join for a week, get them and then stop.
I am new on here but have had a lot of help and support since joining a couple of weeks ago. Good luck

Back