SW Roasties

If you are doing them with frylight the kind of tin you use is really important. If its not a good quality non stick one they will stick to the bottom and any kind of crispiness will fall off onto the tin, not the potato. Its really worth if you can investing in a good quality roasting tin with like anolon or similar, I got one not long ago and the difference is amazing

If you are doing them with frylight the kind of tin you use is really important. If its not a good quality non stick one they will stick to the bottom and any kind of crispiness will fall off onto the tin, not the potato. Its really worth if you can investing in a good quality roasting tin with like anolon or similar, I got one not long ago and the difference is amazing

Did you get it online, or in a shop? I've been so disappointed with baking tins I've bought lately :mad:

I did some SW roasties the other night, I did par boil my spuds though. Sprayed the tray with a bit of frylight, sprayed the potatoes too, dotted some whole garlic cloves round and sprinkled a bit of rosemary over the top. I'm not kidding they are to DIE for! :)

Been dying to try these for ages.... The version with the chicken stock and tonight was the night... They were gorgeous. Will definitely be a regular in our house now!

Quick way is to chop potatoes with skins on ,micro wave until soft and then roast with seasoning and fry light!

So going to try with stock, sounds amazing! X

Like RayRay86 said, instead of par-boiling mine in a pan with water, I stick my potatoes in the microwave for about 8 minutes without water, fluff them up in the bowl, then onto a hot baking tray with fry light and salt.
I'm making a roast dinner tonight, I'm going to try my roasties with the stock. Sounds yummy :)

I made these for tea tonight, the ones with the stock. They were lovely. I had to cook them for a lot longer than usual though, but totally worth it.

I made these for tea tonight, the ones with the stock. They were lovely. I had to cook them for a lot longer than usual though, but totally worth it.

How high did you have your oven? I had mine on gas mark 8 and they only took 45 mins!! They were totally lovel though :xmascheers: I'll be having them with my Christmas dinner!!

How high did you have your oven? I had mine on gas mark 8 and they only took 45 mins!! They were totally lovel though :xmascheers: I'll be having them with my Christmas dinner!!

I had it on 200c, They usually only take 20-25 mins. Took about 45. They were scrummy though :)

Have you tried chicken oxo roasties?

Par boil the pots, drain and rough them up a little. Place in a roasting dish, then pour upto 1/2 way up the potatoes made up chicken stock, spray the tops with frylight and put in a hot oven for about 45 mins.

The potatoes soak in the chicken stock making the inside lovely and soft and the outside crispy from the frylight ......and they don't taste of chicken! :D

It's what a chef would do, however he would add goose fat instead of the liquid.

PS Don't turn the potatoes otherwise they won't get crispy.

Totally agree with this. Shaking them prior to going in the oven makes them fluffy and crisp!

I made this last night, as my OH wanted to cook the roast potatoes in goose fat (Mmmm). I tried them with a lamb stock cube. What can I say they were amazing, even my OH was impressed!!

Shall def be doing these again. Thanks for the recipe.

SB

I made these roasties today using a chicken oxo and they were fab!!! Just a bit worried I may have to syn these as I used the same roasting tray that I had cooked my chicken on. I did not add any oil but there was chicken juices/oils left in the roasting tray. Could anyone please tell me if this is syns? Thanks.

How much water/chocken stock? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back