SW vs WW

Hey girls, I'm doing pro points, but a friend has been successful on sw in the past. There's just some things I don't get, I was having tea at hers a few weeks back and she gave me a mountain of rice, and I'm obviously used to 62.5 grams which is one, she then said that on SW you can eat literally as much rice pasta and potatoes as you want, but I said well how can you eat that much carbs, not exercise but still lose weight???? I don't get it :/

hi ther im like u i just dont get it , when i did sw i was not very sucessful , i even took my diary into class and even the leader couldnt explain why i wasnt losing weight .one the other haand my friend has lost 1stone on it . think it just works for differnt people unfortantly i was one of the ones it didnt work for ww all the way!!

Both plans work equally as well ... slimming world i get faster weight losses on but you pretty much cut out all crap from your diet.. 15 syns dont go far ..with weightwatchers i miss big meals but enjoy being able to have bread and some of the naughtier treats witch you can count in on weightwatchers but not so simple on sw ...so it all depends really on what you want more of really ....

i tend to end up swapping every so often as i get bored

Hi, i did sw but couldnt get my head around it tbh! Youre right in saying that you can eat unlimited carbs etc but my prob is portion control and sw just let me run riot with the portions haha. I am starting ww on monday and im really looking forward to it, much easier to get my head around too!

Yea that's what I mean, if I wasn't trying to lose weight i would gaily just eat pasta 6 times a day haha, I just can't get my head around doing that but losing weight still, I might give it a go in a couple of months, pro points is working great for me so far, I can eat what I want in moderation and it helps me make better choices, I've lost 11 pounds in 5 weeks, with a couple of slip up binges and a lot of cheeky Vimtos, which I've stopped drinking now haha

LOOOOOL i love Vimto and thought u were an addict aswell....hahahaha

thanks....i stole it off the WW forum...looool

HI i have always been a ww girl, and have lost weight successfully with it, I always dismised sw after looking into it because for me I could not get my head round the amount of food you can eat on it. When I try to lose weight, Im all or nothing, which means if I go over my points allowance, I think oh well I may as well have what I want and start again next week, lol, so I didnt think sw could ever work for me because I thought I would be constantly doubting myself and my portion sizes.

But after getting pregnant I decided to try sw and just relax about my weight, because I wasnt too worried about what the scales said I just stuck to the rules, but ate the quantity that I wanted. In my first week I lost 6lb, I couldnt believe it I expected a gain, so was so happy, I now love sw, I love that its based around healthy food, and I feel so much better for it. I had planned on returning to ww after birth, but I think ill stick to sw, maybe as I get closer to target Ill switch back, but im not sure.

Back