SW vs WW

Pouchie

Ok so I have been trying to do SW for some time but keep falling off the wagon, could someone please explain the difference in the two plans. I am not trying to start a riot I am just quite confused in the difference between syns and pro points. I have looked over some of the diaries and the menus look good and more flexible than SW although SW does allow me pasta, am I allowed pasta on WW?

Sorry for all the questions any information would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Im not familiar with sw so I'll let someone who is explain. Ww however I am familiar with. You can eat whatever you want, once you track it. All food has a points value (some foods are 0 points) and you get a certain number of points a day & then your 49 weekly to use as you wish. So i get 26 per day which I use for my 3 mail meals and the I use the weeklies for snacks or weekend treats. Bit up to you how you use them. If you go to class your leader will tell you how many points you have. Trick with ww is to eat as many 0 point foods (fruit and most veg) so that your not hungry & can stick to to your daily & weekly pp. hope this helps?

Hi

I do SW but keep an eye on the WW forum as I'm considering making the change. I've lost 2st 4.5lb on SW but my losses are grinding to a halt.
SW is great, very little weighing and measuring so its easy to follow. The extra easy plan lets you have unlimited pasta, potatoes, cous cous, rice, lean meat and fruit and veg. All meals hve to have a third of the plate filled with fruit/veg (known as superfree foods). You get up to 15 syns a day to use on treats or adding things to meals like gravy or butter. You get one healthy a choice a day which is a measured amount of cheese/milk an one healthy b choice a day which is a measured amount of cereal/bread/olive oil/crackers.
WW teaches better portion control and is more convenient as SW relies on cooking from scratch a lot.
Hope this helps

Xx

Hi, I am considering switching to ww from sw, I think I need a kick start! Ive not lost a lot of weight fast and all the cooking from scratch is driving me mad at times lol
If you make the switch let me know how it goes x

I switched 2 days ago!!

SW helped me lost nearly 6.5 stone...have gained 1.5 back as I have very little portion control now :-(

So far I am happy with WW and the points :)

Let us know what you choose xxx

Hi all,

Just thought I'd add you can also switch to simply filling when following ww if you get a bit fed up of counting and weighing everything which is similar to sw but less complicated eg no hex a,b etc. You just have filling and healthy food that you dont have to count and then treats come out of your weekly points. You can switch between the two on a daily basis if need be and there is a thread on here if you need more info on it.

Good luck all whatever you decide,
Dan x

Dan8317 said:
Hi all,

Just thought I'd add you can also switch to simply filling when following ww if you get a bit fed up of counting and weighing everything which is similar to sw but less complicated eg no hex a,b etc. You just have filling and healthy food that you dont have to count and then treats come out of your weekly points. You can switch between the two on a daily basis if need be and there is a thread on here if you need more info on it.

Good luck all whatever you decide,
Dan x

I did wonder what the difference was!!
It sounds good - but for me wouldn't help my portion control! pP's for me (for now anyway) xx

The thing that appeals to me about WW is the weekly points. I save up syns for a night out or meal out but have much lower losses if I do that. It's also frowned upon by some consultants and promoted by others which makes it feel like I'm cheating. The fact WW gives you a built in treat with points is definitely appealing x

The thing that appeals to me about WW is the weekly points. I save up syns for a night out or meal out but have much lower losses if I do that. It's also frowned upon by some consultants and promoted by others which makes it feel like I'm cheating. The fact WW gives you a built in treat with points is definitely appealing x

hi, i did sw and lost about 2 and half stone! i loved it at the time...when i done it it was red/green days and without fail on a weekend or the night i got weight would have treat!! i fell off the wagon and never got back on i just struggled massivly!!

i joined ww 6 weeks ago and iv lost 10lb and iv never once felt like im on a diet, yes i buy ww stuff and your limited to what you can have (within pp allowance) but i get weighed a sat and on a sat i eat whatever i like coz i have that extra 49pp a week!!i mean iv just had a chocolate cake and custard pudding!!! who has that on a diet?? i will never go back. ww all the way lol

good luck on your journey and keep a diary it helps massivly x

Back