SW vs WW

It's always strikes me as funny that people on SW who don't like WW almost always say they were hungry yet the biggest complaint on the WW forum is having loads of points still available and not wanting to eat more

Just shows the difference making good use of your points makes

Well that never applied to me when I did a brief defect a few years ago - I had used all my points by lunchtime LOL xxx

I have a friend who does WW but she complains she is always hungry. I told her to give S W a go but she says it seems too much of a faf????? I know I eat sleep and breathe S W but a faf??? I dont think so!:eek:

Think the person who said they both work if you stick to them said it best.

You can do nothing but eat rubbish on WW, but you won't have many points left at the end of the day, and you'll be hungry etc. Whereas if you choose the healther foods, fill up on fruit and veg which has no points (like you would on SW) you'll be fuller for longer and get more for your points.

At the end of the day it's not the diet making you eat in a certain way, its yourself and only you know how you like to eat etc, so what suits you and your lifestyle best.

I haven't done WW since before pro points but it didn't suit me at all - it was a bit of license to eat rubbish tbh. And yes, I'm aware that is my fault and not the diet's fault.

I agree with Jezzi - WW does make it more difficult to cook if you're not the type to follow recipes. I like to throw things in a pan and see what happens, it's much easier to do this with SW. It sucked the fun out of cooking tbh and I ended up living on WW pizza and ready meals because it was easier than cooking actual meals.

And there's my other problem - I am basically lazy. Give me an inch and I will take a mile. SW doesn't allow me to be lazy or get into bad habits in the same way.

I have friends who've done spectacularly well on WW so I've no doubt that it works. It's just about picking the right diet to suit your mindset.

I assumed they were much the same. I love slimming world and I hope I don't stop feeling that way.

This thread has made me giggle!

I used to be a WW girl and I loved it and turned my nose up at SW!! Haha but the I got bored of WW, my reasons were-
1) didn't like my leader
2) hated the meeting after
3) was always hungry and never had points left for a treat out of my daily points
4) if I ever had my weekly points I never lost

So I tried SW and I love it. I love the freedom of no weighing for free foods, I like the daily syns and I enjoy he meetings.

I think it's a case of researching both and choosing what's best for you.

But I'd go with this,
If you like quick ready meals and measuring portions go to WW.

If you want to not faff with measuring and want unlimited potatoes and pasta go for SW.

But also WW does a healthy and filling option which I think is like SW..... You don't use points.

But my personal opinion is SW!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have also dont weight watchers and slimming world, i find that sw is easier to follow on busy days, for example making quick meals you can just throw free foods in without a second thought where as on ww i spent alot if time weighing everything and working out, also the ready meals are useful but i found i was still hungry and unsatisfied after.

And did ww for years (before Pro-points in fact my first experience was with the carb/protein/fat selection programme, now that WAS hard!). It does work like any "diet" if you stick to it. Its also very good for teaching you portion control/sizes. But I was constantly thinking of points - how many I'd used, how many left etc

I now much prefer sw but because of the portion sizing bit I'm glad I did ww first. It took me AGES to get points out of my head. What I love the most is not weighing which is why I liked the WW Core programme when they briefly had that. I know its different now as I think fruit is free but when I did it I wouldnt want to "waste" my points on apples!!!!

I have tried SW quite a few times with great results but always fallen off the wagon, no particular reason why. A couple of months ago I decided to try WW and despite having ok losses, I'm returning to SW this week. A couple of reasons why...

1) Didn't like my class - my leader was unexperienced and just went through the weekly magazine pointing out things.
2) Pointing seemed like a chore. I like to know whats free and what isn't.
3) Some points values clashed. I could work points out on my calcular and then get a different value online so never really understood which one to use.
4) I ate far too many WW sweets. Very nice but I was just eating them for eating sake. Sweets on SW would of been a treat.

I follow SW but I do have a little mooch on the WW forum to get an understanding of what the differences are. I literally woke up one morning and thought - I'm joining SW today! No research into the two plans or anything I just dived right in! Luckily I enjoy SW and 80% I don't feel like I miss any foods.
BUT the thing that really appeals to me about WW is the weekly points. I often have a night out, or drinks at a friends house or a meal out. I save my syns as I can't flexi-syn every week but my losses slow dramatically and ie started turning down social activities to try and get better losses (which didn't make any difference so I basically just lost my social life for no reason!) but with weekly points it feels like I would be allowed a social life.
Just thinking out loud really
X

I have done ww before and the first time i did really well, then i went off track and started gaining a lb losing a lb and was going round in circles, i cancelled my membership and then rejoined in July this year and did terribly with it, so after faffing about i decided to join slimming world online (I work shifts so have never been able to commit to a class) and after nearly 2 weeks I can say it is so much better than ww, i can eat a jacket spud with beans and not worry that it's going to cost 16 points (only allowed 26 points per day on ww) and I'm loving it so far, i havent felt hungry on sw once so far and my first WI I lost 6lbs, it suits me so much better so far. Also slimming world online is much better in that you can download the pdf files of free foods and syns etc, ww never seemed to have anything useful to download and its so much easier not having to calculate everything, I am a convert to sw wish i had made the switch earlier!

Ok so I have been trying to do SW for some time but keep falling off the wagon
I think if you enjoy cooking and not having to weigh/measure things then you are going to struggle even more on WW and will fall off their wagon just as much.

With WW you will have to measure most of your food and count points for everything except fruit and veg. And the points can easily run away with you if you eat the ready meals, biscuits, cakes and sweets.
All the SW girls I know who've tried WW eventually came back to SW - they all said it was just so much easier.

It's all been said already really, and Jaylou is right. ANY diet works if you stick to it.
The biggest problem with dieting is that we all want quick results.
Well, it took us a long time to gain the weight gradually - it didn't just appear overnight.
So don't expect to lose it overnight with any conventional diet.

Take the long view - find something that is going to work for you and that you can stick to for the rest of your life.
SW is just this - don't think of it as a diet, it's a healthy eating plan.
Corny I know - but true.

It's taken me a long time to lose my 5 stone - but I've been maintaining for 11 months now.
In fact I'm finding it hard to maintain and have now dropped another 6 lbs from my original target without really trying as I am so used to eating the SW way that I really don't want to go back to large quantities of fat and the "bad things" I ate before. Bad for me was peanuts and crisps! I could eat them until they came out of my ears!

Work out why you're falling off the wagon and how to combat this rather than blaming SW and wanting to switch!

IIMMMMMM BACK

Hello everyone im new here

I just thought id throw my 2 penny in

I have decided to join SW over WW because believe that SW offer you the chance to have those snacks and treats that you crave and not to feel bad about it like on WW. Another reason is that i cant be bothered weighing all the pro points and all that. I tend to roughly eat the same things most days so for me SW is the better option (get to know the syn values)

However that my personal choice my goal is to loose a stone by xmas and 1.5 if im lucky (and stick to it)

I will also add that SW recipes are much nicer than WW ones.

Anyone got any ideas for a different salad tomorrow, or know how many syns are on chorizo?

Chorizo = 9 syns per 100g (Red & EE) 14.5 on Green

bigjaco said:
Hello everyone im new here

I just thought id throw my 2 penny in

I have decided to join SW over WW because believe that SW offer you the chance to have those snacks and treats that you crave and not to feel bad about it like on WW. Another reason is that i cant be bothered weighing all the pro points and all that. I tend to roughly eat the same things most days so for me SW is the better option (get to know the syn values)

However that my personal choice my goal is to loose a stone by xmas and 1.5 if im lucky (and stick to it)

I will also add that SW recipes are much nicer than WW ones.

Anyone got any ideas for a different salad tomorrow, or know how many syns are on chorizo?

I don't see how WWmakes you feel bad about treats far from it

If you're on WW you can do any recipes. SW ones aren't exclusive to SW

law3a3m said:
I follow SW but I do have a little mooch on the WW forum to get an understanding of what the differences are. I literally woke up one morning and thought - I'm joining SW today! No research into the two plans or anything I just dived right in! Luckily I enjoy SW and 80% I don't feel like I miss any foods.
BUT the thing that really appeals to me about WW is the weekly points. I often have a night out, or drinks at a friends house or a meal out. I save my syns as I can't flexi-syn every week but my losses slow dramatically and ie started turning down social activities to try and get better losses (which didn't make any difference so I basically just lost my social life for no reason!) but with weekly points it feels like I would be allowed a social life.
Just thinking out loud really
X

Unfortunately I had the same problem on WW as I do on SW in that I can't save syns for a night out and I couldn't save points as I would stall if I did and have found that I stall on SW if I do it too. I also found that I couldn't use any points I accrued through exercise even if I worked my butt off and took the lowest point value! Other people could do both and lose so much. Seems very unfair but it's just a case of analysing what works for you on any plan and making it happen. SW has been great for me this time but think I have approached it very differently and that's what's made the difference.

Back