SW Weigh & Go Classes

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by laurawalker85, 16 September 2010 Social URL.

1. laurawalker85

laurawalker85 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi All,

I've been doing SW on my own for the past couple of weeks and I would love to go to classes but work very long hours. Now looking through the threads I have seen some of you mention the weigh & go classes and these sound perfect for me with my hours. I have looked online and cant find them on the SW site. Does anyone know how I can find these classes around London? Thank you x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Louise24

Louise24 Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi Laura, as far as I know SW don't have specific "weigh and go" classes.

What you've probably read about is where people go to class, get weighed and then don't stop for the meeting / image therapy - so in essence they are weighing and going.

You can do this at any SW group :)

4. shell_y

shell_y Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(12.91%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Ah yeah they do have them, maybe ring slimming world head office and ask,

5. Scanbran

Scanbran Stupid Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(11.11%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I haven't heard of this either, but you should check it out - maybe it's cheaper :confused:

I'm one of those who doesn't usually stay to class anyway :eek:

6. big bear

big bear A bear on a mission!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    what part of london?

7. cazzabella78

cazzabella78 staying positive

Start Weight:
    12st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    hey laura,

aparantly some classes do have weigh and go before the class starts. i looked up a class on the SW website (joined last night) so i went along at 5.30pm only to find the class had started at 5.15pm but it was a weigh and go class and the actual class didnt start until 7.00pm but it wasn't mentioned on the website. Might be best to phone the class leader first if they've got a number on the SW website.

8. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    you can just weigh and go at any class - they don't tie you to a chair and make you sit through the class!

Incidentally, there is a weigh and go class on oxford street, in the sally army building that I used to go to and the consultant Di is both a funny character, but also really knows her stuff.

9. anoushka

anoushka Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(10%)
    Hiya,

I go to a 'pop in group' I think it's called, in London, where I just weigh and go. It's £4.95 a week, which I think is the same price, but I don't mind as it suits me to dash in and out on my lunch break. (You can find it if you search for EC1R 5EG on the SW website.)

There's still a consultant there who is always happy to answer questions and we still have Slimmer of the Week (we just collect it the following week as no one is there at the end, if you see what I mean?)

Good luck!

10. time2bslim

time2bslim Just doing it this time

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(10.05%)
    they do have these classes. I went to one and couldn't understand why there were no chairs out or a table with all the literature on etc - and I felt a fool when I asked where I would sit after joining and weighing in etc - she said it was just a weigh and go class because it was in the middle of the town centre ? I was surprised though that the cost was the same - I didnt' keep to class long though.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.